A Kid in King Arthur's Court - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Kid in King Arthur's Court Reviews

½ June 10, 2018
I actually liked it and have fond memories of it.
March 19, 2018
It was great! Really liked those rollerskates.
December 12, 2017
I saw this film an hour ago, and cant recall one damn thing! it conceit was silly to begin with and it did nothing to live that down! If this dreck has an age group thank God it ain't me! With plot hoes big enough to driver a tanker truck through! Like Why this kid, Why/how did Merlin become a reflection in a well? He can summon a scared baseball player through time, but he has to live as an apparition in a well YOUR BLEEPIN MERLIN fix it! Why Does King Arthur look like the king from Spaceballs? Who was this for, little children may not understand it, Teens will sprain their pupil's rolling their eyes at it and any adult watching this better be forced to in the waiting room of the dentist office! This was bad folks!
½ March 23, 2017
A fun take on the classic Mark Twain story. It's much better than its reviews would indicate. (First viewing - Late childhood)
October 27, 2016
It is not very interesting film in it very little of that good
May 8, 2016
The character Calvin is a major wimp, and there's not much to like about the rest of this film!
½ March 20, 2016
I can describe it in one crappy pun: It Joust sucks
jjnxn
½ March 12, 2016
Silly spin on A Connecticut Yankee wastes a good cast. It's two biggest names, Kate Winslet and Daniel Craig, were just starting out so both are relegated to the sidelines for most of the film.
½ January 26, 2015
So lame, stupid, and unfunny that any word I could use to describe how lame, stupid, and unfunny it is wouldn't accurately describe how lame, stupid, and unfunny it is. Sorry Daniel Craig.
August 20, 2014
An aggressively unambitious and dull film that is not substantial enough to work as a film and is not fun enough to give to children as a diversion.
August 16, 2014
I grew up watching this movie and love it!! A great family entertainment :)
July 5, 2014
Forgettable kid fair that never really develops into anything interesting
June 15, 2014
A film that has aged about as well as left out goat cheese.
December 22, 2013
lame rehashing of this storyline poor king arthur he must be sick of all the people who end up at his court!
July 22, 2013
one day I will venture back
½ April 4, 2013
A run of the muck of family movie cliques that never amounts to anything. Even for the kids its a mess of unoriginality but somehow it has Daniel Craig before he became Bond. Skyfall it is not
January 27, 2013
cool movie but confusing. in the end was Katey and the king really there because if you think about it Calvin was the only one who able to see and talk to merlin. therefore they weren't able to go to the future to where Calvin is.

leading to my theory of Calvin day dreaming on the bench at the baseball game (keep in mind he is a bench warmer)
So are Katey and the king are just normal people at the game that he so happens fantasize about?

ps : James bond and the american pie dude are in this!! wtf!!
½ January 22, 2013
I remember seeing this when I was a really young kid, but I seriously don't remember Daniel Craig being in it...
January 16, 2013
"A Kid in King Arthur's Court" is a comedy that isn't very bright that might please very young children but even then they'll likely find themselves not caring about the plot. The biggest problem with the film is that the humour and written is incredibly lazy and typical of the late 80's/90's young teen action adventure films. "Calvin" constantly makes lame pop culture references and bad jokes (I fell for the oldest trick in the book! Then again, since I'm here maybe it's the newest trick!) and it actually gets frustrating seeing the pattern repeat itself: first he is bewildered by something medieval, he makes a reference to something in the present and nobody knows what he's talking about except for the audience. Most of the time the knights and ladies of King Arthur's court don't even act like they should, mostly ignoring the time-traveller while a generic plot about an evil lord trying to steal the kingdom plays out. The action is very poorly choreographed (you can really easily tell that Joss Ackland is not very adept with a sword) and there's just sense of wonder or imagination considering this teenager has just been transported to a land of wizards and knights. There's a dual love plot introduced that will really bore children and if you're an adult watching you'll be amazed at the lazy conclusion (including a scene where someone clearly doesn't understand how a cd player works). It's bottom-of-the-barrel entertainment for kids that might be harmless but it's also lame and dumb. (VHS, January 15, 2013)
December 29, 2012
A very good teen movie thats fun to watch.