Kick-Ass 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kick-Ass 2 Reviews

½ September 27, 2016
I know this movie got a lot of hate because it wasn't as good as the first but honestly I loved the shit out of it. The story is pretty simple, The Motherfucker is awesome and Jim Carrey as Colonel Stars and Stripes is just Kick Ass. I absolutely loved the first Kick Ass and for my money number 2 didn't disappoint either. Extremely low rated movie especially for Kick-Ass.
September 3, 2016
Even though people are hating on this movie, I kinda want to see it.
August 28, 2016
"Kick-Ass 2" isn't as kick-ass as its predecessor despite having a good message.
August 26, 2016
Thought this movie had potential
½ August 26, 2016
Not a great sequel but a decent one! the action and the gore was well done and it it fairly funny as well but not as hilarious as kick ass 1
½ August 15, 2016
Somehow, this sequel manages to make the first one look tame. Kick-Ass 2 goes completely all out on violence, swearing and murder without so much as batting an eye. All of this is done while staying funny and entertaining, even if everything else is all over the place. Chloe Grace-Moretz will likely be an A-list actress by the end of a big year for her, and her crass and bravado portrayal of Hit Girl will be a big reason. It preaches justice and honor, but there is little human decency to be found at all. That said, there's so much jaw-dropping chaos to eclipse that ideology, it may have been intended to have the opposite meaning. Kick-Ass 2 is a mess; a bloody, edge of your seat, loud and awesome mess.
½ August 12, 2016
It's a pretty good movie as sequels go. Not as good as the first, but by no means a bad movie.
August 10, 2016
Pretty awful, bland affair. No mystery to what happens when a girl who's obviously not normal is tried to be made normal. Asinine premise on which a healthy portion of the movie was wasted. This movie could have been great. It wasn't even good.
August 7, 2016
Huge disappointment. Kickass the first was amazing and very true to the comic. This second was more a mockery. So sad :/
½ July 31, 2016
160731: I've wanted to watch this film for years, often thinking about putting down the cash and picking it up. A Netflix account finally made it too hard to pass by again. Sadly, Kick-Ass 2 is a weak follow-up to an absolute classic comic and movie. Kick-Ass kicked ass but Kick-Ass 2 offers little and will soon be forgotten.
½ July 30, 2016
There is a point at which intentionally far fetched films produce a point of diminishing return...Kick Ass 2 stretches far beyond this point and It's entertainment value is thus limited.
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
My 100th film at the cinema, Kick Ass 2 and to be honest I expected more after the brilliant first one, They seemed to suck all the fun out of what made the first great, It's just too serious that's not to say there's no fun to be had, The action scenes were great and well done but there were too many down times, Jim Carrey was great but under used, It's entertaining but not as good as the first or as fun.
July 23, 2016
Extender una buena idea casi nunca da buenos resultados y esta no es la excepción aun así el resultado es una buena película con elementos realmente buenos.
July 22, 2016
***
It doesn't have the style and flair Matthew Vaughn brought to the table, but Kick Ass 2 is a fun summer action comedy, with jokes that aren't better than the original, but certainly aren't worse.
July 19, 2016
like it,based on the comic but its more realistic,hoping the 3rd sequel came soon
½ July 18, 2016
Back in 2010, "Kick Ass" was a controversial film that received praise from general audiences, but overall was a box-office bomb but due to strong home media numbers, a sequel went into production. But after a three year gap, can Kick Ass achieve the same praise from audiences and gain the same cult status with a sequel? Can a sequel to satire and a controversial film be any good?
After the events of the first film, Dave´s actions have inspired a new wave of costume freaks, so now with new allies, Kick Ass can patrol the streets without sacrificing his social life. Meanwhile Chris D'Amico is plotting his revenge against Kick Ass as he is also finding new allies.
When you set yourself to make a sequel to a controversial box-office bomb that achieved a moderate cult following, you will most likely fail and that's the case with this sequel. "Kick Ass 2" counts with directing that tries too hard to imitate the first film, acting that´s a little hammy but passable, new characters that don't make any impression (why the hell is Jim Carrey here? His character is the most unnecessary), a script that feels so rushed as many elements of the film could have been streamlined, it has big tonal problems as it can go from cartoonish and pandering campy moments to brutal moments in the turn of a dime, the genre mixing (from your standard chick flick to "The Warriors" like style) is good on paper but in execution is a mess at they don't flow naturally, the attempts at comedy are embarrassingly bad, the overall violence/"shocking" visuals don't surprise anymore as we have already seen it, and the editing is one of the worst I´ve ever seen as it's so poorly done that it never feels that the three storylines belong in the same movie and it creates major pacing issues. The only storyline I enjoyed was the Hit Girl chick flick stuff as it is somewhat amusing to witness this peculiar "Superman 2" depowering, while the MotherFucker´s storyline drags and tries too hard to be funny and the Kick Ass one is just a "The Warriors" wannabe that it fails to leave an impact.
"Kick Ass 2" is one of the most embarrassing bad sequels I have seen in a while. It is desperate, rushed, nonsensical, poorly directed and overall laughable. Another example that proves a sequel to satire can't be done.
July 17, 2016
Do I go to film hell if I liked this better than the original?
July 10, 2016
Total bust. Enough said.
½ July 9, 2016
Surprisingly dumb and unfunny, Kick-Ass 2 might be a sequel that a lot of people wanted, but without Matthew Vaughn directing, well then you might as well stay home and watch the first Kick-Ass again.

Grade: D
July 1, 2016
Decent sequel that does not quite reach the level of fun the original film did. It's particularly disturbing how similar Hit-Girls storyline is to the Carrie sequel, which also starred Moretz. Some of the new characters are fun and show promise, but we don't get to know them very well. The action is pretty gory again but not quite as spectacular as in part one. Entertaining but not quite the riot one could have hoped for.