The Karate Kid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Karate Kid Reviews

March 31, 2015
Who doesn't love The Karate Kid, one of the most iconic sports films of all time? I know I do. For a pretty standard story, this film was well done. It has it's hoaky moments, but it's so enjoyable. I love the acting, the music, the writing, the characters, and the good life lessons it teaches. Daniel is a very likeable character. He's tough, but sensitive. He's determined, charmingly cocky, and just a nice kid. I felt so bad for him. I really wanted him to succeed. Mr. Miyagi is also a good character. He's confident and wise, and a good karate teacher. The relationship between these two is very warm and strong. Ali is likeable and she and Daniel make a pretty cute couple. The bully Johnny is a fun antagonist. The other villain, the teacher of Johnny's dojo John Kreese, is an enjoyable nut, even though I never got what is problem was. What else is there more to say? It's just a good film and it still holds up today. Predictable and standard, but very charming and passionate, The Karate Kid is and always will be a classic.
March 20, 2016
Un clasico del cine . sin duda
½ September 8, 2014
90%
Filled with classic quotes and performances, The Karate Kid is a story we've all seen before, but the delivery is still as new and interesting today as it was back then.

V: 72%
February 2, 2016
Great from beginning to end.
January 26, 2016
A classical classic.One of my favorite films of all time.
November 9, 2015
ÃÃ,¢?Ã,Ã,¦Ã¢Ã,¦l?
December 7, 2015
A great 80's flick propped up by the great chemistry of Macchio and Morita.
½ August 27, 2015
A much more clichéd and predictable film than its cousin, "Rocky", "The Karate Kid" is nevertheless a film with a lot of heart and even better character development than "Rocky".
September 3, 2015
Os amigos vêm de mundos diferentes, Daniel Larusso (Ralph Macchio) e sua mãe (Randee Heller) recentemente se mudaram de Nova Jersey para o sul da Califórnia. Porém, Daniel não consegue se ambientar em sua nova cidade, até que conhece Ali Mills (Elisabeth Shue), uma garota pela qual se apaixona, porém, a situação de Daniel se complica quando o ex-namorado de Ali, Johnny Lawrence (William Zabka), e sua gangue começam a atormentá-lo. Um dia, quando é cercado pela gangue de Johnny, ele é salvo pelo Sr. Miyagi, um veterano japonês (Pat Morita) mestre na arte do karatê. Disposto a ajudar Daniel, Sr. Miyagi resolve passar-lhe os ensinamentos do karatê, para que ele possa se defender da gangue de Johnny. The Karate Kid foi dirigido por John G. Avildsen, que fez "Rocky", ele termina com o mesmo tipo de cena de luta clímax; Mas o coração do filme não está nas sequências de luta, mas nas relações muito bem construídas de uma história de temperamento doce, comovente emocionante com uma das amizades mais interessantes do cinema.
October 4, 2008
Avildsen reaches back into ROCKY formula here. Epic rivalry between Larusso & Johnny Lawrence culminating in final of All Valley Karate Tournament. Nothing beats Martin Kove's facial expressions during the tourney or Bananarama's 'Cruel Summer' and Joe Esposito's 'You're The Best Around' montages.
October 12, 2015
Ultimate feel good 80s Classic.
September 30, 2015
The bullies in the movie are pretty cringe worthy but still a classic!
½ September 24, 2015
Charming, heartfelt and warm- this film is a classic and is way better than the remake (not surprising).
February 17, 2008
A bit corny and I'm probably a little too nostalgic for it but its still a good movie. Pat Morita is just amazing as the iconic Mr Miyagi and its a rewarding underdog story. It was also directed by the same guy who did Rocky.
½ September 6, 2015
Rating: 89%
The Karate Kid rightly mixes martial arts entertainment, fun characters, great acting, and respectable morals to create a formula that turns out to be very enjoyable.
½ August 30, 2015
My father took me to this movie when I was a kid. Never forget the audience reaction at the end. Great story, great message and terrific performances. Macchio is great in the lead role and Morita creates one of the more iconic roles in the modern movie era.
November 3, 2014
I loved this Karate film. It is a really nice idea how teenage boy Ralph Macchio is bullied and meets maintenance man Pat Morita who turns out to be a Karate master and teaches Macchio Karate and Macchio stands up to his bullies in a Karate Tournament. The acting in this film is great. Sadly we know that Pat Morita died in 2005. He was a very good actor. This film and his others are dedicated to his memory. Very good film. One of his best.
August 5, 2015
Entertaining movie and good story too
August 2, 2015
a film that still impacts me to the day this is Americas take on the martial arts film a genre with rich history in the east it is a truly amazing film viewing. there's never been a film after this that has made me feel such empathy for the main character. and there has never been a film after this that has made such a great friendship between 2 people so different. and there has never been such a film ending that has come full circle such as this one one of the best films ever made 80s gold mine