Kanal (Canal) (They Loved Life) Reviews
" My Piano is out of tone "
* Real caracter psychology reactions
* The Lieutenant killed the civiian soldjer (might Wajda want to say that main characters even got a bad motivation - even he didn't care for the recieptor point of view when he shows empathy )
* The War Triology goes up and up.
* He showes another side of love, another interests, another meaning.
* The senes of war and bombed area and soldjer positions were so REAL.
** Wajda capture the weekness and victories, not only the vectorie. i loved when they get out of the sewer and arrested directly by the germans.
Kanal is a good film that shows us a Warsaw in ruins, germans everywhere, so there's no wonder that many of the resistance people surrendered. While the others was still willing to fight. There's a lot of great characters in this film, the young couple in love, the civilian musician who's have joined the resistance as the only way to survive, and many more. And the cinematography is great, specially the opening scene where we in one single shot we follow the soldiers walks in the trenches to avoid getting hit by the germans. A lot of great things about this movie. Thumbs up.