Keeping Up With The Steins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Keeping Up With The Steins Reviews

December 12, 2010
I don't know much about the Jewish culture, so maybe some of the humor went over my head. I didn't think it was very funny.
December 5, 2010
I had a crappy bar mitzvah party too.
½ October 25, 2010
I was extremely bored with this movie. I was not keeping up with this film. I resaw this film and you know your movie is extremely in trouble when you stop caring somewhere along the plot. I pretty much stopped caring about this film sowhere I don't know, for I wanted it to end as soon as possible. I hated every character in ths flick and thought it was a waste of time from point a to point b. Burn this film!
October 21, 2010
A star for the cast a star for being a film that cud have potential but ita an awful film, not worth watching
½ May 9, 2010
really not so bad, i thought it was cute.
½ April 9, 2010
Keeping Up with the Steins is a fresh and lovable comedy about a dysfunctional Jewish family planning their son's bar mitzvah.

RATING: "Considered Rental" - (Negative to Mixed reaction). These films are only worth renting because of certain good things that are worth seeing, but are not worth paying at a theater to see due to bad things that overcome anything good. Considered Rental is you should think about it and read reviews before renting.
March 31, 2010
it didn't have to be funny or moving in order for it to be a great movie. This movie did not even get good reviews, but I found it so interesting to watch 2 Jewish families compete to see who could throw a better and more expensive Bar Mitzvah Party. It brings out all the Jewish stereotypes about money and why some parts of society are so overly-obsessive about social status
½ March 29, 2010
An ok bar mitzvah comedy I suppose. Neil Diamond's appearence at the end didn't do much for me although it did for my mother.
½ February 15, 2010
what a horrible movie, I really donā??t know why I tortured myself for 2 hours on gutter trash
January 24, 2010
A cute coming of age movie. About families and the need for reconciliation. I think it is difficult when a movie wants to be funny, but strives to say something meaningful, too. I love Doris Roberts in "Everybody Loves Raymond" she is even better in this movie. The acting isn't particularly good, but the story carries the day. And it passed the "Anne" test!!!
December 10, 2009
Thought it was pretty enjoyable, it was interesting seeing a movie all about a kids barvitzvah when it really hasnt been done before. Jermey Piven was pretty good but I thought the grandpa stole the show.
½ September 20, 2009
Pure Kitsch in the Sunday night movie vein - although with enough crassness and realness to amuse tweens, children and adults alike. I give it an extra half star for being about a Jewish life cycle event other than Chanukah.
½ September 10, 2009
3.5 out of 5 stars. I liked this movie, I thought it had some very funny moments. Growing up Jewish though probably influenced a lot of how I felt about this movie though, as I could relate to the characters and I had gone through it myself. Jeremy Piven is great, sort of playing a toned-down version of his Entourage character. Great supporting cast of funny people as well.
½ August 22, 2009
Lacking in true comedy sense, and doesn't make any grand statements about life, the universe and everything. But it did keep my attention in the way it was put together.
August 22, 2009
well umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch....its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie...i think that jami gertz, daryl hannah, garry marshall, jeremy piven, doris roberts, daryl sabara play good roles/parts throughout this movie....i think that the director of this comedy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie...its a good comedy movie n its really entertaining 2 watch
½ August 21, 2009
It raises a few smiles, but does feel a little like a poor man's Meet the Fockers when it comes to all the Jewish themed laughs.
August 8, 2009
it was really funny , quite entertaining really liked the grandmother .
½ August 6, 2009
well done and enjoyable but false advertising! I was expecting more family rivalry stuff but it quickly became obvious that it was all about the kid preparing for his mitzvah. seems like a made for tv movie that was upgraded later on. still, yeah, was enjoyable enough.
½ June 24, 2009
Garry Marshall plays such a cool grandfather! Coming of age story that explains the purpose of a bar-mitzvah and the symbolic nature of 'passing down the torch'. Touching family story that centers on Jewish culture and this young boys' understanding of becoming a man.
½ April 30, 2009
A very nice family film but nothing especial about the film. It's just okay, nothing especial. Funny at times though. The story deserves half a star. Very unique. If you want to watch a movie in father's day this is the one. The whole movie is about fatherhood. The best parts of the movie were the "realization" part, the bar mitzvah scene. People will learn something from this movie. A good family film.