Just One of the Guys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Just One of the Guys Reviews

February 2, 2016
Really good work. I did not expect her to show her boobs.
October 11, 2015
A surprisingly great teen comedy from the 80's that, because it uses Shakespeare has some interesting stuff going on behind the high school facade. Sure it's somewhat formulaic, but the gender swapped stuff ads a depth not usually seen.
August 31, 2014
Terribly acted comedy about gender inequality and how it is just easier in the world if you're a guy. Hyser, scarily, makes a decent dude - kind of looks like Jake T. Austin of Wizards of Waverly Place on Disney Channel. The story is hokey and not believable in the least. I've seen many better movies on this subject.
½ August 7, 2014
Like most films from the era, the movie played the high school stereotypes cranked to 11. I can't say there was a lot wrong with the film, in fact the gender-bend stories are always amusing to me. But I feel I've seen better renditions of this story.
July 14, 2014
Saw the end, don't need to see the whole thing.
½ July 11, 2014
Typical 80's film, that being the reason I liked it! The girl was ridiculously hot and I like these types of movie where a guy plays a girl, girl plays a guy type thing, they always seem to come up with some pretty funny stuff.
June 25, 2014
It's dumb, but it's so enjoyable anyway. If you're looking for something that epitomizes the 80s, this is probably one of the best movies you could watch. Joyce Hyser is gorgeous, and it's laughable how anyone could possibly be fooled by her. When she started acting and dressing like a guy, the first thing that came to my mind was how much she was reminding me of Ralph Macchio. Not just because of how she looked, but the way she talked and acted was very Karate Kid-esque. So I was pleasantly surprised and bursted into laughter when one of the girls ends up having a crush on her and says that she reminds her of Ralph Macchio.

This is about as cliched as it gets. There's the underdog who goes to the new school, the nerdy guy who the girl realizes she wanted all along, the college boyfriend who is a jerk (and college aged, really means late 20s/early 30s businessman). I know I'm rating this higher than it deserves because of the gaping plot holes, bad acting, and unoriginal script, but it's just a lot of fun to watch. It probably helps that Joyce Hyser has an amazing body and gives one of the most memorable flashing scenes in movie history.
½ June 2, 2014
Still hold up even know . Girls can be as gross and as horrible as man.
May 27, 2014
The characters are one-dimensional and the story is full of high school movie clichés but there are a few genuine laughs throughout and I enjoyed this more than I expected to.
April 1, 2014
Hillarious flick..cLassic 80's
½ January 15, 2014
In MY opinion, its the MOST under-rated high school movie of ALL-TIME. I fell in love with it the 1ST time I saw it. Its incredibly funny (Billy Jacoby steals nearly EVERY scene) & its touching. Has an amazing soundtrack & feel to it too :)
½ November 27, 2013
loved this and have been searchg for
April 14, 2013
awsome female perspective on a guys world
½ April 2, 2013
Tuesday, April 2, 2013

(1985) Just One Of The Guys

Straight "A" college girl gets a 'good' rating for a contest paper which can get her into get her into the field of journalism work, and as a result of the best scores going to the male students, she takes the liberty of becoming a guy and then going back to junior high school again to prove to her teacher what a great journalist she is.

Most unlikely scenarios which many things can happen but is restricted to specific situations to convenient the main actress.

2 out of 4
March 24, 2013
James bought it for me..Jana and I love it
½ March 20, 2013
Great 1980s High School Flick
March 1, 2013
Teenage guilty pleasure and she was HOT!
February 24, 2013
I loved this movie. I don't remember why, but I did.

I didn't have very good taste as a child.
½ January 22, 2013
When we think 80s teen comedies we think of the same 20 films. It's nice to see forgotten films like this. It contains EVERY 80s teen cliche, but because I haven't seen it 1000 times, it actually feels fresh. And hey, nudity in a PG-13 teen film?? That's unheard of today. The film's a teen adaptation of Shakespeare (OMG! Before She's All That!?!?!?), but it's pretty competent. Plus, Sherilyn Fenn pre-Twin Peaks. Nice. Sometimes looking back supplies us what we miss from yester-year.