Just Friends - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Just Friends Reviews

November 26, 2016
Reynolds is just not very funny.
November 13, 2016
So funny and such a sweet movie, I loved every second of it.
½ November 10, 2016
The leads are charming, and the film is occasionally funny, but that doesn't save an otherwise run-of-the-mill rom-com from almost certain doom in the pits of general averageness.
½ September 29, 2016
The comedy about a second chance.

I'm reviewing a decade old film. This kind of themes is very much done for the current era, particularly in Hollywood. You can't believe this guy did a film like this back then. I'm obviously talking about Ryan Reynolds. It was just for fun, other than that there's nothing to expect from it. Clearly we know how the story begins and ends, but we're only going to see the middle parts, how they developed it, especially the comedies.

All the actors were decent, particularly Amy Smart was much preferred actress than what she's now. Ryan Reynolds with those dual getups was not bad either and Anna Faris was excellent in the comedy parts. Maybe it is a chick film, or close to that category, but the perspective of the story was from a man.

Being a geek in the high school, how he transformed into a handsome man is the film. When he visits his hometown, all the old memories comes back to the life, particularly after seeing his old close friend who he had a crush on her, but never revealed it. So it is like his second and probably final chance to express his feeling. How it all develops and ends was the remaining story.

Being a comedy, it has not delivered anything big. It might have effected good way, if I had watched when it came out. So not everyone who watches it would end up happily. It is not easy to suggest this film for everybody, but if you're looking for a comedy, some comedy, it will work okay. And again, don't take it seriously, even some of the jokes are too ordinary, but tried its best. An average comedy, but a good time pass film.

5/10
August 15, 2016
"Just Friends" is the romantic goofball comedy that you expect from the previews, synopsis, or even just the DVD cover that features a fat Ryan Reynolds. It exhibits every stereotype imaginable, from a fat nerd becoming attractive and a popular high school jock becoming a loser to the morals of success making people arrogant and that love cannot be bought. You can essentially predict every piece of this puzzle five minutes before it happens; still, sometimes we need a few laughs and a story that doesn't surprise us. I think that most people can relate to this film on some level because we have all been put into the "friend zone" at one time or another. Also, Amy Smart has that girl-next-door look that will remind every guy of a female friend that he had in high school. While the plot doesn't require us to think on a very high level, watching this film begs the question: "Whatever happened to Amy Smart?" She was very popular when this film came out but it wasn't long before she faded away. Personally, I gave up on her after I saw "Crank," but every actor is entitled to a mistake. It is interesting to consider that she was more popular than Ryan Reynolds when this film came out and yet, his longevity has far surpassed hers. My main complaint about this film is the lack of chemistry between the characters. Everybody gets to have their humorous moments, like the hockey scene for Reynolds, the Christmas decoration destruction for Anna Faris, and the poor teenage guitar performance for Chris Klein. All of the situational and slapstick comedy is well done. However, there is never a moment where I really want two characters to get together and I definitely did not shed any tears at the film's obvious conclusion. "Just Friends" is a great put-it-on-in-the-background comedy that resolves all of its situations the way that you want, but it is also the opposite of a tearjerker with plot twists that will keep you guessing.
July 10, 2016
I have a new favorite Christmas movie.
July 10, 2016
August 1st 2009
December 4th 2011
July 9th 2016
June 18, 2016
ryan reynolds was pretty funny in this movie i enjoy it
½ June 14, 2016
This is s dumb movie
June 13, 2016
Great movie, like to watch at Christmas. "Hello Joyce?" CLASSIC!
June 11, 2016
How can anyone not think this movie is a hilarious?!?! "
May 30, 2016
There isn't enough material in the movie to be rooting for the protagonist, and the rocky narrative doesn't have any real payoff. Though, at its core it's still a very charming movie.
½ May 29, 2016
Clichéd, predictable, and not funny.
May 14, 2016
Perpetuates the misogynistic idea of "the friend zone," fat shames, of course the guy gets the girl...but only when he is good looking. Not a whole of good things to say about it. The performances were alright.
½ May 14, 2016
I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to and Just Friends turned out to be a surprisingly satisfying movie. I've never been a fan of chick flicks or romantic comedies and this one follows all of the latter stereotypes, but Just Friends turns out to be a decent, fun feature due to its efforts to never get too "dumb" and still remain funny.
May 13, 2016
it a romantic comedy. I don't why but I love it. So much fun.
May 11, 2016
movie makes me laugh everytime.
May 8, 2016
I like this one; it's a romantic comedy that entertains instead of just rapid-firing as many cheesy one-liners as possible. Farris plays a wonderful psychopath, and Smart is great too. Reynolds, as always, is funny and dry-humored. This movie does what it's intent is-entertain. Enjoy the schtick and laugh.
½ May 7, 2016
HORRIBLE MOVIE!!! never watch this movie. the characters are all terrible and the plot is stupid. i couldnt even finish it it was so bad
May 6, 2016
Ridiculous, and an early platform for Ryan Reynolds to demonstrate the same character he's played for all these years.