Geuk jang jeon (Tale of Cinema) Reviews

• Oct 04, 2011

What a boring piece of crap. 2/5

What a boring piece of crap. 2/5

• Sep 20, 2010

[color=white]I saw [i]Tale of Cinema[/i] on the last day of the festival when they replay all of the films that were In Competition. Seen at the Bazin Theatre in the Palais. In Competition for the Palme d'Or. [/color] [color=#ffffff][/color] [color=#ffffff]I really have nothing good to say. Lots of people walked out, but I stuck through it. [/color] [color=#ffffff][/color] [color=#ffffff]I honestly couldn't tell you what it was about. I can't even describe the plot in anyway because I have no clue what it was supposed to be about or what happened. The characters switched halfway through, suddenly there were all new characters for no discernable reason. The only way I can describe the film is a student film with slightly better lighting. the performances were bad, there was no plot, the cinematography was unimpressive. I can't believe this was actually chosen to be in competition. [/color] [color=#ffffff][/color] [color=#ffffff]The Opinion: My god, what a terrible movie. [/color]

• Feb 28, 2010

I love the hate that Hong Sang-soo's movie elicit in people who can't just admit they are simple minded entertainment seeking non-thinkers. But not as much as I love watching his movies. This one is a favorite of mine. Complex and interesting and eminently re-watch-able. Some of the best acting and film making being done today. I feel like people not liking his movies is like people going into an art museum and getting mad at the paintings for not being exciting enough. Art isn't entertainment. Empty, flat, and boring are not useful descriptions of bad art they are descriptions of boring entertainment.

• Oct 23, 2009

I don't see everyone enjoying this good piece, but I did. If you have seen too many movies in your life, then you may enjoy this a little more.

• May 08, 2009

This film is bullshit. It's as if not meaning anything will suggest a grand mystery we're to discover because there must be a reason. Get it? It's not interesting (and not immediately obvious) that the first half of the film isn't really part of the film but is the 'film' the second half of the film references. Big deal. It wasn't good as film, or as a film within a film. Ji-won Uhm is good, but her character is flat, something I'm sure was "directed." I'm calling out Sang-soo Hong as a phony. Three of the four films I've seen by him have been empty, flat, and boring.

• Jan 26, 2009

boring and crap Sputh korean Drama

boring and crap Sputh korean Drama

• May 30, 2008

where's turning gate?

where's turning gate?

• Apr 19, 2008

I didn't get it...I mean, the topic of death Hong talked about here.

I didn't get it...I mean, the topic of death Hong talked about here.

• Mar 28, 2008

Interesting movie which was even nominated for a golden palm at Cannes in 2005. Clever movie but it couldn't win my heart completely.

• Mar 09, 2008