Keulraesik (The Classic) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Keulraesik (The Classic) Reviews

July 2, 2016
one of the best romantic films I watched so far with great perfomance and mind blowing BGM.
don't miss it
September 11, 2015
My favorite Korean film
June 3, 2014
Ever fall in love with a movie & you just want to keep watching it over & over? That's this movie. Two very sweet love stories that don't end the way you expect them to.
½ April 23, 2014
a movie interesting for those who want a little love-friendship-family melodrama..appreciate the work done by the actress and not to forget both the actors
½ April 9, 2014
Sensational and flirtatious bait into Korean love stories. Lots of tension and conservative love gestures presented under the radar leave you itching for more.
½ January 1, 2014
I endured this movie as "I Saw a The a Devil" is more my kind of movie.
August 17, 2013
Like so many Korean films from the early 2000s, it tends to overstay its welcome by about 30 minutes and layer on a few too many layers of overwrought melodrama but the acting and story are tremendously effective, the emotional beats well-executed, and the humor broad enough to be widely appealing. Definitely a great date movie for American fans of Korean cinema. Keep the tissues on hand for your loved one...or for yourself.
½ July 28, 2013
The Classic puts love story cliches into good use, with just the right mix of cheesiness and sentimentality. The transition of the mood is balanced, which I think is pretty hard when it comes to parallel stories. The soundtrack was also very well-picked.
½ May 10, 2013
too many 'coincidences'..... if you aren't paying attention, you'll get lost in the flashbacks and current timeline... movie just kept dragging on and on- that 2 hours felt more like 3!!
May 4, 2013
Melodrama is what the Koreans do best... A perfect romance and how perfect things will eventually turn out, Very Cliche that's why it's called "The Classic"
½ March 22, 2013
The Classic or Keulraesik is a cute and touching love story.
Good cast and good performances.
January 10, 2013
An everlasting romance movie. It's a set of two love stories told across two generations; the stories maintain few similarities, and deal with with the themes of love, loss and destiny. The screenplay is quite unique and mesmerizing, switching between the two storylines; it holds your interest throughout the two-hour long movie. The cinematography and background score are exceptionally brilliant; they give the movie it's particular charm and feel.

The acting is terrific; Ye-jin Son is charming and delightful as Ji-hae, as well as her mother. The supporting actors In-seong Jo and Seung-woo Cho are charming as the love interests. Ki-woo Lee is hilarious as Oh Joon-ha's dorky and good-hearted friend, Tae-su.

There are many memorable scenes in the movie; they include the fireflies beside the lake scene, the dance practice scene, the manure collection scene, the running in the rain scene. Coincidentally, all these scenes are in the first half of the movie. The second half may seem a little mushy to some people; it will only appeal to lovers of romance movies. But without the second half, you won't get a perfect romance like this!

The movie is a modern-day romance classic; the music and songs from the movie still linger in my mind.
½ January 2, 2013
blame me for not getting used to to watch Korean movies, so i couldnt got it as they who've watch it alot already :I
December 7, 2012
May watch...
½ November 9, 2012
It's probably really, really good but it was way too sappy for my taste.
November 4, 2012
delivering in totally elegant way, this is the most elegant love story I think, prettiest-looking for son ye jin in this movie
October 5, 2012
Drammone romantico coi fiocchi.
September 11, 2012
This movie took me by suprise, I thought it will be boring by the sound of the title but it really blew me away and I fell in love with it!
July 7, 2012
till now my best korean romantic movie...
½ June 1, 2012
Why this movie is that much awesome?