Kang Chul-Jung: Gonggongui Jeog 1-1 (Public Enemy Returns) (Public Enemy 3) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kang Chul-Jung: Gonggongui Jeog 1-1 (Public Enemy Returns) (Public Enemy 3) Reviews

February 17, 2011
Sol Kyang Gu takes a beating, fun to watch
November 7, 2009
After a more conservative and moral approach to criticizing some of Korea's societal problems in the 2nd film (1st sequel), this 3rd instalment in the "Kang Chul-Jung" trilogy returns to its original roots, back to all the politically incorrect language, jokes and above all the hardcore violence as none of the bad guys are shown an ounce of mercy. Its hard to say there is anything original about this film but Kyung-gu Sol has made the protagonist character his own, the role of "public prosecutor" didn't quite work in the 2nd film but aided with another sharp witty script here (including the banter with his boss), this can be viewed as almost on parity with the original. Also another cameo for some of the cast of the original, one of the funniest scenes once again comes in the morgue. If you liked the first then this is a must.
June 8, 2009
After the 2nd movie, this was sort of a prequel to it... going back to the poor miserable and angry cop role. The formula is the same, a contrast of good and bad characters, eventually clashing with each other. Simple but works for this series' success so far.
ualush
½ March 6, 2009
After watching the second one in the series awhile back and not really enjoying it, I didn't expect anything from this one. I just wanted to finish what I hope will stay just a trilogy. But I have to admit that I enjoyed this one, didn't try to be over the top and seemed to be a simple as the first, which works very well for these series. If you like the first Public Enemy, I recommend this one.
½ December 30, 2008
i was confused about the amount of comedy in this film, given the serious subject matter. good acting by kyung-gu sol though.
December 13, 2008
ehh. . . . no thanks
½ November 27, 2008
inspired even PE1 & PE2 more inspiring. love it.
½ November 22, 2008
Lacks some good old action, relays on to much dialogs and the script is horrible, acting is solid tough
Too bad the script and action are missing like it should be on the first one.
October 29, 2008
Rounding out the Public Enemy trilogy, the third is a return to the series' roots and our favorite angry cop Kang Chul-Jung! Back to his role as a detective (and not a prosecutor as in PE2), we find Kang at the end of his ropes after a life of police work has led to him still being poor and the bad guys still rich. However, once again Kang gets fired up as new villain Jung Jae Young enters the picture. Jung's character carries on the series' theme of a man of power and influence committing crimes in the face of the police, while Kang must bring him down knowing that they are taking place. It was nice to see these themes carried on again in PE3 as well as a return to the action and brutality of PE1. While unfortunately not as strong as PE1 (and maybe just because this is the third film), I did enjoy this more than PE2 and it was a decent enough watch for some action and story.
October 12, 2008
Earthy and funny gangster flick.
October 11, 2008
I haven't seen a lot of Korean movies, but this movie is bad ass. It's like dirty hairy on steroids with a good villain.