Juwanna Mann - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Juwanna Mann Reviews

August 10, 2015
A man dressed as a woman is usually funny. This is no Tootsie or Mrs. Doubtfire, but there is still good fun here. An egotistical NBA player finds himself banned from basketball. Rather than learning his lesson, he disguises himself as a female pro basketball player. Nothing is remotely believable and it often takes things a step too far, but it is consistent in its approach and shakes out pleasant simple laughs along the way. Miguel A Nunez Jr is animated and colorful in the lead role. Except for his manager, played by Kevin Pollock, the rest of the cast is rather flat. While that is not a good thing, a movie like this can survive acting deficiencies as long as it has a main character to lead the way. It will not stick with you for a long time, but it is worth watching if you enjoy a goofy sports comedy.
May 4, 2015
This is a great movie. Tommy Davidson (Puff Smokey Smoke) is hilarious. "JuWANNA!!!" "Watch the wings" I really like this movie.
September 2, 2014
found this an enjoyable escape almost slapstick stylee movie. less budget and more enjoyable than over budget mis-hits from the world of Holly woo!!
½ August 16, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
July 28, 2014
Save a few jokes, this is a pretty weak film. But I' didn't have much from beginning.
July 15, 2014
I like this movie. It makes me laugh despite the bizarre plot. Even though the plot is bizarre (and predictable), I think it is a good story. This isn't my most favorite movie, but it definitely isn't my least favorite.
July 1, 2014
All I can say is I liked Tommy Davidson in this.
½ June 19, 2014
This movie is horrible. When it tries to be funny, it's not. When it tries to be serious, it is funny. everything goes wrong with this movie, especially since we've seen this premise many times before.
May 3, 2014
All time classic movie
½ April 14, 2014
Bring me young boys and tuna...
½ March 30, 2014
One hundred percent of unfunny is what this movie is.
March 23, 2014
One of my favorite movies
½ March 17, 2014
This could be one of the worst and most stupid movies I've ever seen. It is so stupid, cliché and badly written that it's nearly impossible to sit through. Plus it has Lil Kim PLAYING A MODEL!! That's enough even for me. I mean I can sit through a bad movie if it has something (anything!) in it. I even survived "The Island of The Dead" (which was so bad that it was actually funny at times). But this is just bad and it isn't funny though it's a comedy! That should be punishable "The horror, the horror..."PS. I can't understand what Vivica Fox is doing here? She seems to be taking every role they give her.
December 9, 2013
This movie was funny!!!
July 10, 2013
its one of those movies i like to watch over and over again, all the while realizing that its brutal! however, Miguel is hilarious.
½ June 10, 2013
not honest enough to work.
½ January 22, 2013
This movie had it all going for it, actually, including Puff Smokey Smoke. But it just fell apart at the end and became a cliche film that didn't have much in the way of laughs. Worth one - count it ONE - viewing.
½ December 31, 2012
"Juwanna Mann" does its best, but the premise has been done to death and that makes the movie predictable. From the beginning of the movie you'll be able to pretty accurately predict what's going to happen and most of the jokes. There's going to be a shower scene where *gasp* "Jamal" will hardly be able to keep his composure when the female players get naked, he'll develop feelings for his rival team member but because of the deception he won't be able to tell her anything and when he inevitably does, there's going to be a big dramatic falling out, he'll be uncomfortable getting hit on by sleazy men and maybe, just maybe he'll learn the true spirit of playing basketball by getting in touch with his feminine side. Sure, there are some laughs here and there but the characters are flat (there is one character that turns out to be an adulterer, but not only does the film give them no character development so we don't really care, but this revelation comes out of nowhere just to solve a lame romantic subplot), the jokes are juvenile (flying fake boobs being a prime example) and it's not even so bad that it becomes fun to tear apart. If the film had gone crazier or just had the guts to try something way out there or be more non-sensical it could have been a stand out in the genre but it's just another mediocre entry that has its moments and a couple of laughs. It's just a mediocre cross dressing movie with a few moments but nothing new to offer and that doesn't really make it worth your time. (VHS, December 28, 2012)
½ December 8, 2012
funny no kids to watch
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.