Kick-Ass 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kick-Ass 2 Reviews

½ April 30, 2018
Barely escapes sequelitis, but only barely. Great preformance by Jim Carrey.
April 23, 2018
falls flat very fast not worth watching
April 17, 2018
Not near as good as the first film, however, it would be great to see a third film to wrap things up!
½ April 12, 2018
'kick-ass 2' is smaller in theatrical scope than the first, and the high-school scenes are hopelessly dry. fortunately, it has remains of the anarchic/half-sincere synthesis which were at the heart of what made the original successful. but it fundamentally needed a better story, and a more coherent approach.
½ March 31, 2018
I like watching this film to laugh at how terrible it is.
March 30, 2018
Kick-Ass 2 has good action sequences, candy-coloured visuals and a show-stealing Jim Carrey despite his disappointing lack of screen time. Sadly, the movie tries too hard to replicate what made the first film great in the first place with one thing that really bothered me was that now, everyone was figuring out Kick-Ass's identity. It's a spoiler and it's not a spoiler. Not a spoiler because, regarding the latter, some of them(read: his two best friends) figure out simply because they joined a league of vigilantes. And don't get me started on Hit-Girl's side of the story. I'm calling it right here, right now. Matthew Vaughn is the only one who should make sequels to Matthew Vaughn's movies. And yes, Kingsman 2 was polarizing but it was still just as stylish as the first movie. At least Vaughn can replicate the whole stylish direction thing right.
February 25, 2018
Barely entretaining...
February 16, 2018
An interesting sequel that's not ass god as the first but is worth the watch
½ February 13, 2018
Kick-Ass 2 has all the ingredients to make for a serviceably satisfying sequel to a modern comedy classic, but Jeff Wadlow sucks out all the fun that made the original so entertaining. The humour tries too hard to be funny, the violence is too gritty and rough to reignite the cartoonish wit and the character development is weak.
½ January 11, 2018
Really really terrible, not even worth explaining why :(
December 23, 2017
Better than the first one.
November 18, 2017
While i have problems with the first movie because of the difference on the tone between the first and second half of the movie,this movie commits completely to not be a realistic take, what actually serve well the history,but, in the other side some of the character are not as memorable or compelling, with two main exceptions, that are ChloŽ Grace Moretz , hit girl, and Jim Carrey, colonel; Hit girl has a very good, search for identity, kind of arc, and Colonel serve as a very interesting mentor figure. Another difference to the first movie was the approach to the villains, while in the first one you have a very threatening figure on Frank D'Amico, here you have the mother f., that was well use for what it was, the character has an ok arc and work well in the movie but wasn't espectacular. In the end i believe that i can say, that i like this movie as much as the first one but for very different reasons.
½ November 17, 2017
Even though this film is fun and entertaining, but it doesn't have the feeling and the violents of the first film but overall what a fun and good film I like it.
October 14, 2017
Do you know that feeling wen you saw a movie that you liked OK but you much more interest in a sequel and how the story continues. So you think about all the possibilities which comes after some years, you got the idea to write a fan fiction.

Then you go to the cinema to see the sequel and it's your story just dumb and boring.
I just saw Kick-Ass 2 and that is exactly that happened to me but with a much worse end.
And this movie is a bit more tamed unfortunately.
½ October 12, 2017
Sequels like "Ouija: Origin of Evil" and "Hellboy II: The Golden Army" managed to do something rare, they built and elevated the potentiality that their predecessor had, which was wasted. Well, in "Kick-Ass ", the situation is exactly the opposite. The first "Kick-Ass" was awesome, a greatly developed universe and a hell of revisionist an action movie. "Kick-Ass 2" gives the characters and the new plot completely away and gives a boring, illogical, sometimes rushed, sometimes lazy, generic story, which excluded everything good in the first movie.
½ October 7, 2017
R-rated comic book fun, not a masterpiece but a very fun movie! Mother Russia has to be in my top-3 favorite over-the-top characters of all time!
½ October 2, 2017
It's charming and witty when it wants to be, with loads of terrifically intense and comedic scene. Kick-Ass 2 is just about as much fun as its predecessor if you can survive its bloody and ridiculous overall approach.
October 1, 2017
I want to see the movie
½ September 29, 2017
Mathew Vaughn does not seem to be able to keep sequel on the same level as the original film
September 23, 2017
Made me feel more uncomfortable than anything. I like ths first, but this was just... nothing. Matthew Vaughn is not good at making sequels.