Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle Reviews

• Oct 09, 2020

This was probably the best movie I've seen in a while. Definitely the best jungle book / mowgli story I've seen. I loved every animal and hurt everytime one died, the story was great and kept me entertained, but the acting from the kid playing mowgli was phenomenal, and the voice acting was awesome. I NEED MORE !!!! there is definitely a lot more that needs to be told and I love andy's way of showing the dark side of the story, I hope they make more because this could be a whole series. I'm very sad a lot of people didn't like it.

• Sep 23, 2020

I enjoyed this one overall as it retells the legendary story of man and the jungle animals, but, one of my favorite characters being King Louie was missing

• Sep 06, 2020

A very good family movie. Great action and loved the story line!

A very good family movie. Great action and loved the story line!

• Aug 31, 2020

Why wad i even bother

Why wad i even bother

• Jul 17, 2020

Good watch, probably won't watch again, and can recommend if you're just looking for another version of "The Jungle Book". I will say they definitely had the budget for a decent production value, and while Mowgli is almost the only person in the movie, I can definitely say that Rohan Chand is a great child actor, and everyone should be watching him going forward. Someone was upset that Disney had "The Jungle Book" made as a family friendly, charming movie, and when Netflix was giving away jobs, he jumped in and said, "It's time for the Nolan treatment!" and made a grittier more nuanced than intuitive version. This version goes much too far into the politics of the Jungle, and does some really strange re-casts of the characters. Baloo is almost a pirate captain, or an old military commander (because you remember how when the English conquered India, the Indian fought back on bear calvary, right?), and Louie is replaced with a friendly Kaa (still in charge of "the monkey people"), and they specifically go into who is in the pack and who isn't and what laws are being broken. They even added a new character just to put them in the FRIDGE: I really thought we were done with that trope (it's probably a cliche now). The action is almost all flippant, it doesn't amount to much and it's all shot a little funny to me. They also added a Gaston / Clayton character as an antagonist so there are alleged twists on how both must be handled. The dialogue is mostly fine, but this is LONG, about 1 hr 45 mins, but feels like 2 hrs 30 min. The story arcs feel more like a run on sentence: looking back I can identify an establishing Act, a climatic Act, and something in the middle that must have been the 2nd act, where all the strife happens, but the weight definitely isn't equal amongst the 3. There is also no graduating: the fable aspect is long gone, there is not "leveling", Mowgli is the same punk kid as when the movie started, he's just stupid enough to challenge a tiger in open terrain (yes, there's more to that, but it wouldn't matter). I even like the movie, but this version takes out what little I found special from the Disney versions and replaces it with Batman levels of inner conflict over his identity.

• Jun 15, 2020

It might be the worst movie ever.

It might be the worst movie ever.

• Jun 11, 2020

What this movie was supposed to be was a more stark, gritty version of the classic source material that appeals to a more mature audience. And yes, it is. But that doesn't make it better than the original. The plot itself is much like the original, but it lacks the moments of endearing character connection that made the original so lovable and entertaining from start to finish. That leads to the second problem: the characters. Every character is extremely predictable in their story arc, one-dimensional, and bland. The moments of dramatic tension fall flat because of, as I mentioned before, a lack of character focus. Also, many of the scenes are so unrealistic that they are cringe-worthy, which would have been fine for kids, but the problem lies in the fact that it's marketed to an older audience. For the positives, the CGI is very impressive. Too bad the rest of it is of poor quality.

• Jun 02, 2020

The plot is similar to the Disney film but possibly slightly better. However it lacks the CGI brilliance and charming warmth of the Disney film which is overall the far superior film. Still, not too shabby.

• May 23, 2020

Mowgli is one of these very known childhood movies that I never actually known or watched.. So I decided to give this lovely remake a try, and it was lovely indeed The director is obviously talented with making these animals look as real and emotional as characters should be Actor playing Mowgli is super cute and also talented as well Characters are real , movie is real , but what was a little poor was the main story.. The strength of focusing on showing the feeling of belonging was so real in the beginning but it didn't manage to last long at the end of it But all in all I enjoyed the movie even if it lacked a little work in some details

• May 14, 2020

Annoying child, he keeps making mistakes over and over again. You would expect he got at least some character development but even that doesn't happen. Horrible movie!