Just like Dad - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Just like Dad Reviews

August 16, 2014
(First viewing - Late childhood)
½ March 15, 2010
It was the weekend and I was disscussing a couple of films. I suddenly remembered this piece of junk. I curse Disney for that one and a couple of others.
½ May 7, 2009
It's a very good movie I think.
November 21, 2008
This used to show on the Disney channel from time to time, although I don't think it was a Disney channel original movie. It was pretty sweet though!
June 23, 2008
Charlie Speigel is in trouble with his dad...and the mob!

This movie has the best pre-pubesent nerds I've seen in a long time. And, guys, if you didn't know, you can have all the social riches if you simply have a dad that can kick some booty in a potatoe sack race.

The PSA announcement this gem has to share is: wear contacts, stick up for yourself, ask the girl out, be honest, learn computer skills, don't walk out on your kids, and, if you do, go and find them, relationships are only based on chemistry, don't join the mob, and the bullies re probably being bullied themselves so you should pick back on them....

In the middle of this kiddo romp is a strangely poetic scene between Wallace Shawn and a waitress where she tells him that he shouldn't hide his eyes behind glasses because they are soft and warm like an August afternoon... wow
½ February 1, 2008
been done about 5 times
November 25, 2007
"This ones hard to describe"
½ June 22, 2007
A family movie, with some absolutely charming moments when Jarrett Lennon, the best friend, warmly teaches his pal how to survive, despite their obvious nerdy-ness. Jarrett's one of those secret young actors who plays it for real, which is a pleasure to watch. Also really terrific performances are those of Laura Innes and Wallace Shawn, as well as Nick Cassavetes (now a director).