Karate-Robo Zaborgar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Karate-Robo Zaborgar Reviews

August 5, 2015
What the actual f**k? And I mean that in the best way possible.
August 12, 2014
This movie is an amazing fusion of cheesy and epic with a little wonky and absurd thrown in for good measure. A perfect parody of the genre.
½ April 22, 2014
Karate-Robo Zaborgar is based on a 70's Japanese TV show Denjjn Zaborgar about a crime fighter and his robot sidekick, which obviously a North American like myself wouldn't be familiar with, but from my perception, it's like an action hero story with cheesy Power Rangers styled visuals and zany over-the-top action with a classic 70's/80's vibe and modern revival too. I had a blast watching this film, it has that whacky undertone that seems to plague a lot of Asian films, which I'm not sure how to describe accurately given that it's extremely hilarious to us, but Asian audiences may perceive it differently. Either way, it works well for me that way because it leaves a lot of surprises and unexpected moments. You see, Japan is adapting a lot of their latest films from classic TV shows and manga serials, why is it so hard for American to jump back on that bandwagon as opposed to remaking the crap out of already good movies? Until Western cinema gets their shit together, I can confidently turn to Eastern cinema for excitement and laughs with films like this one.
January 20, 2014
Enjoyable campy fun, despite losing some momentum in the second half.
January 16, 2014
This movie is like amongst the most japan craziest movies i think i can imagine. Like from start to finish i fricken love it.
September 15, 2013
With the director being Noboru Iguchi there is going to be a lot of sleazy moments in his films. If you can look past that though this a strong tribute film for the old 70's Toku series. There are a lot of references and even some jokes towards the this age of Toku. There are even re-made robots that are based off their originals and the villains are very good re-creates. Now I will say this film does take on some of it's own liberties with the plot and changes things around, which is mostly to add some humor. Sometimes it works, but a lot of times it's just perverted filth. I did like how they carried over the 70's feel of the show though. They kept the over the top feeling which just made me laugh and remember how the older days were. Also most of the weird, zany, and sleazy parts are mostly in the first arc of the film. It does lower it down after that so I wasn't looking away during these parts. On it's own some may just find it an odd film, but some may want to look into the original series because of this. It really does carry over a lot from the series and does it's own story which I can at least respect that. If the film had a different director though the sleaze would be gone and the film would feel a whole lot better. If the craziness makes you laugh though then you will laugh a lot, but for me I was in between where the only parts I laughed was with the jokes that were actually paired with the series. Again the perverseness just bogs the film down to be average as it could have been a stronger film without it and would easily cut down on the run time.
½ August 14, 2013
Being a stereotypical Japanese action film, done by Iguchi, was done quite well!

I enjoyed this film to it's full extent with amazing cinematography, awesome special effects, and hot Japanese cyborg-women with dragon heads coming out of their tits and ass.

If you want to watch a movie made by Iguchi and/or films with his similar style, this would be a must-see for you!
May 4, 2013
Survival lessons: Transformer robots and cyborgs who shoot rockets from their breasts don't automatically make something awesome. If you use the same move over and over in a fight, you might possibly bore your enemy to death (along with your audience), but more than likely, you'll just lose the fight. Don't be afraid of romantic encounters with things that have tentacles. You just never know what may come of it. And finally, if you want to survive DO NOT join up with the League of Smiles. You will certainly perish.
March 31, 2013
A hilarious and action packed parody/homage to all things classic Tokusatsu.
December 18, 2012
Whaouh ! This is definitely a masterpiece, if you dig the movies from Abraham-Zucker-Abraham (Airplane, Top Secret etc). Totally dumb, delirious and funny. Not to be missed.
November 26, 2012
This film from the land of rising sun has attained a new level of WTF. For instance, the protagonist believes that his infant twin brother died as a result of his father breast-feeding him with his man-breast milk."
November 24, 2012
Fantastic send-up of the Tokusatsu film genre that's free on netflix. Extremely hilarious yet bizarre and moving, the budget was decent for a film of this genre. The movie is a remake of a 70's live-action tokusatsu superhero show from Japan about an overly anxious and naive young karate hero with a robot sidekick who fights evil cyborgs intent on kidnapping every politician from Japan.
November 16, 2012
Iguchi strikes again! Director of Machine Girl, RoboGeisha and Mutant Girls Squad updates the classic 70's tokusatsu with his trademark gynephilia. It has some amusing parts, but feels too long. Love the ending showing scenes from the original, you can see where Iguchi changed it.
October 2, 2011
The best robot movie ever! Lots of action, great writing, campy costumes and effects.