Kick-Ass 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kick-Ass 2 Reviews

January 22, 2016
I picked up a copy of this from the library. I sorry but Mindy has completely change in this film. She gave up what she like to please Markus. Motherfucker is the sloppiest villain I have ever seen.
January 19, 2016
Not better than the first Kick Ass, but still a fun movie.
January 16, 2016
Better than the first... I laughed till my eyes watered
½ January 11, 2016
Started off strong, but then it got all high school drama and fizzled into some sort of garbage.
½ January 7, 2016
This movie was funny but wasn't very good coming from the second one
December 29, 2015
Kick ass is back with even more ridiculous super including dr.gravity, night bitch and colonel Stars and Stripes fighting red mist reborn as the motherf*cker and his group of super villains. There's still parts as good as the original but I can't even explain how ridiculous this is
½ December 25, 2015
Didn't quite have the magic of the first film but if you enjoyed the first you will still like this one.
December 23, 2015
Good action scenes, decent pace and interesting characters. Nice colorful, slick film.
December 21, 2015
Hardcore fans of the original may find some fun in Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Chloe Grace Mortez's performances, but overall it's an underwhelming sequel that does not live up to it's predecessor.
December 19, 2015
This might be the most hated movie I have ever read reviews on. Of course, the original was better, but kick ass 2 does an admirable job of sticking with the general tone that made the original so great. It's jokes fall flat at times, and it's plot definitely has a few holes, but the action scenes and the acting by everyone lifts this movie to above average. Jim Carey does a fantastic job of essentially playing the originals Nick Cage and he gives a unique performance for himself by not going over the top, but being a total badass instead. This movie is definitely worth watching, but realize that it is an inferior movie
½ December 15, 2015
I thought a sequel to Kick-Ass was really unnecessary but I think people who like comic book movies will still like this. Chloe Grace Moretz is still awesome.
December 13, 2015
This movie was full of to many plot holes, and supporting characters that nobody cared about, a much lesser movie than the sequel, it was full of to much violence and not enough substance.
December 11, 2015
Decent sequel to the amazing Kick-Ass, but nowhere near as fun.

The violence was taken up a notch, as well as the viciousness. Lots of good character development though, which was surprising.

Action was great, although at times there was too much going on so it was hard to keep track of certain characters.

Still, a pretty decent outing.
December 5, 2015
Jim Carrey is fantastic though I wish his screen time was longer. I didn't see the first Kickass but I had fun with it despite the crude humor that went way too long.
December 3, 2015
Wow! A fun sequel that loses some charm that the original film had loads of.
December 3, 2015
By failing to put together an idiotic slapstick humor and the graphic violence that characterized the first film, the result is an irregular sequel that, even though sometimes exciting and able to make you laugh, is unnecessary and never on par with the excellence of that movie.
½ November 29, 2015
If only Matthew Vaughn had directed Kick Ass 2. He expertly managed to blend ultra-violence and tongue-in-cheek irony to produce a smart, shocking but uniquely entertaining film. Such audacious filmmaking is clearly a hard balance to strike as Wadlow demonstrates with his ham-fisted mess of a sequel. He literally doesn't know what film he wants to make; in parts it's a scatological low-brow comedy, others practically a remake of Mean Girls, full of teen angst and coming of age melodramas and then at others a brutally savage revenge pic. The cast try their best to imbue some credibility to proceedings, but such sudden lurges in tone from jokes about (quite literally) poo-guns to witnessing the main character's father being brutally executed makes Kick Ass 2 at best unwatchable rubbish but at worst a thoroughly nasty, unpleasant movie.
½ November 26, 2015
A hollow and a times desperate shadow of its predecessor with more mean spirited humour and darker violence, ultimately failing to live up to replicate the original in every place it counts.
November 20, 2015
Why do people hate on this movie? It's really good and much better than the first one! So why is it hated?
November 16, 2015
Waste of a good cast with good chemistry