Just Visiting Reviews

• Jan 24, 2018

I love this film. It's really funny and very cleverly made. You really get to see the confusion of two people who have come from the past and are suddenly exposed to all the modern gadgets and gizmos and ways of our age. And I love Christina Applegate

• Jul 04, 2016

A wrong timeline, but a hilarious adventure! I remember seeing the French version of this film on the television when I was a kid, but don't recall much other than two men from the medieval in the streets of the modern world. Somehow I found this, and after some research I chose this version to watch which I thought easy to understand, as well as for the reason some updates were made in this. Well, I know nothing can beat the original, but for those haven't seen the original, this is not a bad one. Quite an enjoyable film with a simple theme and a simple adventure. Seems a very familiar concept, but surely a unique product. Jean Reno was brilliant and so his sidekick and other supporting characters. Top notch jokes, felt like I had some loud laughs after a long time. Of course, there are some flaws, but minors, like relocating from Europe to the US since it is a Hollywood production. It is a time travel theme in fantasy. There's no time machine, instead a wizard behind the adventure through the time. A perfect family film. It's not about prediction, since watching the first scene you would know what follows it and how it all ends. So you're relieved from guessing stuff and can sit back relaxedly and enjoy it as much you can. It is your average film, but if you're seeking a good comedy, then it is surely above that. There are thousands of masterpiece comedies, this is not one of them, though must see from this genre. 7/10

• Dec 12, 2015

Two invalids from the past come to the present and meet the nobles descendant. Typical misunderstand of modern technology. Been done before.

• Jan 29, 2015

Just visiting is trying to reproduce the successful formulas of: The Visitors, a French classic comedy from the early 90's but fail completely to be interesting or funny because transposed to the United States, the story doesn't have the same impact at all. Sometimes a story is too much anchored into it's culture and transposing it into a different one kills the effects, the jokes and the fun. Here it's exactly what happened and I'm sorry to say the film is a complete waste of time. Un-funny, boring and above all terribly ludicrous, this new version is terrible and fail in every ways while the original was succeeding effortlessly.

• May 16, 2014

A delightful movie showing the versatile talents of Jean Reno, Christiana Applegate and Malcolm McDowell. Many critics did not give it the ratings it deserved, as it was quite enjoyable. I still watch it when I want something light hearted.

• Jan 03, 2014

fun for a weekend night.

fun for a weekend night.

• Sep 25, 2013

This is a very entertaining family movie , original is better , but this still keeps u entertained through out

• Aug 04, 2013

I want that film for my birthday on VHS. :)

I want that film for my birthday on VHS. :)

• Jul 03, 2013

No Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but a pleasant enough movie to watch once.

No Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but a pleasant enough movie to watch once.

• Mar 07, 2013

Pretty dumb, but I suppose there are worse ways to spend a snowy afternoon. Has external shots of the Field Museum!