Kelly's Heroes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kelly's Heroes Reviews

August 18, 2013
A Great Cast of stars,
August 8, 2013
Cheesy and dated,plus obviously along the lines of screw "the man" and his war of the 70's but still good fun and a load of laughs. Though slightly biased given Hal Buckley was a 3rd cousin from my maternal grandmother's side.
August 3, 2013
Loved it as a young man. Haven't seen it in 30-some years.
July 26, 2013
Funny film. A classic and no less.
July 19, 2013
One of my all time fav movies. Half war movie, half comedy, with a dash of pragmatism.
July 3, 2013
Classic military comedy, staring screen legends Savalas, Sutherland, Rickles and Eastwood as the gang of soldiers on a mission to steal $16 million worth of gold from the Nazis.
June 5, 2013
Very good film! Many stars.
April 16, 2013
one of my favorite films of all time.
April 3, 2013
still one of the best 70s wwII films ever,brilliant cast & characters lots of explosions & gunfights
March 20, 2013
A great war movie with some of the best actors around to this very day.
March 5, 2013
February 24, 2013
I own this in a four movie pack along with:
* Where Eagles Dare (1968)
* Firefox (1982)
* Heartbreak Ridge (1986)

and a sample of the documentary The Eastwood Factor

and i own it on Blu-Ray in a two movie pack along with:
* Where Eagles Dare (1968)
February 23, 2013
Saving Private Ryan by way of M*A*S*H* (the anarchic film, not the sentimental TV show). Yeah, its original. Post Omaha-beach squad of disparate head into occupied France in search (not of Matt Damon, but) a bunch of gold bullion to heist. Premise = great, plot = ok, heist angle = ultimately disappointing. Great location work, but minimal finesse in action scenes - either standard or too repetitive with the explosions. Anti-war satire in sensibility and perfs - but still it loves to show us Nazis getting mowed down by the truck load. Yeah, its original. Best thing about it is the cast and their chemistry. This was one of Clint's last "for hire" roles, and its one of those (rare, pre-90s) examples of how good it could be to watch his laconic charisma balanced against OTT perfs from other star-quality actors. Rickles and his one liners are good, but the best scenes feature droll Eastwood getting bounced off by a brilliant-shouty Savalas and a wacked out Sutherland (who himself has some good stuff with Captain Stubing). "Always with the negative waves Moriarty, ALWAYS with the negative waves." Definitely inspiration for "Three Kings", not to mention Abe Simpson's "Flying Hellfish".
½ February 20, 2013
Fairly entertaining WWII heist movie. It was definitely a lot lighter in tone than many other movies with the same theme.
February 16, 2013
Weird anachronistic WW II adventure.
½ February 9, 2013
Are you kidding me?! Just look at the cast! AWESOME flick.
January 22, 2013
i love the part when they go into town palying all for the love of sunshine
January 14, 2013
This is a great movie that is pure entertainment at its best.
January 6, 2013
A childhood favorite and I appreciate it more every year. Clint Eastwood is stiff, but an ensemble cast run with the exciting premise and make good on it. Great action and explosions. A super underappreciated gem.

Re-made into Three Kings and Battlefield: Bad Company (VG) kinda.
January 2, 2013
Clint Eastwood + World War II + Heist = Kelly's Heroes. I didn't expect an action-comedy, but this was really good.