Kelly's Heroes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kelly's Heroes Reviews

April 1, 2014
Despite a slow start, this early 70s ancestor to The A-Team is a fun, tongue in cheek WW2 romp. Hefty, explosion stuffed setpieces combine with a top notch cast to produce a good time, especially a hilariously lax Sutherland as a tank driving, pre-hippie hippie.
February 28, 2014
One of my all time favourite movies that I can watch over and over again. Yes, it's blatantly about the Vietnam conflict thinly veiled in a WW2 suit but, for me, it's the characters and the actors that portray them that puts this war/caper film up there with the best of them
½ January 31, 2014
A great war comedy slash western (heck, it even has a showdown scene, a not-so-subtle nod at Clint Eastwood's more famous roles), and DAMN, what a cast!
December 27, 2013
Maybe on of the greatest movies of all time that I have only just got around to seeing.
So far I have watched it three times this week.
It's that good, no, really it is.

Sutherland's character "Oddball" sat uncomfortably well next to the stern attitudes of other screen greats Savalis and Eastwood.

some of the expressions on Eastwood's face when dealing with Sutherland almost made me piss the sofa.
½ November 16, 2013
Its forgettable but this movie still holds up very well today
November 11, 2013
better than it has to be.
November 2, 2013
WWII pic+ humor= this one
½ September 18, 2013
Clint Eastwood leads an ensemble cast - including Donald Sutherland, Telly Savalas, Don Rickles, Gavin MacLeod and Carroll O'Connor - as a platoon of GIs plot to steal $16 million in gold held in a bank 30 miles behind German lines.
½ September 6, 2013
With a all-star cast, viewers should not take this film too seriously. This is pure entertainment dosed lightly with commentary on the management of a military at war.
September 2, 2013
Kelly's Heroes is a concept that should have worked due to its dynamic and colorful cast. But instead it provides an experience that is both un-engaging, boring, humorless, and something forgettable, no matter if Eastwood is present or not.
August 18, 2013
A Great Cast of stars,
August 8, 2013
Cheesy and dated,plus obviously along the lines of screw "the man" and his war of the 70's but still good fun and a load of laughs. Though slightly biased given Hal Buckley was a 3rd cousin from my maternal grandmother's side.
August 3, 2013
Loved it as a young man. Haven't seen it in 30-some years.
July 26, 2013
Funny film. A classic and no less.
July 19, 2013
One of my all time fav movies. Half war movie, half comedy, with a dash of pragmatism.
July 3, 2013
Classic military comedy, staring screen legends Savalas, Sutherland, Rickles and Eastwood as the gang of soldiers on a mission to steal $16 million worth of gold from the Nazis.
June 5, 2013
Very good film! Many stars.
April 16, 2013
one of my favorite films of all time.
April 3, 2013
still one of the best 70s wwII films ever,brilliant cast & characters lots of explosions & gunfights