Kevin & Perry Go Large - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kevin & Perry Go Large Reviews

October 8, 2016
Only saving grace is the music and late 90s outfits.
October 1, 2016
Classic. So funny. Well worth a watch for a good laugh.
½ July 7, 2016
Fantastic film. Hilarious with a banging soundtrack.
½ April 19, 2016
A terrible, really boring movie with no laughs whatsoever.
½ March 17, 2016
A terrible, really boring movie with no laughs whatsoever.
February 13, 2016
This film is cringe and ridiculous. The joke's are silly and infantile but yep, still entertaining. The parody of teenagers, their mood swings, and the big dreams of becoming famous to get laid are ludicrous but that is very much the point. For what the film is, it grabs in a downright British way.

'Can I have a jam sandwich, Mrs Patterson?'
½ February 8, 2016
What a poor excuse for a movie. I don't know what made the director to make so much Shit. The story is horrible, the characters are ridiculous and they have some weirdo who is a DJ and is their idol. Not a very nice movie, i found the acting to be horrible and the way the two main characters go on is stupid.
January 24, 2016
I remember seeing this when I was fifteen years old, and it immediately left a horribly foul taste in my mouth. To be specific, I felt disgusted by the film's gross obsession with teenage sexuality, along with the main characters being obvious teen stereotypes. Since then, I've seen several bad movies, so I would have thought that I'd be used to some of the worst cinema has to offer, but after seeing this again, I can say without a doubt that this is the lowest of the low, worse than anything else I could possibly have seen before. The whole film revolves around Kevin, a delusion and perverted caricature of a British teenager written and played by a man who, by the time of the film's release, was nearly forty years old. The problem is that the writers clearly don't know what they're doing. They didn't do any research on what it was actually like being a teenager in the 90's, going only by what's popular now, and the end result is probably the ugliest teen movie in history. For starters, the main characters are chavs (you know, the kind of people I loathe with searing disgust), and their whole goal is to be DJ's and get laid in Ibiza (hint: they do this in the end), and everything between the beginning and end is a horrifying experience that makes you wonder why you even subjected yourself to it in the first place, as I did several times. The main characters are completely unlikable, mainly because they represent some of the worst teenage stereotypes the media could come up with. I swear that older film writers like Harry Enfield have such contempt for younger generation that they just shove stereotypes down their throats and expect us young people to take it lying down. I bet Mr. Enfield took some sort of sick pleasure in making Kevin and Perry two of the worst characters ever written. The script is just terrible and cringeworthy, and given Enfield's visibly jaded writing, that would have been enough were it not for the fact that the two "teenagers" are also vile and repulsive creatures. All they ever think about is sex, to the point that in one scene, Kevin is entirely okay with slipping someone the tongue before she could consent. Is that what Mr. Enfield thinks teenage boys are like? If so, someone ought to beat some sense into him, because I've just about had it with rich old people thinking they know what young people are like. The other characters are horrible as well, mainly because they're personality is completely fake. Of course, this is just one of several reasons why the film's shallow pretence of satire quickly crumbles, but I suppose the main thing is that the film was pointlessly crass and brutally unfunny. My guess is that they were trying to be crude and offensive just for its own sake, perhaps in an obvious attempt to cash-in on the popularity of gross-out sex comedies, but judging by their failed attempts to get the film rated 12, they did an even poorer job at exploiting the more popular films than the more popular films did at even trying to be funny. Seriously, this is perhaps the flimsiest comedy film I've ever seen, and at this point I say comedy very loosely because there's nothing funny about it at all, not even an accidental joke. In fact, it's so bad that the writers resort to making an erection joke whenever they have the chance, and the way they do it is somehow even more shameless than the opening of The Dragon Lives Again. To make matters worse, the film also sports terribly cheap production values, and the producers seem to be wantonly spamming club music throughout the whole film. Just because it was the year 2000 doesn't mean we wanted to hear horrible dance music all the time. For me, what's really sad is that this was directed by Ed Bye, the director and producer of the Red Dwarf series. If I'm right, then the director/producer of the Red Dwarf series is partly responsible for what I now believe to be the worst movie ever made. As embarrassing as that must sound for Mr. Bye, that's nothing compared to everything else that's horribly putrid about this mess of a movie. With abominable characters, a horribly written plot, awful music, no jokes, and a ton of other details that are best left unspoken, I'm very certain that this bad joke of a film is surely the worst ever made, and whoever made this should probably be embarrassed that they were even involved with it, since they've pretty much brought shame to comedy itself.
½ February 1, 2015
Chuckle by the ten minute.
November 3, 2014
Extremely funny teenage film!
November 1, 2014
Very funny teenage film
½ July 21, 2014
I think this is a misunderstood film, and it has it's merits- an extension of the classic 80s/90s comedy of Harry Enfield series, the comedy in this film more than warrants credit as a feature length episode, with gags at least at the same level as the TV show. Secondly, the dance and trance music in the film re-introduced a flailing genre over the 90s to a beckoning decade. No masterpiece, but a very funny film.
May 18, 2014
Embarrassingly unfunny. Couldn't even be bother to watch anymore after the first half hour. It was awful.
April 29, 2014
Wow. Just wow. I was always a fan of Kevin and Perry, and when I found that there was a film about these characters, I leapt onto Netflix, and began watching. Within a short period of time, I realised it was not going to be one of those high quality films that will come away with Oscars, or BAFTAs. Instead, it was an easy to watch film that was fun and lighthearted, and did everything that you'd expect from the characters and more. And I must say that it came across very well, and was great fun to pass away a dull morning. Yes, you do have to go with the flow of the film, but if you do, there is a lot that can be taken away from this truly banterous film!
January 3, 2014
Has its moments, although time alreadys seems to be taking its toll. Probably how the inbetweeners movie will feel like in 2025.
December 31, 2013
The so called comedy high points of this film involve spots being popped into a mirror, awkward erections and a floating turd and if that sounds like your idea of a fun movie, you deserve to be subjected to this.
December 20, 2013
A duo of retarded virgins aspire to lose their virginity and become the best DJs ever. By the end they accomplish this, even though they're retards. And it's not funny, it is quite stupid and shameful to watch. Pretty much sums it up.
November 30, 2013
A funny film about two teenagers who go to ibiza. Some classic tunes from back in the day. Kevin and Perry want to be DJ's and when they see eyeball Paul they might have hit the big time. Some classic quotes from the film which last in your memory for a long time.
August 29, 2013
This film definitely is 'avin it large'
½ July 23, 2013
It's best not to look directly at it.