Justice, My Foot! Reviews

• Jun 21, 2017

Johnnie To dirige Stephen Chow dans Justice, My Foot!, une grosse comédie d'époque où Chow joue un avocat surdoué mais sans scrupules, se retrouvant face à des magistrats encore pires que lui et forcé par sa femme, combattante remarquable, de prendre part à un procès perdu d'avance. Nous sommes dans le territoire de Stephen Chow, le film est donc rempli de gags qui ne font aucun sens et qui peuvent être perçus comme répétitifs et puérils s'ils n'étaient pas aussi drôles. Anita Mui est absolument parfaite, volant la vedette plus d'une fois, tandis qu'on retrouve les habitués de Stephen Chow, Man Tat Ng et Wong Yat Fei dans de solides seconds rôles. Justice, My Foot est peut-être 10 minutes trop long, même à 1h40 seulement, mais elle demeure une comédie particulièrement efficace.

• Sep 01, 2015

Funny worthwhile film although the humour can be childish

Funny worthwhile film although the humour can be childish

• Oct 09, 2014

An early Stephen Chow movie with an interesting plot that's nearly impossible to follow, but it hardly matters. Quick editing, fun stunts, and lots of laughs make this a solid kung-fu comedy (just don't expect Kung-Fu Hustle).

• May 18, 2010

Classic! Simply the best!

Classic! Simply the best!

• Mar 08, 2010

The best Stephen Chow film and the most organic one, without CGI.

The best Stephen Chow film and the most organic one, without CGI.

• Feb 08, 2010

Johnnie To's assured direction and some strong characters adds a few dimensions to the usual slapstick-humour of Stephen Chow. But since there's also plenty of gay-jokes, general farting and Ng Man Tat going on, Justice My Foot! is still very much vintage-Chow. Anita Mui manages to steal some of Chow's thunder, though, and Peter Pau's cinematography is top notch of course.

• Jan 16, 2009

the film I love the most of all Stephen Chow's movies. fluent story telling without exaggerated or nonsense jokes. The plot is witty and wise. humorous but also mock the political government officials. THE CLASSIC, if you like Stephen Chow, this is the MUST SEE ONE.

• Dec 19, 2008

"呢個女人既老公 係比呢個女人個老公個大佬個老婆毒死 而呢個女人個老公.......()#&@$^@$&*"

"呢個女人既老公 係比呢個女人個老公個大佬個老婆毒死 而呢個女人個老公.......()#&@$^@$&*"

• Dec 05, 2008

Good but not brilliant. Credits to Anita Mui too, she is really funny. For this type of comedy, the run time is abit too long though. Lost steam for quite awhile. But Stephen Chow as a counsel is smart and resourceful. Ng Man-Tat this time round is a bad guy. In the end Stephen bring justice, all the big shot have to obey him and he have many childrens.

• Aug 02, 2008

One Of Stephen Chow's Best Movies So Far.. It's HILARIOUS yet meaningful! I Have Forgotten How Many Times I Have Watched It But It NEVER Failed To Make Me Laugh.