Keeping the Promise - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Keeping the Promise Reviews

April 24, 2016
Had to watch "Keeping the Promise" in school after reading the book, which actually was pretty good. The movie had an okay cast, but the acting was absolutely horrific. There are no words to describe it.
½ December 16, 2012
Horrible. Cliched. Boring. Inaccurate.
December 20, 2010
This film is sometimes touching and well acted, but the film overstayed it's welcome an hour and a half in. This film could've and should've been shortened. Also the characters sometimes overreact to situations. The book was much better. You'd be better of reading that instead.
½ October 7, 2009
although it has a really good story line and everthing, even when I was little I could see the terrible acting in this!
November 8, 2008
the book was much better than this movie
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
½ December 26, 2007
IF ONLY EVERYBODY COUNLD DO THAT!!!!! I WILL LIVE FOR EVER.
October 2, 2007
I really, really liked this one. The actors were a bit contemporary, but they carried it off. I always like O'Toole and she breaks my heart in this one. I was very impressed with newcomer, Brendan Fletcher. Based on the book, "The Sign of the Beaver" by Elizabeth Speare. A great family film.
July 22, 2007
i realy want to keep my friendship thus why am useing this image to remined me
August 22, 2006
An admirable attempt to make meaningful film about people struggling with real life or death problems, and based on [i]The Sign of the Beaver[/i], well-regarded children's novel. Scene in which the mother (Annette O'Toole) realizes that her child, whom she is cradling in her arms, has just died, is heartwrenching. However, film suffers from being santized for modern TV audiences. Nobody was that clean in colonial times. With few exceptions, actors fail to convince that they are playing real people instead of performing for the camera in meaningful period piece.