Just the Ticket - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Just the Ticket Reviews

October 12, 2015
Like Andy and Andie is mmm , lovely movie with fine humor , not a surprising ending but beautifull , yes . SOMDVD
March 28, 2013
it was good to see Andy Garcia's young looking. do you think love can change people? could be a lot could be little for sure. but it is very hard to change people's personalities.
½ April 26, 2012
Although filled with recognizable names and faces, and a unique premise (ticket scalper makes good ... you don't see that every day), this one is simply death by formula: you see everything coming from a mile away. And so its no great shakes when it finally arrives. Wait until you've nothing better to do.
August 31, 2009
Another surprising film I've seen lately. You've probably never heard of this one: A ticket scalper (Andy Garcia) going nowhere in life figures he can turn his life around and win back his girlfriend by nabbing tickets to the Pope's address at Yankee Stadium. Yeah, I know. Still, give this one a chance, and you won't regret it. There's a freshness that is usually completely absent in most romantic comedies, ruined in part by an unbelievably bland MacDowell. Kudos to Garcia, though - you can't help but empathize and symapthize with his character. I mean, everybody wants proof that they exist. :)
½ December 16, 2008
Great movie of struggle and love. a story of friends, that become family. A film of "epic, propartions that run deep". Forgiveness and frustration. Excellent film for anyone, especially couples. Andy annnd Andie!! r Awsome!!
½ November 17, 2008
It was ok but I like the song that played toward end of the movie.
½ March 23, 2008
A romantic film with excellent acting.
½ January 19, 2008
As much as I like Andie McDowell I could only watch 30 minutes.
I think that was a wise decision.
January 1, 2008
November 7, 2007
I just didn't like this film. Part of the problem is I am not at all an Andy Farcia fan, he's doing his wannabe Al Pacino bit as usual. His character in the film is unappealing. It was slow moving and hard to sit through.
July 7, 2007
Andy and Andie! What great chemistry!
½ June 21, 2007
This film may have some mixed reviews, but I feel that it is a very enjoyable "sleeper" film. The premise of the film is that Gary Starke (Andy Garcia) is a ticket scalper in New York City in a relationship with Linda Palinski (Andie MacDowell). I'm going to purposefully not say much more about the plot, rather just a few observations. If you feel compelled even remotely, you should definitely see the film yourself. The film seems to have developed a fairly enthusiastic following. On some level it's a somewhat nostalgic, feel good movie using its New York City setting to good effect and a film which seems to be conscious of other films set in New York City. Other people have noted this but when you see Andy Garcia's character Gary Starke, Al Pacino may cross your mind. The film brought to mind Game 6, another film involving New York City and baseball, though that film came out in 2005, much after the release date of 1999 for Wenk's film. I consider Just the Ticket to be pretty unique, especially as far as romantic comedies go. That said, it does sort of tap into a certain vibe in movies involving big cities like New York, baseball, and tried and true themes like romance and church, while maintaining a likable charm amidst the ups and downs of the plot arc. I'm normally not a big fan of romantic comedy type films at all, but I recommend that people see this movie. It's good and you'll probably be glad you did. Check out the user comments also on IMDb to get a sense of the praise this film has received from viewers.
June 21, 2007
This guy seemed to have a hard time being a part of society. Toward the end he was finally able to exist!
½ June 19, 2007
In an instance of complete boredom, I actually watched this entire movie (it was on TV). The story was unfocused, the characters were underdeveloped, and the acting was bad.
A cheesy, unredeemable B film.
Really not worth your time.
½ April 8, 2007
love Andy Garcia, the guy has a good heart, yet very misunderstood.
April 4, 2007
My sister got this movie, is was ok...
December 20, 2006
Andie is hot, but this pretty standard claptrap
December 10, 2006