Khane-ye doust kodjast? (Where is the Friend's Home?) Reviews

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Apr 10, 2017

Kiarostami crafts an incredibly sensitive and deceptively simple film that shows a lot about a strict society in which adults don't listen to children, creating a lingering impact on the viewer as we follow the action take place mostly from the point of view of a generous kid.

• Aug 11, 2016

One of the late Kiarostomi's most accessible films.

One of the late Kiarostomi's most accessible films.

• Aug 09, 2016

Pure human kindness, no matter how seemingly small, will always standout, and Kiarostami shows us this in every aspect of this extraordinary kid's film. A truly astonishing amount of intrigue and pulsing heart is shoved into this tiny story about a little boy (with one of the most sweetly empathetic faces ever put to film) trying to return his friend's school notebook. A moving film of sacrificial humanity that immediately riveted me, then steadily transformed me, all the way to the final goosebump-y shot.

• Dec 05, 2015

A young boy's journey to deliver homework back to his friend. Yeah, it's a VERY uneventful film. So uneventful, you're really pretentious film friend may hail it as a work of genius. I guess you can commend it for feeling so real, and chronological. It's a short movie, but it feels like it's going in real time. But so much so, that it's barely entertaining. Eh, I wouldn't suggest you watch it. Taste of Cherry is the Kiarostami film I'd say is the safest to watch.

• Oct 06, 2014

Excellent film. Highly recommended. Must watch.

Excellent film. Highly recommended. Must watch.

• May 24, 2014

Another slice of Iranian life. This is closest thing you will get for Iranian action film, and I'm not joking.

• Mar 26, 2014

Un canto a la solidaridad protagonizada por un niño.

Un canto a la solidaridad protagonizada por un niño.

• Dec 29, 2013

the ending shot'd bring a smile to the stoniest of faces (well, unless you have the iciest of hearts). typically shun animal and kid-centric flicks like the plague but this was totally watchable,and kinda uplifting. the wide-eyed lead child actor with this earnestness and expressions, "can die".

• Nov 27, 2013

a gr8 moving film very simplistic

a gr8 moving film very simplistic

• Apr 06, 2013

The film, maybe a children one, relentlessly depicts the general ignorance of the children in a society, specially if it is from rural background.The filmmaker tells the story of a boy's morality in the central perspective and draws in background different ideologies of lower class people as subplots.The suffering and struggle of uneducated people of countryside Iran is masterfully executed at the time modern civilization.