Kick the Moon (Shinlaui dalbam) Reviews

• Jun 28, 2009

An average post-high school flick in which tables are turned upside down resulting in slapstick comic fare

• Mar 04, 2008

A bit of an oddball movie- it doesn't fit into a specific genre. It's funny in many parts but not a comedy; it has some romance but it isn't a romance; it has a lot of fighting but isn't really an action movie. At heart the movie is about two men and their friendship and rivalry, from their days in high school until their present days as adults. One of them was a wild youth, a high school icon who was always fighting and drinking; he has grown up to be a teacher. The other was a social outcast, an excellent student who has grown up to be a highly successful gangster. Despite this their personalities haven't changed much, and much of the comedy and drama plays off this seeming mismatch of their personalities and career choices. The gangster returns to town to begin a hostile takeover in the area for his gang. He quickly bumps into his old schoolmate, the teacher. The two of them begin a rivalry over a woman with a mind of her own, who has a brother that is one of the teacher's student's but just happens to want to join up with a gang. Now add in a backdrop of a potential gang war, police investigation, students running amok, and you've got Kick the Moon.

• Dec 26, 2007

An average Korean flick that has some nice moments thrown in here and there. Although there were some cheesy scenes where I couldn't help but shake my head, there was something charming about this movie that made me like it more than I should've.

• Dec 04, 2007

Hilarious!! Lovely woman between two totally different dudes.

Hilarious!! Lovely woman between two totally different dudes.

• Nov 14, 2007

I understand it's a pretty hard title to translate, but how does it turn into "Kick the Moon"?! Pretty average Korean film in my opinion.