Keeping Mum - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Keeping Mum Reviews

½ May 4, 2013
A lovely, dark, British comedy. Dry humor at its finest.
April 14, 2013
Enjoyable enough with funny performances from Maggie Smith and Rowan Atkinson as usual. You aren't going to laugh uncontrollably but will get a few chuckles out of it.
March 26, 2013
The ensemble cast is great. The comic timing very funny
March 17, 2013
Patrick Swayze in an against type comedy role against the backdrop of a Rowan Atkinson black comedy is unique genre, and with a charming sweet yet mysterious role from Maggie Smith, Keeping Mum achieves a certain level of laughs. It is primarily of a British style and with an occasional American touch supplying a good laugh, even if it is inconsistent.

I mean, sometimes there's just nothing worse watching and it's just a boring directionless tale of a strange woman. But Keeping Mum is a relaxed and ok comedy in parts, as long as you're not hoping for a tremendous amount of laughs.
½ March 7, 2013
I was all set to give this movie a 4 right up until the last 30 seconds...other than that I enjoyed it and Rowan Atkinson actually had a role that didn't make me want to scream.
March 2, 2013
An energetic, perfectly cast film which seems to get stupider by the scene. Maybe that's what makes it very, very funny and exciting. Dame Maggie Smith plays Grace to perfection, as well as Rowan Atkinson and Kristin Scott Thomas, but nods to the two children Egerton and Parkes, who constantly entertain.
January 28, 2013
Maggie Smith es una gran actriz y logra interpretar maravillosamente a esta adorable anciana con un pasado brutal y un presente muy singular!!!
January 18, 2013
Think I saw this one like 2006 or 2007. Twas alright; neither extraordinary nor awful. I quite often like British humour though, so if you don't, maybe you won't like this. =)
January 13, 2013
You looking for a fix of British humour? Watch this film. This dry and dark film will make you laugh :)
December 7, 2012
This is a nice black comedy family film about a disfunctional family whos visited by a perfect, too perfect housekeeper.who has her own unique definition of keeping house -- and an unusual knack for problem solving.
½ November 22, 2012
it was an ok movie, thought it was ok, Rowan Ackinson, Maggie Smith starred in it, it was a good movie, I loved it. It also starred Patrick Swayze and Kristin Scott Thomas, it was a good movie but I don't want it on DVD
November 12, 2012
"Keeping Mum" is a very funny black comedy that runs out of steam near the end, but remains entertaining throughout. Worth a watch.
October 13, 2012
Apesar de contar com um ótimo elenco, "De Bico Calado" aposta em roteiro fraco e que faz tudo no filme soar extremamente artificial.
½ October 9, 2012
Very funny comedy with an interesting cast. Rent it!!
½ October 7, 2012
Umm, light hearted not serious movie about an old lady who kills a few people. Fab British cast plus Patrick swayze. Also staring Kristen Scott Thomas who is one of my fave actresses. Was quite amusing and entertaining with an unexpected funny ending :)
October 2, 2012
I found the quiet "innosence" of Maggie Smith's character hilareous! It was also refreshing to see Rowan Atkinson in a decent role without having him acting like a stupid goof. The ending had my husband & I laughing out loud!
September 12, 2012
So wicked and sour is this english comedy that it will occasionally have you thinking how someone could even suggest the idea of having Maggie Smith be a sweet-and-innocent-seeming-yet-ultra-evil-serial-killer without being a sadistic weirdo. There is a lot of comedy on display, and for all the murder and mayhem, it is a very peaceful and enjoyable film.
September 6, 2012
A very good movie... Its not as funny as i thought it would be but its satisfying :)
July 15, 2012
Delightful lighthearted Brit wit which was played superbly by the dependable cast.
July 15, 2012
the Smith-Atkinson-Scott Thomas was great. i loved the character of Atkinson, and enjoyed the "logic" of Smith :D