Just One of the Guys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Just One of the Guys Reviews

December 17, 2012
One of the better of the 80's teen flicks. A girl poses as boy to get her story published for the school newspaper and complications ensue. Very, very funny. Holds up pretty good today. The brother, Buddy is hilarious.

Terry: "You know, sometimes I just wish I was a guy." Buddy: "No you don't! The male body needs sex at all times! It's a living hell!"
½ October 27, 2012
A girl goes to a new school as a guy (leading to predictable situations) to prove she can win a writing contest as a guy. Joyce Hyser is very likable in the lead role. Pretty good 80's teen comedy but not quite as good as I remembered it.
September 22, 2012
How can i get more movies to owned.I like this movie because it is so funny.
September 17, 2012
I love eighties movies!!!
September 10, 2012
Very very funny ! One way to see what a man's world is like (as a female) !!
½ September 5, 2012
The movie wasn't too bad, but I don't think it is anything to rave about. The acting was pretty good for the most part, and the movie managed to have a teeny and fun tone. The side characters were pretty bad and unfunny. The script wasn't smooth or balanced and the movie didn't get its point across well.
½ September 3, 2012
A great teen movie that breaks down barriers for women everywhere.
September 2, 2012
could have been better
August 5, 2012
The classic gender bending 80's movie
July 23, 2012
A really funny movie. Could not stop laughing!
July 19, 2012
My favorite movie of all time, I love it so much i could cry
May 20, 2012
Sorry this movie is just one of my guilty pleasures. THere really isn't a true reason why this film gets 5 stars other than it speaks to me ever since I was 7!
May 12, 2012
A decent and entertaining movie, especially for those who grew up in the 80s and/or are fans of 80s movies. If you liked similar movies- Sixteen Candles, et al.,- then you'll like this one as well. It won't blow you away, but it will entertain you. The little brother Buddy steals the show..
April 24, 2012
When I first saw this movie, I was 16 and wanted to fit in soo bad, so I could feel like her
½ April 14, 2012
"Eh yo scumbag. Suck yer own. Eat me. Same to you buttface... Mom says hi!"
April 14, 2012
Cool classic comedy from the 80s.
March 24, 2012
Bad acting, cool 80s music and clothes, okay story.
March 9, 2012
Very entertaining 80s teen comedy that picks sexism as its target. You even get William Zabka in a typical William Zabka bully role along the way.
March 2, 2012
3/2/2012. Pretty good 80's movie.
½ January 26, 2012
Loved it since I was a teenager. Hillarious, quirky and a feel good film with a twist. Excellent ensemble.