Just One of the Girls (Anything for Love) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Just One of the Girls (Anything for Love) Reviews

½ November 14, 2013
just watched this movie today on youtube and it was good. a cute teen comedy and corey haim was the best part of the movie. glad i checked it out
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
August 29, 2011
I love this movie! Okay, technically it is not fantastic, and even I have to admit Corey makes a particularly unattractive and unconvincing female, but it is such good fun and I never tire watching it.
Just one of those feel good movies that you can watch over and over and not think too hard, have a laugh, and Corey is always watchable... real waste to think he is not with us anymore.
Story is that Chris, (Corey Haim), dresses as a girl to avoid the school bully and, as it's his first day in school, he is spotted by his teacher in drag and has to attend school like that all the time. To complicate matters further, he falls in love with Marie ,(Nicole Eggert), befriends her (as a girl), and then the bully turns out to be Marie's brother. Cue all types of funny situations and misunderstandings.
Whole cast is good here. None of them are winning awards, but it works in a fun light movie like this. The girl who plays Julie, Chris's sister, is also quite amusing.
December 25, 2010
Just One of Those Movies that show how cute Corey Haim looks as a girl.
November 12, 2010
Great movie i liked how Corey Haim played the part as a girl ad became real good friends with Marie Nicole Eggert there such a great couple in the movie and as him as a girl it shows his femine side
½ August 15, 2010
Back during the days when Corey Haim was in a real-life relationship with Eggert, which in itself allowed Corey to continue his post 1980s success for a little while longer. This film ended that run as Eggert went on to Baywatch (which wasn't much better) and Haim went on to obscurity. Cheesy and about as engaging a trip to the supermarket. Does offer cheerleaders so it's not a total waste, but it's close.
July 7, 2010
In Australia this movie is called "Anything for Love" and I think it's more accurate to what the movie is about.
Yes, it's an 80's tennage film and does date but who doesn't love Corey Haim in a dress, really?
You know the story, boy likes girl, girl doesn't know bnoy exists, boy dresses up like a new female student to get close to girl - that old chestnut. But it's a really charming movie and Haim brings a lot of personality and likability to this movie.
½ March 14, 2010
To escape a bully corey haim dresses up as a woman!! lol early 90's cheese from haim. couple of funny moments but its way to corny for its own good.
March 9, 2010
Excellent. During my time.
February 19, 2010
Who comes up with this crap... Corey obviously looks like a dude... you can't get enough make-up on him to even come close to passing as a chic! Just One of the Guys was an alright movie, but it WAS an 80's flick and it had a quick flash of boobs... Haim + Coke divided by typecasting minus good scripts = More cocaine for Corey; bad movies for us that may lead to a drug habit in the long run; and then, Corey Haim quickly disappears... and Corey Feldman is around to tell the tale.
November 24, 2009
this sounds awful, but it's corey haim!
November 19, 2009
i saw this when I was a kid one night on some cable network. I remember it was awful
½ September 6, 2009
Ive been looking for this film for so long now..:( seems so hard to get hold of it in the UK. Its well worth a watch, Corey plays his part as a woman really well and the story is fab. Shame not to see his side kick corey feldman but still I love this film and hope someday to see it again!
October 9, 2008
It's just really spiffy
September 4, 2008
funny movie i love these kind of movies
August 15, 2008
pure Corey Haim cheese - it won't change the world but it is a fun watch.
Some parts could have been done better and been less corny, but on the whole it is a good easy watch.
½ July 30, 2008
very good and funny movie plus it has alanis morrisette in it
July 28, 2008
This one had a ton of great laughs.
July 18, 2008
This is a good movie if you like these, gender switching plots. In my opinion this movie was good. I think Haim did this before Chad Lowe, before Jonathan Brandis, and certainly before Amanda Bynes.