Kibô no kuni (The Land of Hope) Reviews

• Sep 05, 2015

This may mark the first time in a Japanese film where the main family actually all really love each other, and *openly*. And that's nice to see. I like Sion Sono's more grounded work, He presents really intersting, unique characters who are often just fun to watch. This film is very sombre in tone, though not without it's quirks. Sono's usual style was present but very subdued, making a simpler film, but a very capable one. I only found the story of the younger couple, of the neighboring family to be unnecessary to this film. It feels random and goes nowhere, either cut it entirely or build it into something meaningful, I say. Not sure about that ending though. I'm kept on the fence as to whether or not I like it.

• Dec 08, 2013

Le film se devait être un plaidoyait contre le nucléaire, mais, pit-être parce que je suis sans coeur, ou que l jeu d'acteur et l'histoire son trop .... simple ... j'ai pas vraiment été touché. Peut-être qu'il faut l'avoir vécu pour être touché mais n'est poas le but d'un film sur le sujet de faire ressentir L'émotion même si cela ne nous est pas arrivé?

• Sep 25, 2013

I found it though, touching and sad to watch at the same time. A good movie. I want to give many stars for the elderly couple acting and I just believed in them and felt for them. I did like somehow some of their son story as well but the third couple I didn't care about really nor did I find the acting very good.

• Jul 08, 2013

Sad story all caused by the father's stupidity. All those drama was unnecessary if they all left together.

• Nov 17, 2012

???????????????????????20??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????311?????????????????????

• Oct 09, 2012