Just Visiting - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Just Visiting Reviews

½ June 21, 2011
Original was better.
½ August 8, 2009
I loved this movie. Totally hilarious. Loved how the characters react to 21st century life style and brought with them their hilarious habits and way of life from the past. This movie is a must see!! We rented it and watched it five times in five days. Highly recommended for a great laugh! Andre is very funny and it is great to see him realize that he can be a free man and finally stand up for himself. It helps us realize how inhumane the treatment of "slaves" were in ancient history. Helps us realize how much we take for granted in the 21st century too. This movie is like a mix between Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail and Napoleon Dynamite, at least that is what type of satirical humor it reminds me of and I think both of those movies are absolutely hilarious as well, the kind that you like to watch again and again and find yourself quoting over and over and laughing. It was a great movie!!
November 7, 2006
Odd, and funny. It was okay to watch.
½ May 14, 2010
This movie is hilarious. I haven't seen the original movie but I really liked this one, mostly because of Jean Reno and Christina Applegate. The storyline is great and many scenes are absolutely hilarious. I can imagine why people dislike this movie because it is not supposed to be taken quite seriously, it is indeed very silly. I will always love movies about time travel.
April 4, 2008
This is a cute movie, I like it. I think it has funny parts but it is also gross at parts. Overall, it's a funny movie.
½ July 12, 2007
Here's the strange part: I know I have seen seen this but, God help me, I can't remember a word of it.
October 25, 2007
I agree this movie is way beyond believable but it is funny, cute and pokes fun at relationships and how hard it is to find our soulmate..
August 15, 2007
"Just Visiting" is medieval fun in the 21st century! I saw this movie a couple of times and knew what this was all about: a knight and his servant time travel forwards from medieval-era France to 21st century America when they drink a magic potion. This results in a clash of two different time periods when the knight and servant face unfamiliarities such as modern appliances. The wizard then joins in, and helps the two return to their time of origin. I give four stars to this movie featuring the clash of time periods!
May 30, 2007
Absolutely hilarious! The first 15 minutes might be a little tough for some, but it's worth getting through.
April 9, 2007
I love this! I laughed often and hard! It inspired me to see the original....with French subtitles! It was great but I like this version better!
April 28, 2006
one of my fav. it makes me lauph so flippin hard i almost pee my pants!o and way fun to quote too!
May 16, 2014
A delightful movie showing the versatile talents of Jean Reno, Christiana Applegate and Malcolm McDowell. Many critics did not give it the ratings it deserved, as it was quite enjoyable. I still watch it when I want something light hearted.
January 3, 2014
fun for a weekend night.
July 3, 2013
No Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but a pleasant enough movie to watch once.
½ October 24, 2012
"Just Visiting" has it's share of laughs but there aren't enough of them and the thin characters turn this into a forgettable comedy. The changes made to turn this from a French comedy into an American one are obvious even if you have not seen the original film and are distracting. The basic set up is that we get a 12th century medieval noble and his buffoonish servant sent forward in time where they meet the nobleman's descendants and hilarity ensues due to the "fish out of water" scenarios that are inevitable. There are parts in the movie that are just weird and they'll puzzle you until you realize that they are inserted so the American setting can make sense. For example, the two protagonists live in France in their native time, but are transported to America in the present... because a portion of their castle has been moved to a museum in the U.S.? The movie doesn't feel like it uses this premise to its full potential; we don't get any clever comparisons between Chicago city dwellers and medieval French peasants or any new, memorable characters. It feels like these 12th century travellers are just confronting generic 21st century people. The character "Hunter" is a paper-thin villain and from the beginning the movie makes it blatantly obvious that he is a weasel that we are supposed to dislike and that is going to get his come-uppance eventually instead of trying to build a real antagonist for our travellers. The film just feels like it's playing it too safe, as if a more daring comedy is just underneath the surface but the director and writers didn't think the film needed more than the obvious time travel jokes and bare minimum when it came to the characters. The film will get some decent laughs out, particularly courtesy of Jean Reno and Christian Clavier who are both good but even if you haven't seen the original you'll realize that this isn't anything special. (Dvd, October22, 2012)
½ December 8, 2012
This remake was very well done, though some see it as a cheap rip off.
April 29, 2012
awesome comedy, you can watch it time after time, ignore critics comments,pretty sure half of them didn't even watch it.
April 7, 2012
You can't deny this movie has charme. And for a Tinseltown remake of it's French original it's a surprisingly good laugh. The cast is well chosen, with a young, fresh-faced Tara Reid, before she became a farce of herself.
½ June 21, 2011
Original was better.
June 19, 2011
Funny and action packed impressive assemble cast