The Kid & I - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Kid & I Reviews

December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
November 4, 2012
Let me set the record straight...The Kid & I is not a good movie. In fact it does almost everything wrong. There is little comedy. The message is muddy. The acting is cringe worthy. Yet for everything that is wrong it is saved by the novelty. Yes critics will bad mouth it just to keep their reputation as cinematic snobs who can only praise movies like Citizen Kane and Casablanca but The Kid & I works because it is a real story. A little background. Eric Gores the actor who plays Aaron Roman really has Cerebral Palsy. He really wanted to be an actor. He really is a fan of the movie True Lies an his father really hired Tom Arnold to write and film a movie with his son. The plot is almost a carbon copy of reality just add a suicidal Arnold. While it will never be hailed for its brilliance (think Adaptation) The Kid & I is a compelling and heartfelt. Hollywood usually is all about ME. What can I get out of it! But for once Hollywood set its ego aside and did something for someone else and it worked.
½ July 25, 2011
not really sure how i feel about this one, it had its funny moments lol
March 21, 2011
Anybody, can do whatever they want as long as they put there mind to it. You go kid!
February 9, 2011
Tom Arnold in a Penelope Spheeris movie? Thought she was better than that.
January 23, 2010
Something I did not expect would be as good as it was. Tom Arnold basically makes fun of himself. There are plenty of mentions of the movie True Lies. The mental disability Cerebral palsy is addressed by having the kid in the move played by someone with it. It makes for a different movie and it does have some good moments as well as a notable cast. The cameos at the end include Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jamie Lee Curtis. It is interesting to note that Linda Hamilton is also in the picture. Overall, if you like Tom Arnold you definitely will like this movie.
June 22, 2009
As strange as the story behind it makes it seem. The Kid is actually a very good actor, and the movie never condescends to making him into a non-character. Sort of sweet and likable.
March 15, 2009
I'm in it briefly but have never seen. :)
February 10, 2009
scenes arent good.looks like an documentry.but i love the story and jokes are great.a little bit a parody.and acting is good.very enjoyable.and speical actors are great.i was very surprised when...well i cant tell you the end.
October 21, 2008
─?ista petica zbog humanog karaktera filma.. ne─?emo o kvaliteti :)
½ August 13, 2008
Adorable movie. Very funny and charming. Very real and honest yet touching. Eric's fantastic!
½ April 24, 2008
The story was alright at the beginning, but then how confusing it became.
April 12, 2008
light-hearted good moral story. i watched it because im curious about how they merge fiction and fact. quite amusing. i think the most life-like person is penelope herself, so raw.

moral of the story in the movie: everyone can be a hero (as long as the hero's father is a billionaire)
½ February 21, 2008
This movie confused me greatly. Is it a true story? Based on a true story? Based on the making of a true story? If I knew more of the premise I think I would have enjoyed it more. It was a well made doc (or mock) umentary that should have gotten a bit more coverage if it was real. If it was a mockumentary, it was pretty poor. Glad to see Tom Arnold at his cringeworthy usual self though.
January 16, 2008
yeah i know ,the movie poster looks cool and everything...but a retard wanna be actor who watch 'true lyes ' all the time,and his parrents don't know what to do with the money they buy him his own movie and some hot chicks...u gotta be joking..the hole movie was a big crappy joke for all mentally disorder people...what they were thinking...
December 30, 2007
this was released on DVD?? should've been a TV film...
November 9, 2007
Errm, why??
Mananged to watch all of it, a TV film at best, wouldnt advise any one to pay to watch this.
October 20, 2007
Cute and touching movie - but it was weird and seemed like it was made just like the movie in the movie...if that makes sense...
August 18, 2007
Worth finding and watching!
August 14, 2007
its has relly good moments and is so funny!