Kick-Ass 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kick-Ass 2 Reviews

½ July 29, 2016
My 100th film at the cinema, Kick Ass 2 and to be honest I expected more after the brilliant first one, They seemed to suck all the fun out of what made the first great, It's just too serious that's not to say there's no fun to be had, The action scenes were great and well done but there were too many down times, Jim Carrey was great but under used, It's entertaining but not as good as the first or as fun.
July 23, 2016
Extender una buena idea casi nunca da buenos resultados y esta no es la excepción aun así el resultado es una buena película con elementos realmente buenos.
July 22, 2016
***
It doesn't have the style and flair Matthew Vaughn brought to the table, but Kick Ass 2 is a fun summer action comedy, with jokes that aren't better than the original, but certainly aren't worse.
July 19, 2016
like it,based on the comic but its more realistic,hoping the 3rd sequel came soon
½ July 18, 2016
Back in 2010, "Kick Ass" was a controversial film that received praise from general audiences, but overall was a box-office bomb but due to strong home media numbers, a sequel went into production. But after a three year gap, can Kick Ass achieve the same praise from audiences and gain the same cult status with a sequel? Can a sequel to satire and a controversial film be any good?
After the events of the first film, Dave´s actions have inspired a new wave of costume freaks, so now with new allies, Kick Ass can patrol the streets without sacrificing his social life. Meanwhile Chris D'Amico is plotting his revenge against Kick Ass as he is also finding new allies.
When you set yourself to make a sequel to a controversial box-office bomb that achieved a moderate cult following, you will most likely fail and that's the case with this sequel. "Kick Ass 2" counts with directing that tries too hard to imitate the first film, acting that´s a little hammy but passable, new characters that don't make any impression (why the hell is Jim Carrey here? His character is the most unnecessary), a script that feels so rushed as many elements of the film could have been streamlined, it has big tonal problems as it can go from cartoonish and pandering campy moments to brutal moments in the turn of a dime, the genre mixing (from your standard chick flick to "The Warriors" like style) is good on paper but in execution is a mess at they don't flow naturally, the attempts at comedy are embarrassingly bad, the overall violence/"shocking" visuals don't surprise anymore as we have already seen it, and the editing is one of the worst I´ve ever seen as it's so poorly done that it never feels that the three storylines belong in the same movie and it creates major pacing issues. The only storyline I enjoyed was the Hit Girl chick flick stuff as it is somewhat amusing to witness this peculiar "Superman 2" depowering, while the MotherFucker´s storyline drags and tries too hard to be funny and the Kick Ass one is just a "The Warriors" wannabe that it fails to leave an impact.
"Kick Ass 2" is one of the most embarrassing bad sequels I have seen in a while. It is desperate, rushed, nonsensical, poorly directed and overall laughable. Another example that proves a sequel to satire can't be done.
July 17, 2016
Do I go to film hell if I liked this better than the original?
July 10, 2016
Total bust. Enough said.
½ July 9, 2016
Surprisingly dumb and unfunny, Kick-Ass 2 might be a sequel that a lot of people wanted, but without Matthew Vaughn directing, well then you might as well stay home and watch the first Kick-Ass again.

Grade: D
July 1, 2016
Decent sequel that does not quite reach the level of fun the original film did. It's particularly disturbing how similar Hit-Girls storyline is to the Carrie sequel, which also starred Moretz. Some of the new characters are fun and show promise, but we don't get to know them very well. The action is pretty gory again but not quite as spectacular as in part one. Entertaining but not quite the riot one could have hoped for.
June 21, 2016
Enjoyable, and solid sequel to Kick-Ass, but it does feel more like "Kick-ass 1.5" than the second in the series. The world has been opened up for further exploration, but it hasn't been properly exploited I feel. What you really have is just more violence, more vulgarity, more style but little of the brains or substance that it promises. The first one was fun, alot of its violence was within reason (probably not, but at least it had a sense of timing and wit), and had a satirical edge and was generally welcoming various ideas and questions to be posed and discussed. This film is just too simplistic in its execution.
½ June 6, 2016
No exaggeration, this was wayyy better than Iron Man 3 or The Dark Knight Rises. Filled with bloody action, great acting, and well done story plot. Realistic as a super hero could possibly get. I recommend this film to anyone who wants to see some action this year. Seriously loved it! Not sure why the critics rated this a 29%, worth watching
½ May 28, 2016
There's no comedy to be found or a story, at-least the first one had a bit comedy despite it not having a good story.
May 21, 2016
Some plot points were obviously foreshadowed, but I took it as satire to generic superhero flicks. The humor kept the laughing and the actions kept me on the edge of my seat. Oh, and whoever thought of Remembering Tommy is a genius, now every time I Look at my Blu-rays and see Kick-Ass 2, I die laughing. I'm not a huge fan of the ending, but enjoyed this film.
May 16, 2016
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Terrible writing, terrible story line just terrible
½ May 3, 2016
Kick-Ass 2

Kick-Ass 2 is a disappointing and uninspired sequel that offers nothing new to the genre which is surprising due to the fact that it's predecessor focused on just that.

Rating: 6.8 (C+)
½ April 30, 2016
Wasn't as good as the original and the movie had a few major flaws (One of them being the Union J product placement) but I enjoyed the film nonetheless.
½ April 27, 2016
The original Kick-Ass was a unique twist on superheroes and made a huge splash. Because of this Kick-Ass 2 has a lot to live up to. Quite frankly, it cannot and does not live up to it. The realism factor is still present, but a second go around for something that is already unique is not unique.
April 21, 2016
Not as good as the original, maybe this movie tries a little bit too hard to be realistic, which deviates from what this movie's good in.
½ April 21, 2016
Kick-Ass 2 is just as kick-ass as the first movie.