Just Between Friends - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Just Between Friends Reviews

November 3, 2014
Unusual situation develops when woman unknowingly becomes friends at the gym with the wife of the man who she is having an affair with. Awkward dinner party was interesting but film drags on too long with Danson's death and subsequent baby.
May 17, 2014
Adult-oriented drama has women becoming friends unaware that one is having an affair with the other's husband; made more complicated after his untimely death. This one had no hope for blockbuster appeal and really didn't appeal to me either, despite credible production and cast.
September 2, 2013
Ahh, yes, 1986 - this was the time when people thought casting Ted Danson for something other than a bad TV series was a good idea. He has the screen presence of a fruit basket. It does pick up once Waterston moves into the main picture.
September 10, 2012
Excellent film about friendship.
September 10, 2009
Funny, gut wrenching, honest movie. It shows friendship from all angles, not just the two primary characters. The fake, shallow friends as well as those that are there for life no matter what are all covered.
February 20, 2009
So '80s bad it hurts: VHS vs Betamax, short male shorts, high-waisted mom jeans, hair, leotards, and ted danson.
I kept waiting for MTM and Lahti to become lesbians.
January 8, 2009
Woefully mediocre. The saddest part is that I've seen worse.
½ March 12, 2008
It was not my choice to watch, nor did I sit down or even finish it, but what I can say is this: even thinking about sitting down to view part of this movie, let alone thinking about even renting it, is a waste of mental energy that could be better used on just about anything else you can think of. Christine Lahti does a much better job of giving a restrained performance than Mary Tyler Moore, who knows nothing of the word "subtle" in this movie. Of course, the premise, the dialog and the directing are so bad that there was no way around it for the actors. Everybody involved merely needed to get paid.
February 24, 2008
Very good movie, sad also.
iLeo
December 16, 2007
Interesting! Touching.
½ October 10, 2007
Can't recall what I thought of it...think it was ok.
October 10, 2007
the music is by earl klugh.. wonderful story of friendship! a must see!!
August 28, 2007
Its was on lifetime one day and there was nothing else on
August 21, 2007
i would like to see this one...
June 29, 2007
a guilty pleasure for me...
May 7, 2007
gggggggggggggggggggggggg
April 27, 2007
Mary Tyler Moors is so awesome!
½ April 9, 2007
5.5/10. The interesting story is given an okay treatment. The cast does alright, Mary Tyler Moore's performance just doesn't ring true somehow, but Christine Lahti is very good, as is Jane Greer in a supporting role. The whole movie is just too perfect, it isn't convincing.
March 9, 2007
Wait . . . I put not interested on this? It's MARY TYLER MOORE!
February 20, 2007
What lies between friends are Love,faith,patience and togetherness.The oposite is the worse,so check the result all by your self.