The Kentucky Fried Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Kentucky Fried Movie Reviews

½ September 22, 2017
A wonderful spoof film that hasn't aged very well visually, but still holds up comedically.
½ September 5, 2017
A very funny and clever movie that is one of the most underrated spoof movies ever made.
April 30, 2017
one of the funniest movies i've ever seen.
December 6, 2016
A sketch comedy movie, with the usual problems of sketch comedy - it's very hit and miss. The longest sketch in the film 'A Fistful of Yen' is a pretty hilarious Enter the Dragon Parody, but many of the shorter sketches are middling to poor. Worth watching for A Fistful of Yen and a couple of other funny sketches. The writers would go on to make the much more consistently funny Airplane, and John Landis a whole bunch of good movies.
December 1, 2016
The Kentucky Fried Movie is directed by John Landis, and it's anthology comedy about a bunch of skits that creates this film. I was curious to see the Zucker Brothers debut and hoped that it was funny, luckily it is, but it's incredibly dated. The skits that they used are pretty good, but at the beginning, it was kind of painful to watch because I've seen this type of comedy done before, and it's just old. When the first skit was done, that's when it gets really funny. The acting is pretty good, and they just know how to act silly which gives off to some comedic moments. There are some moments where the joke really does and you just waiting for something to be funny. There's a long skit called A Fistful of Yen, and it's really hit-or-miss for me. There's some clever gags in there, and there are some childish jokes that never seem to hit the target. While Kentucky Fried Movie is a good movie, I'll stick with Airplane! anyway.
½ August 21, 2016
When it works it's very funny. But too many skits fall flat (including the main one) for it to be a very good film. By its very nature it doesn't any real plot, which means that when it drags it really drags.
½ August 17, 2016
Ridiculously dry humour, but I love it haha.
½ August 14, 2016
The half star is just because it made me laugh hard very hard sometimes but this movie is a piece of crap still. If it didn't have that way too long Chinese scene. Then it would've been a better movie by far. I don't recommend this. It was hilarious and I thought it was going to be great The whole way through until it got to that really long like 15 minute sketch that sucks so bad and is barely funny that it ruined the whole rest of the movie. It was a blast until that sketch happened.
July 23, 2016
I find the spoof humour of the 70's/80's to be rather dated but this still made me laugh much more than I thought. I'm not trying to say that theyre on par in quality but I don't understand how something like this can be praised as a classic but the recent Movie 43 is considered one of the worst movies ever made.
½ January 3, 2016
Every man must see this.
October 28, 2015
Can't believe this one didn't get a better audience rating! Fucking kidding me? KFM is a classic. The scene at the end with the people fucking on the couch while the people on TV watch, alone, was awesome. Something hilarious to which one can jerk off. What's not to like?
½ October 10, 2015
It's no Airplane! but it's still funnier than most comedies
September 3, 2015
A pre-Airplane Zuckers-Abrahams sketch flick that has a lot of hilarious un-pc gags, but not so great overall because the longest sketch that's essentially a 3rd of the movie is a drag.
½ August 23, 2015
There are some pretty funny skits to be found here.
August 11, 2015
Some of the humor is dated but this is mostly funny and ridiculous .
½ June 26, 2015
Where do I begin? It's trashy, tasteless, lowbrow, but supplies an ever slight bit of appeal. It's far from being the Zucker brothers' best comedy, but one defining thing about it is how it foreshadowed their future spoof comedy films.
½ June 14, 2015
The Kentucky Fried Movie assembles a wide range of humour and explicity and have the majority of sketches feel just right in time, but while others are a bit too lame to make you laugh.
January 20, 2015
I want to see this movie this was john landis second movie I heard its really funny and I mite get it for blu ray soon
½ January 15, 2015
Not nearly as funny as it should have been, given that it was directed by the power house behind classics like Animal House and Blues Brothers.
½ December 3, 2014
Weird movie, has some funny parts.