A Kid for Two Farthings Reviews

• Mar 24, 2017

lovely fantasy comedy. a young boy thinks he has a unicorn which will bring luck to his family and loved ones

• Mar 10, 2016

I remember this film as a child. YEsterday some chap from the BFI was talking about a public vote for films that should be re-released. I thought of this film. I was only slightloy older than the main (child) role when i saw this so it is a bit sketchy for me. I cannot find it online but if you can, you may well enjoy it with your children. I agree that it is typically bourgeois and atypically so for a story set in the East End but hey ho, that was the way of things when Britain used its film industry for propaganda - as the Yanks still do.

• Nov 04, 2015

After "The Third Man" and "Odd Man Out," Carol Reed scales down and focuses on a small boy and a horned goat in poor Post War London. Superbly written and acted, but far too British to get any exposure on this side of the pond. Director Julian Temple used the same camera style in 1986's "Absolute Beginners." A quiet understated masterpiece.

• Feb 14, 2015

A kind of urban fairy tale, set in the East End's famous Petticoat Lane market. A little corny, but Carol Reed's direction, plus a fine cast and beautiful colour photography make for a charming diversion.

• May 23, 2010

delightful story amazing cast.

delightful story amazing cast.

• Jun 26, 2009

BEAUTIFUL CHARMING FILM ABOUT THE INNOCENCE AND MAGIC OF CHILDHOOD..

BEAUTIFUL CHARMING FILM ABOUT THE INNOCENCE AND MAGIC OF CHILDHOOD..

• Sarah B Super Reviewer
    May 15, 2009

Lovely film about a boy with an overactive imagination who improves the lives of the people around him: spoiler it's not the unicorn who grants the wishes, it's the boy's influence. Beautiful stuff, just erratic. Not Carol Reed's finest, but a fascinating precursor to his masterpiece: Oliver!

• May 15, 2009

• Mar 11, 2009

wow umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a really good british movie 2 watch..its got a great cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie..i think that celia johnson, diana dors, david kossoff, joe robinson play good parts throughout this movie...its a good 1950's movie..i think that the director of this Drama, Comedy, Kids & Family movie had done a really good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie..its got a great cast..i think that "the unicorn" was really kewl in this movie..its a good movie 2 watch

• Nov 06, 2008

I love this movie - the atmosphere of the working class outdoor market street is incredible, and the sounds of the street are audible in many of the interior sequences to keep the mood going. Mr. Kandinsky is a beautiful character. It's an underrated gem.