Katy Perry: Part of Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Katy Perry: Part of Me Reviews

April 10, 2014
Unexpectedly highly inspiring as we see one of the most famous pop stars in the world with such unique personality and an admirable heart.
April 5, 2014
I really like Katy's music, and I never really did until I saw this, but Katy is a very inspiring person!
Katy Perry: How was the concert, Grandma?
Ann Hudson: Loud!
March 30, 2014
This was actually pretty eye opening.
½ February 24, 2014
As with any music documentary, your enjoyment of this will depend on how well you like the artist. This is a well-made documentary, which captures a likable Katy Perry shortly after her meteoric rise, in what is likely to be her career peak. It may be a bit premature to make a documentary when the story is just unfolding, but from a marketing standpoint, it will sell more now than later. It is a seemingly balanced look into the world of a pop star and the music industry. The movie does not put her on a pedestal by over glamorizing her life nor does it paint her as some miserable martyr. The most interesting part of the film goes into Perry's upbringing and road to get a record deal. I gained respect for her in that she started as a simple Christian singer and singer songwriter, who actually could play an instrument and write her own material. The music business is sadly more about image than substance, but it seems as if Katy has found her place in that system without totally compromising herself as a person. It shows that the life of a music star can be a lot of fun, but that it comes with sacrifices. So far, Katy appears to work hard and does not take her fans or her success for granted. She seems to handle a grueling pace of stardom and without breaking down or falling into substance abuse. Hopefully, she handles the rest of her career and inevitable decline just as gracefully.
February 19, 2014
Entertaining but not really my thing.
February 16, 2014
She's quirky, and funny, this will be good.
February 16, 2014
I am going to wait for it come on DVD.
February 13, 2014
Amazing actually my daughter saw it when it came out
February 5, 2014
the best documentary movie ever
February 5, 2014
The film was an emotional journey following the rise and fame of this gigantic success they call- 'Katy Perry'. You will be smitten by the quality of her stage sets, costumes and supportive crew that walk with her every step of the way. I didn't realise the hardship one has to endure whilst juggling fame and personal life. Katy is a true inspiration to both young and old followers. She shows that her fans come first, even before her own health and happiness, to me, that is absolute dedication. Take the opportunity to explore the world of Katy Perry and discover all that is behind the colors, glitter and music, it's a thrill. She deserves recognition far beyond what she receives.
January 23, 2014
Love this fun documentary
January 22, 2014
I love the fact that Katy Perry let us be a part of her world in this movie. She shows us how talented she is. She's human like all the rest of us!!!
January 19, 2014
shes so awesome I love katy im her fan no matter what she does
January 17, 2014
I will say after watching this I have started to listen to a LOT more of her songs. It gave tremendous insight into a star that works REALLY hard and puts it all on the line emotionally, professionally and personally. Tremendous respect is given regarding her interaction with the fans and you get to see real flesh and blood behind the makeup and costumes. You can see the truth behind many of her songs. Very eye opening.
January 7, 2014
awesome movie. most see if your a Katy Perry fan
January 7, 2014
Booooo, she stinks!!!!! Along with her music!!!!!!
January 5, 2014
If you are a Katy Perry Fan than watch this movie, good songs and it shows you that even music artist gets nervous too.
½ December 29, 2013
Was a really interesting watch, heartbreaking in parts as well :(
December 27, 2013
its an amazing movie telling about the ups and downs that Katy had to over come to be the amazing and insperational women she isnow