Kestrel's Eye - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kestrel's Eye Reviews

March 19, 2012
No commentary. No Music. This documentary is like sitting outside and watching some random birds. Normally, I enjoy nature documentaries but this is just plain boring. The Kestrels were no more interesting than watching the cardinals in my backyard. The town that the Kestrels watch is about as exciting as watching grass grow. You can only watch so much cemetery landscaping. Seriously..
January 12, 2012
A lovely depiction of the nesting cycle of these birds. The juxtaposing of the Kestrels lives with the town's comings and goings, deaths and weddings is well done indeed. I was entranced. The time just flew.
½ September 8, 2011
A narration-free documentary with volumes of narrative momentum - a perfect documentary. Not only did I love this film, but my cat loved this film!
January 22, 2009
Well made? Yes. Excellent compilation of footage? Yes. The problem here is that while the concept is indeed impressive, in terms of execution this film is way too long and repetitive. As a 30-45 minute short film, the rating would be higher, because the footage of the kestrels themselves is excellent and comprehensive.
January 6, 2009
didn't think I'd like it because there is no dialog but the activities of the birds held both my attention and my cats!
½ November 9, 2007
Too much time looking at the boring humans. I think the director's point is made, but it's just not interesting enough to sustain an entire film (and I don't think it's the kestrels' fault).
June 7, 2007
The five star rating is deceptive; certainly, the dialogue isn't much. It's probably the best movie ever in terms of kestrel footage, though.