Justice League: Gods and Monsters Reviews

• Oct 24, 2019

It's always a treat to seem new Bruce Tim projects.

It's always a treat to seem new Bruce Tim projects.

• Jan 19, 2019

Gods and monsters is just an average animated movie. The animation feels like straight out of Sunday morning cartoons and it starts off pretty slow. It gets better as it progresses and the voice acting is good but the tone and story are not very memorable.

• Sep 10, 2018

Lame dc animated movie.

Lame dc animated movie.

• Aug 28, 2018

An elseworlds story and a fresh retake on classic characters.

An elseworlds story and a fresh retake on classic characters.

• Jun 27, 2018

Come on where is Batman and Flash it’s not as good as the other ones

Come on where is Batman and Flash it’s not as good as the other ones

• Jun 19, 2018

When the short clips started to be released from the upcoming Justice League: Gods and Monsters characters, I was intrigued. I loved seeing the return of Bruce Timm's animation, but I have never been a big fan of alternative universe stories, even when it includes beloved characters. I began watching the full-length film with moderate expectations that were quickly exceeded. Bruce's animation is simply stunning. If I were DC/WB, I'd never use anyone else unless I absolutely had to. Ever since Batman: The Animated Series, no one has portrayed DC characters better. Visually, it's obvious, but the teams he puts together to tell these film-quality stories never ceases to impress. Benjamin Bratt as this world's Superman is exquisite. As the son of Zod, not Jor-El, he has a darkness to him never seen, with a unique backstory to match, which didn't include Lois Lane featuring an adorable pixie cut, voiced by Paget Brewster. Wonder Woman isn't from Paradise Island, but New Genesis as a member of Kirby's New Gods, which has never been done well by anyone but Timm. Bruce captures Kirby's block/angular drawing style perfectly, even in the costumes. It's as though Jack himself is drawing the scenes on Apok0lips. The last member of the Trinity, Batman, voiced by Dexter's Michael C. Hall, is an actual vampire, transformed by Will Magnus, voiced by C. Thomas Howell. Without spoiling the plot, the story brilliantly unravels like a mystery with Sentinel-like creatures, seemingly copied from X-Men, framing the Justice League for brutal crimes they didn't commit. The violence is pretty harsh, but it works, with battles culminating in a surprising revelation. The casting, for the most part, was superb, though I didn't quite enjoy Michael C. Hall's Batman. There seemed to be too much Dexter melancholy in him. Overall, though, the emotions work, the story flows well and, along with Bruce's flawless animation, was finally a DC/WB animated movie worth watching in years.

• May 18, 2018

Step up from the last..refreshing flick.

Step up from the last..refreshing flick.

• Mar 22, 2018

An alternate time line plot that will be intriguing for any JL fans.

An alternate time line plot that will be intriguing for any JL fans.

• Mar 06, 2018

a mature and unpredictable spin that respects its audience.

a mature and unpredictable spin that respects its audience.

• Mar 04, 2018