Kickboxer 3: The Art of War - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

½ September 30, 2015
"Oh - Please"

**** 1/4

This Movie Got A Lot Of Air Time Back In The Early 90's On The Movie Channels
(Hope Sasha Mitchell Got Syndication Royalties)
& As A Martial Arts Buff I Watched It My Fair Share.
The Rival Kick Boxer That David Sloan Is Up Against Is A Bad Brazilian Attitude Boxer That Looks Like A Swayze...
(It Always Makes Me Laugh When David Jumps In The Ring)
(After Martine Demolished An Underdog That David Was)
(Coaching In An Expedition Fight. The Match Is About To)
(Start Early But They Get Pulled Apart & Martine Starts To) (Snarl At David Ready To Get It On!)
His Boss Frank Is A Mob Ridden Human Trafficking Gambling Gangster. He Knows That The Champ Looks Good In The Ring, But His Boy Looks Pretty Darn Good Too, & He's Gonna Give The Champ A Real Run For His Money.
Feeling The Pressure By Other Prominent Mob Gamblers To Make A Bet For All That He Has Frank Is Determined To Do Anything Possible To Make Sure David Losses The Fight When He Gets In The Ring.
For A Straight To Dvd B Movie Or As It Was Said Back Then, Straight To Video, This Martial Arts Film Was Pretty Decent. Sure It Had Scenes Were Some Of The Viewers Said...
"Oh - Please"
(Like The Water Fall Scene)
("Ow -- My Words")
(The Body & The Mind Don't Always Travel Together)
But For A B Grade Movie Of This Style I Thought It Was Entertaining Enough To Keep It Playing A Few Times.

~

I Give This Film A B - (Bright) **** 1/4
July 31, 2014
Isn't that Cody from "Step by Step"?
September 20, 2013
Everything you might expect from a Kickboxer sequel is here. David Sloane, exotic locations, and trainer Xien are all here. I want to remind everyone of the warehouse shootout to rescue Eric Sloane in the original that helps the mansion shoot out in this sequel to not feel completely out of place in a movie called Kickboxer.
What is thoroughly missing in art of war is Tong Po and any memorable music. Not that the music here is bad it actually fits the setting quite well but like I said ultimately forgettable. The fight choreography is about on par with the second movie in the series though filmed better and the slow motion effects are handled much better here.
February 1, 2013
Sloan travels to Brazil for an exhibition and helps out a couple streetkids, one of whom is abducted for human traffic--coincidently by the man who is his opponent's manager. Again, Sloan is forced to defend and make a moral stand in and out of the ring. Rio de Janeiro at least provides a change of scenery for this series.
½ November 7, 2012
the film is obviously direct to video because its poor story development and action scenes are quite bad. playing out like the endless Bloodsport sequels we yet again have to sit through a movie which thinks mixing what made the original so good with action scenes is beyond me. the kickboxer series took a very bad turn here. while the original films where about fighting this film is action with some fighting mixed in. the only good scene is the ending fight scene but even that is badly staged.
Sasha Mitchell worked hard to get into shape for the fighting but it is all for nothing and the only thing that saves this from rock bottom is the fact the next film is really bad. They clearly should have stopped at number two but like all things they must milk it for every last dollar.
the filmmaking is just bad, the score is terrible and the acting, writing is appalling. give this a miss if you can there is nothing of merit here
August 16, 2012
The trailer makes it worth seeing :D.
½ June 27, 2010
Pretty good storyline roled into the Kickboxer, some great action scenes.
May 13, 2010
the movie you must see!! kickboxer 3..
April 26, 2010
Why David Sloan looked like totally a different person than he was in the prequel? And the film itself also started getting lame.
January 19, 2010
thought the movie was good nice fight moves
½ January 3, 2010
After making a bad sequal to kickboxer, why make a third movie, and why did I bother to see it.
December 11, 2009
three down two to go!
December 3, 2009
Sloan becomes a real hero in this one, liberation and all! lukely there is still a fight, set up as usual but oke. Xian is even more funny, the kid 2! great classic!(seen twice)
August 19, 2009
Hi every one am from africa, i would like to meet friends from around the world. you can call me on +2348038996435 am a good guy ok. cheers
August 19, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
August 14, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
½ August 14, 2009
I always like karate movies no matter how stupid the story is
August 6, 2009
i was a very interesting movie i liked the entire production
July 29, 2009
I like to see this movie
½ May 24, 2009
Not nearly as bad as people say. It has an interesting story, Sasha Mitchell has always been great in the fight scenes, and the way the bad guy tortures him is interesting.