Kiki's Delivery Service - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kiki's Delivery Service Reviews

½ February 25, 2016
Kiki la petite sorcière est, à l'image du précédent film de Miyazaki Mon Voisin Totoro, un film qui n'a pas besoin d'une intrigue conventionnelle avec une héroïne et un bad guy comme Nausicaa et Laputa. Au contraire, Kiki la petite sorcière est un coming-of-age movie, tout ce qu'il y a de plus touchant, avec les habituelles intrusions de féerie dans un monde qui ressemble au notre inhérentes à l'oeuvre de Miyazaki, les personnages attachants comme Jiji le chat ou Tombo et les péripéties toujours drôle d'un personnage principal pour une fois réussi (là où Nausicaa et Sheeta étaient particulièrement agaçantes). Miyazaki rentre alors dans une période particulièrement faste de sa carrière et une certaine maîtrise de son art, que ce soit visuellement ou narrativement.
February 23, 2016
Another masterwork from Hayao Miyazaki. What more is there to say? Miyazaki is a filmmaker for all time. None of his films inhabit a single time or space, they transcend time, and exist as pure movie magic. Not too mention they're also visually wondrous from the word 'go'.
½ February 14, 2016
Kiki's Delivery Service is a really fun and enjoyable Miyazaki film. If you know Miyazaki at all, you know you're going to get a great experience from him pretty much every time.
February 11, 2016
While its pace is a little too slow for its own good it is still a wonderful movie with often beautiful looking animation and a very likable story about the coming of age of a young girl. Particularly it is so wonderful to watch a Miyazaki flying scene as his love of flight gives all the scenes a sense of wonder
February 8, 2016
Wonderful movie about a girl witch. I loved the movie.
January 27, 2016
I didn't love Kiki's delivery service as much as I thought I would. Hayao Miyazaki is a great director of animation but I much prefer the more fantastical and bizarre studio Ghibli films, this one seems a little tame in that sense. I still loved it though, particularly little Jiji who stole every scene!
½ January 22, 2016
Its relaxing take on a young witch's life is well-deserved, as Miyazaki focuses more on character-driven, heartwarming storytelling than his usual adventuresome taste.
January 22, 2016
Hayao Miyazaki does a magnificent film yet again. The flow and storyline was absolutely brilliant. There's never a dry moment.
½ January 1, 2016
another piece of my nostalgia this movie is a masterpiece of animation with brilliant writing and great characters not to mention it takes its audience very seriously this is in my opinion the ultimate coming of age story about a young witch finding her place in the world
December 29, 2015
Studio Ghibli have left me with high expectations. This is not their best but it's still quite good, just not as weird as usual.
November 23, 2015
This is one of the most special movies I've ever seen. It is so fun to watch, Phil Hartman is cynical as he is funny, even I enjoyed Kirsten Dunst which I normally hate, the animation is majestic. It's just so heartwarming for my taste
November 11, 2015
Miyazaki delivers another great animated delight for young and old viewers.
September 25, 2015
Vermakelijk Japans en zoals gewoonlijk van Gibli: prachtig!
½ September 9, 2015
77%
Saw this on 9/9/15
Kiki's Delivery service is simple but better than Howl's Moving Castle, but fails to outlive the margins created by Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. kiki's well intended drama and visual effects keeps it afloat, but it's lifeless ending is still an eye sore.
½ September 2, 2015
Every now and then, you come across a film that stands out as a truly imaginative work of art in its right, and this film is exactly that kind of film. It charts a young girl's journey to through adolescence in a city that seems very strange and unwelcoming at first. Come to think of it, the city in this film represents a lot of things. The city is perhaps the best possible metaphor for adolescence, in that it seems exciting at first, then it smacks you around in every possible way until you learn to overcome it. I also find it rather interesting that the producers opted to incorporate witches into the film. At first that might seem abstract, but it suddenly makes sense when Kiki's magical powers begin to wane. At that point, it becomes very clear that in this film, magic is a metaphor for one's spirit and zest for life. In my view, her loss of magic seems to be a metaphor for the weight of the world crushing her spirit, but when she is given a reason to act, she eventually gains her powers back as her confidence is restored, and this to me is a definitive point in the film because it represents her will overcoming despair, and that made the ending all the more satisfying and meaningful. All the characters in the movie are endearing in their own way, though Kiki herself stands out as a very unique heroine. She's naïve and inexperienced, but she exudes the kind of independent spirit that I feel Hollywood's contemporary representation of women lacks. Lastly, I should comment on the animation. This film has some of the best animation in movie history, and it has such an exquisite visual quality that it outclasses several Disney films. I'm very confident that this heart-warming and beautifully crafted film is sure to win over viewers of all ages.
August 12, 2015
A beautiful film in every way, about the transition and development of a young witch. One of Miyazaki's best films, even if the animation is dated. And the music!! Magical.
August 3, 2015
Another good Miyazaki film. Very simple liked the witch element to it to where it once again shows Miyazaki's love of things in the sky.
½ July 19, 2015
A light and cutesy little film that will be loved by kids and enjoyed by adults who can accept the film's almost overbearingly benevolent nature.
July 17, 2015
A slice of life anime that has an irresistible warmth, riveting drama and exquisite animation. Only problem is the English dub sounds like most characters are speaking through a fan.Other than that its a total atmospheric feel good movie
½ July 3, 2015
An uplifting story of innocence, kindness and stamina through the eyes of a charming young girl.