Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Reviews

January 17, 2019
This movie was retarded. they cant seem to make up there minds on what to do.
January 16, 2019
Not the best of the series - duped into 'saving' the dinos so they can become weapons.
½ January 16, 2019
Terrible script, very uncharacteristic choices made. Biggest disappointment in recent memory
January 15, 2019
This movie was spectacular and truly a one of a kind spectacle. J.A. Bayona proves yet again that when it comes to his movies visual storytelling ranks supreme. Actors did a good job. The mix with practical and computer effects were done smoothly. The entire film extremely fast paced, but was never jarring since the pacing was mostly consistent during the first act. Unfortunately this movie suffers from a much more noticeably slow second act which drags the movie down, but is then picked right back up again in the third act. Action is in plentiful supply, and expect less of a popcorn movie flick and more of a claustrophobic horror much like the original Jurassic Park books which contains a similar tone and theme.
January 15, 2019
The movie is great. Critics are stupid, nitpicking things that were a problem back in the original. But nobody critiques the original no,no,no because that's a classic. That's not fair.
½ January 14, 2019
What a mindless high-budget blockbuster. It's predecessor at least had a story line and somewhat likable leads. Already after five minutes into it, I was rather hoping that the volcano would put an end to dinosaurs and cast alike, so we won't have to sit through another sequel.
½ January 14, 2019
Fallen kingdom continues to prove that as soon as you take the dinosaurs from the island, things can fall apart. But worse is the destruction of everything that has come before it, the volcano segment of the movie is unpleasant and harrowing in a way that you don't want from a summer blockbuster especially with the tone and messages they start the film with. While a lack of logic can make sense for some elements in a film and other franchises, here the focus on the private military and taking the dinosaurs to further experiment on them, makes no sense narratively, especially when those so many other interesting routes they could focus on. Half the characters in the film are very frustrating, with Bryce Dallas Howard completely unrecognisable and basically playing a different character from the first movie. There is no progression from the first entry as Fallen Kingdom falls in the trap that happens too often these days when the film makers feel you have to reset and put the characters back in the situation they were in before, making you question why you took that journey with them in the first place? Claire bonding and becoming closer to her family? Not in this movie. Other characters you've either seen before or are just laughable in how they flip flop their beliefs or are literally dragged off screen to appear next time (yes that's one very specific cameo I'm talking about there). Lastly the franchises approach to the dinosaurs feels very forced as you never know whether to be scared or root for them, with the latter clearly being what they want to help toy sales. When it feels one dinosaur could literally wink at the camera you know things have gone too far. Chris Pratt is charismatic as always and certain sets are detailed and fun to explore, with many plot elements having great potential. There are great support characters too, with Toby Jones playing a fun villain that is more than can be said for our main one but while the set pieces are effective the first half of the film simply doesn't work and while the second half does have interesting elements, its let down by the lack of logic or characterization.
½ January 14, 2019
Where to begin? The critics have been rather generous, the marketing team have over-hyped it, the director must have been drunk. I'm feeling good that I missed out on seeing this in the cinema, but bad that I've snubbed JP3 all these years and omitted it from my paid-for movie library, when I paid for this? I get it, post 2000's movies are generally below par anyway, it's a running theme. Like computer games, script, acting and direction have fallen by the wayside as shiny graphics and special effects takes center stage. After all, why create quality when ramping up the zing factor and pumping it out like mass produced burgers makes so much money? I mean, look at how much this movie made at the box office! Yay, target met, wallets padded, job done. Yet on the other hand, like a quality restaurant, with a chef who's passionate about the food he serves, it's customers will return again and again for decades to come. Just like viewers of the original Jurassic Park movies, they keep watching them again and again, still purchasing copies 26 years later. Now i watched JW1 in the cinema and enjoyed it, for what it was. I understood that it was never going to live up to the standards of a Spielberg film, and not really knowing Bayona from a bar of soap, I already assumed that JW1 would be like most other modern movies; glamorous with no depth. So I enjoyed the film for what it was, and appreciated the introduction of the animal and handler dynamic. I was already wary of this movie due to it's pre-release marketing tactics. I felt apprehensive that all the best bits where spoiled and there might not be much left unseen for us to discover viewing the full feature. But this is not exactly why this movie failed so miserably to meet any positive expectation. Yes it's a factor, because those moments we all saw in the myriad of trailers released ahead of the feature, somehow failed to maintain their effect once seen in context within the film. I put this down to poor craftsmanship. The whole movie feels like a very long cut-scene in a computer game that was rushed and ultimately incomplete. I loved seeing Ian Malcolm again even if it was only a little bit, and of course, the follow up on our new favorite character Blue the Velociraptor. But we the viewer where promised so much more than this. This doesn't even hold up to Jurassic World 1. I hope Bayona gets his act together for the third installment, because he was given the perfect franchise to work with and so far he's sinking it.
½ January 13, 2019
Varied dinos, more fun, more danger, more chaos, more questioning ethics and greed. Humans vs nature vs greed. Rooting for the dinosaurs the whole way. Great job! You made a movie.
January 13, 2019
- So boring! Awful storyline and the main characters were so unlikable.The movie makes some awful decisions that just make the movie even worse.Such a disappointing movie.
January 10, 2019
Fell a bit short of my expectations from the previous Jurassic Park movies, overall still had something new for audiences that were too young when the original Jurassic Park was released to whet their appetite.
½ January 9, 2019
watched it and i have to say good good better then the first jurassic world character charm and stunning visual action makes it worth to watch
January 9, 2019
The 'Jurassic Park' franchise won't quit just like these dinosaurs, and in this latest installment there's hardly anything new to see, but it remains high-action, junk-food consuming fun. Recommend watching it with boxxy software.
January 6, 2019
A breathless action packed sequel that sadly lacks any sense of wonder, charm and the emotion that so characterised the original Jurassic Park movie.

It has it's moments and moves at quite a pace but at the expense of any properly fleshed out characters or character development. The upshot is too many uninteresting moustache twirling villains and little real empathy for those we're meant to care about.

There are a number of nods and call-backs to the original Jurassic Park movie which only really serve to make you wish you were watching that movie instead.

Taken on its own it's certainly entertaining enough and it would be very unfair to call it a bad movie, it's not. However the all-out action direction it has been taken leaves it feeling a little two dimensional - even when viewed in 3D.
½ January 5, 2019
I don't get why so much hate for this film, the dinosaurs look better than ever the action sequences are better than ever before. This is a sequel that lives up to and in some ways tops the original a great and fantastic Dino flick
January 5, 2019
the movie is good and i consider it a solid sequel
January 4, 2019
So much action!! I loved it!!
½ January 4, 2019
Loved the twist but not quite as good as part one!