Kelly & Cal Reviews

• May 31, 2020

I did have low expectations about this movie but it exceeded them. Juliette Lewis was amazing as well as the Cal character. I even loved the husband. So things happen and there is no one to blame and it was beautifully crafted.

• Dec 01, 2018

Juliette Lewis gives an amazing performance in this odd drama.

Juliette Lewis gives an amazing performance in this odd drama.

• Jun 19, 2017

Great character driven story.

Great character driven story.

• Jan 08, 2017

what an awesome movie about Mrs. Robinson with a twist. the neighbor was a senior in hish school stuck in a wheelchair due to an accident while Mrs. Robinson was a new mom with a workaholic husband. so when the friendship becomes more and feelings get twisted...who comes out of it ok and not heart broken. amaing film done by netflix.

• Oct 15, 2016

A sympathetic look at an unlikely relationship between a new mother and a recent paraplegic neighbor. I especially enjoyed Juliette Lewis' riot grrrl rocker throwback (complete with zine, cassette demo, and Manic Panic), which featured her actual music.

• Apr 28, 2016

I can't believe the inappropriateness of this film! An underage rude pervert is let off the hook by his neighbor b/c he is in a wheelchair? Not only let off the hook, but trusted with her baby, then developing into the object of her distraction/affection and given the power to endanger home and marriage. Beyond comprehension. Vandalizing a school, inappropriate - no illegal - relations with a 17 year old? These are not portrayed as a struggle, as conflict, but rather simply as understandable - even whimsical and fun - given her troubled marriage and post-partum issues. It comes across as a rom-com. Simply gross. It's understandable that this could be a real scenario, but here it's inappropriately portrayed as hey - look at my rebellious blue hair - hee hee it's so punky! Disabilities, post-partum depression, these are troublesome, difficult issues and this film really missed the mark. The boy's intense creepiness is so weird. Juliette Lewis, in my eyes is a QUEEN, an iconic artist, and I am SO surprised she would agree to be a part of this misogynistic drivel. Directed by a woman? Shameful.

• Apr 12, 2016

Strong representation of loneliness, cause and effect.

Strong representation of loneliness, cause and effect.

• Mar 18, 2016

Oh, so very predictable. Nothing special here.

Oh, so very predictable. Nothing special here.

• Nov 13, 2015

One of the best performance of Juliette Lewis.

One of the best performance of Juliette Lewis.

• Aug 14, 2015

Great little Indie that focuses on an inappropriate relationship that feels real.