Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Reviews

½ November 14, 2018
I was on board with the first half of this movie, which was actually pretty exciting and engaging. The second half feels drastically slower and lacks thrills.
½ November 13, 2018
The change of scenery is surprisingly refreshing and the horror elements being brought back is nice, the characters are not compelling at all, and at times it feels more goofy than scary/thrilling.
½ November 13, 2018
Does anyone remember the excitement when it was announced a sequel was coming for Jurassic park?
Well, sadly that sequel was the lost world. A great book but terrible movie. Still, it wasnt as bad as the third instalment.
They left the franchise pretty much alone after that, thankfully.
I was very skeptical when jurassic world was announced, good cast, big budget but by all accounts not really bringing anything new.
Well, i really enjoyed it. Was obviously not as deeply affected by it as the first movie, that came out when I was 12 years old and for six weeks straight i spent my entire pocket money to go and see it in the cinema. To say i was blown away would be a considerable understatement. Still, Jurassic world was enjoyable and for the most part well put together.
So, when fallen kingdom was announced i was like... "ah nice cant wait!"

Well we have jumped the inevitable shark, and the producers have gone full lost world on this one. It was sloppy, lazy writing. Too many references to the original film, it was to the point of feeling like a rip off, or dare i say p+ss take? not inspired in any way. There are no risks being taken in these big budget films, i mean the film had its moments but a few good moments dont make a great film.
Original ideas and writing, make a great film, making something that your audience will think about and talk about make a great film. This is pastiche at best.

Yaaawn
November 12, 2018
Rather sloppily made. Just kept throwing things in there for the hell of it. Not even Chris Pratt could save this one.
November 12, 2018
While most of the movie's visuals were fairly good and even beautiful at times, there are those scenes that just look rushed and lazily edited. Even though these slight mistakes are forgiving there are some other things that irritate me. For example, (spoiler!) in the movie it is told that the young girl that Owen and Claire befriend is actually a clone. On paper this might sound like a good idea, but I just find it pretty lazy and seemed like they were running out of ideas. But again, it is not of large concern because I feel that the way the news was delivered was fairly fitting. My point is, this movie has its flaws but nonetheless it is still entertaining. The whole point of these movies is to be entertaining and keep the franchise alive. And I adore that.
½ November 12, 2018
Stupid, heartless and stupid again.
November 12, 2018
This movie has a LOT of questions because my own question is what happen to the dinosaurs that jump over the cliff?
November 11, 2018
Loved it! Amazing sequel to the new franchise.
November 10, 2018
Well it's the same kind of scenario from previous. Greedy people lots of dinosaurs. It's not bad,. It's just not great either.
November 8, 2018
Can Chris Pratt just go back to dust at the end of infinity war because this was not that great of a movie. I mean SKREW THAT LITTLE CYBORG, CLONE, COPPY, GIRL.
November 8, 2018
It's not that Bad at all, it's a bit more depressing & sad than scary.
November 7, 2018
A mediocre adventure film, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom delivers some exciting action but is a little lacking on story. When a volcano erupts on Isla Nublar Claire Dearing teams up with a wealthy industrialist to help evacuate the dinosaurs to a preserve, but when they get to the island she's double crossed. Despite having a strong cast that includes James Cromwell, Toby Jones, and Ted Levine, most of them are wasted; except Levine, who proves to be a good villain. Yet the writing is rather poor, as the plot is forced and doesn't make a lot of sense. Also, it teases mysteries that don't really pay off. Still, the special effects are incredible good, and make for some amazing dinosaur scenes. And the score does an extraordinary job at capturing the dark and tragic tone of the film. While it has its problems, in the end Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is entertaining and full of thrills.
November 7, 2018
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is a 2018 American science fiction adventure film and the sequel to Jurassic World. Directed by J. A. Bayona, it is the fifth installment of the Jurassic Park film series.
While some of the scenes involve a few too many lucky co-incidences, I still enjoyed this movie from start to end. Apart from the dramatic and tense scenes, there were also a number of humorous moments which worked well. The settings and special effects were particularly good.
November 6, 2018
could've been better
½ November 5, 2018
I thought it was the scariest yet.
½ November 2, 2018
it went from a masterpiece (1st movie) to a cheesy and silly movie. horrible plot with plot holes. dumb moments in the movie. they're plenty of flaws bottom line. however, the movie has its moments which are few. but in th end, it is a mediocre movie. stop making silly movies and make another jurassic park/world like the 1st jurassic park!
½ November 2, 2018
As a kid dinosaurs was one of my great interests. Thus I was so thrilled by the first Jurassic Park movie, which I thought then, and still think today, is a great movie. Sadly the following movies have been a mixed bag to say the least.

This movie falls in the "that was disappointing" category I am afraid. It is obviously that however wrote the story was a lazy bugger that simply rehashed old bits and standard Hollywood cheap concepts and then added some frustrating preaching to it.

The two scenes, one at the beginning and one in the end, where Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) was just sitting and ranting on and on was enough by itself to drag down the movie a star or two. We get it, however wrote that crap do not like gene science. Then go and write a piece in a science journal or something. Oh wait, it would not have been excepted since there was no science in it, just ranting mixed up with poorly hidden religious beliefs. So instead you had to go and ruin a movie which was meant to simply entertain.

The we have the rest of the story. The best, or should I say the kindest, word for describing it would be "predictable". How many times are we going to do the big company captures animals for profit story? At least try to put some intelligence in the plot if you have to rehash it over and over again. It has even been done before in the same franchise for Christ sake!

I would lie if I did not say that I found, at least, some entertainment watching the movie though. But pretty much all of it came from watching the scenery and the special effects. They at least were pretty good. But then I do like big monsters stomping around wreaking havoc and eating people, especially when it is the bad guys.

There were some parts that was rather funny. I think Christ Pratt, and most of the other actors as well for that matter, did a fairly good job out of the lousy script. The idea of using a Stygimoloch to break free was quite cool and the havoc he wreaked somewhat funny. The part where Wheatley stop in the middle of all the chaos to extract a tooth as a bloody trophy was just silly though.

The end scenes was just frustrating. However wrote that ought to be shot. A few dinosaurs escape and then the conclusion is that humanity have to live side by side with dinosaurs from then one. What a load of rubbish!

Sadly, despite the genre being a favorite of mine and the special effects being pretty good, this film did not make it for me due to the unintelligent and lazy script.
November 2, 2018
Rather boring, my wife and I got to half way and couldnt finish it. Might give it a crack tomorrow.
½ November 1, 2018
Disappointed. Story plot lacking. Bored but felt obligated to watch it in its entirety.
November 1, 2018
This turned out to be way better than what I was expecting. The advertising for this movie was deceptive in a good way; there's way more to this movie than just rescuing dinosaurs off an island that has a volcano about to explode. It also gave us a decent cliffhanger that easily leads to the third, and likely final film. It left me wanting more; it didn't leave me angry there's no solid ending.