The Kentucky Fried Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Kentucky Fried Movie Reviews

½ August 21, 2016
When it works it's very funny. But too many skits fall flat (including the main one) for it to be a very good film. By its very nature it doesn't any real plot, which means that when it drags it really drags.
½ August 17, 2016
Ridiculously dry humour, but I love it haha.
½ August 14, 2016
The half star is just because it made me laugh hard very hard sometimes but this movie is a piece of crap still. If it didn't have that way too long Chinese scene. Then it would've been a better movie by far. I don't recommend this. It was hilarious and I thought it was going to be great The whole way through until it got to that really long like 15 minute sketch that sucks so bad and is barely funny that it ruined the whole rest of the movie. It was a blast until that sketch happened.
July 23, 2016
I find the spoof humour of the 70's/80's to be rather dated but this still made me laugh much more than I thought. I'm not trying to say that theyre on par in quality but I don't understand how something like this can be praised as a classic but the recent Movie 43 is considered one of the worst movies ever made.
½ January 3, 2016
Every man must see this.
October 28, 2015
Can't believe this one didn't get a better audience rating! Fucking kidding me? KFM is a classic. The scene at the end with the people fucking on the couch while the people on TV watch, alone, was awesome. Something hilarious to which one can jerk off. What's not to like?
½ October 10, 2015
It's no Airplane! but it's still funnier than most comedies
September 3, 2015
A pre-Airplane Zuckers-Abrahams sketch flick that has a lot of hilarious un-pc gags, but not so great overall because the longest sketch that's essentially a 3rd of the movie is a drag.
½ August 23, 2015
There are some pretty funny skits to be found here.
August 11, 2015
Some of the humor is dated but this is mostly funny and ridiculous .
½ June 26, 2015
Where do I begin? It's trashy, tasteless, lowbrow, but supplies an ever slight bit of appeal. It's far from being the Zucker brothers' best comedy, but one defining thing about it is how it foreshadowed their future spoof comedy films.
½ June 14, 2015
The Kentucky Fried Movie assembles a wide range of humour and explicity and have the majority of sketches feel just right in time, but while others are a bit too lame to make you laugh.
January 20, 2015
I want to see this movie this was john landis second movie I heard its really funny and I mite get it for blu ray soon
½ January 15, 2015
Not nearly as funny as it should have been, given that it was directed by the power house behind classics like Animal House and Blues Brothers.
½ December 3, 2014
Weird movie, has some funny parts.
½ August 15, 2014
Its a sketch film, so its hit or miss throughout. And while plenty of jokes fall flat, there are plenty of chuckles, and the good laughs are worth it. Lots of titties too.
½ July 25, 2014
Stupid humor, yes, but stupid humor done well.
½ July 22, 2014
Outrageously outdated, yet hilarious still to this day. Some of the finest Zucker work on offer! For the teenage ball in all of us Catholic High School Girls In Trouble is still a highlight, whereas you have to be a straight up cinephile to understand some of the exploitation rip-off trailers. A real VHS classic from yesteryear!
June 19, 2014
A definitive "hit-or-miss" type of comedy, Kentucky Fried Movie is best remembered as one of the films that helped allow other comedy directors to show more raunch onscreen. Otherwise, it's just an okay movie. It has a steady stream of jokes that land even if others fall flat. You'll likely have a good time watching this, but the chuckles won't come as fast and thick as they do in "Airplane!".
½ June 7, 2014
A raunchy groundbreaker and undeniably inventive, 'KFM' now is more amusing than gut-bustingly funny, given how much comedy has changed since. Still, the variety of sketches, as well as the lovingly looney 'Fistful of Yen' segment, make it an enjoyable watch.