Keep Your Distance - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Keep Your Distance Reviews

May 18, 2013
I loved it was set in Louisville, my home town but the story was crappie!
½ February 5, 2010
A complete and total waste of time. I am not even convinced that the end of the movie makes sense with the rest of the plot. If things did match up with the entire story then I must admit to missing something vital. It must have been lost in the jumble of unrelated, meandering story lines.
½ December 5, 2009
Lesson: how to take a potentially good story and turn it into a totally cruddy film devoid of any atmosphere and suspense. I don't know why it didn't work, but it was just rubbish. It get's 30% only for featuring a rain drenched Christian Kane playing a (completely unscary) sort of crazy man. Avoid it.
August 31, 2009
Moderately entertaining. Everytime I thought it was getting better it took a step back again.
July 30, 2008
Weird movie but great acting, i love Christian Kane in this his voice is just amazing!
March 11, 2008
Just seen the clip of Christian Kane singing on youtube and all I can say...be still my heart!
½ January 24, 2008
One of the bigger wastes of cinemtaic time, "Keep Your Distance" is a completely idiotic film that has no idea if it's a thriller, a drama, a mystery or a comedy...but it will certainly make anyone laugh and roll their eyes time and again, but not in a good, "Showgirls"-sorta way.

However, what is most disturbing about this horrible film is the casting. I cannot begin to comprehend how a cast of veterans with amazing talent and a bunch of new stars who are now on amazing network TV shows could have fallen into such a pit of crap, as none of them should have been this desperate! Gil Bellows ("Ally McBeal"), Kim Raver ("24"), Jennifer Westfeldt ("Notes from the Underbelly"), Stacy Keach (uh, TV legend), Christian Kane ("Angel") and Gary Anthony Williams ("Boston Legal") have all proven themselves to be wonderful actors, so why any of them thought this was a good career move is beyond me.

The minute any of these fine actors shot a scene where they are in their house and turn around to find a letter on their counter that wasn't there thirty seconds earlier and they don't call 911 instantly and rather forget this distrubing event even happened within seconds is just...ludicrous.

One of the worst scripts I have seen to make it into production in a very long time. Take the title of the film to heart and avoid this at all costs.
½ November 9, 2007
It is unusual for a low-budget independent film to fail on a narrative level. Usually the slapdash acting or clueless direction does the damage and sometimes, the dialogue can make decent ideas seem downright dumb. In the case of Keep Your Distance, it's a tale of the tale. Had it figured out a better story to tell, this would be a wonderful, if minor, movie. As it stands, it's a well-cast creation that never delivers the percolating plot it promises.
½ June 29, 2007
no main line, no idea, no sense!
June 19, 2007
Keeps you wondering until the end. Dramatic end too...
½ June 30, 2006
5.5/10. Good try by director Stu Pollard, but it doesn't quite cut it, but almost. Inconsistent, far fetched and bland location scenes (Louisville, KY) prevent it from being a complete success. It does have some interesting scenes however and the cast is surprisingly effective.