Kiki's Delivery Service - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kiki's Delivery Service Reviews

Film C.
½ June 25, 2016
Kirsten Dunst doesn't suit for the 2nd English dub version. I hate English dubs.
½ June 16, 2016
A fun family film that brings you on a journey with Kiki and her cat as they try to find their place in the world. The story is great for families, while the pacing can be viewed as slow to some I found it quite good. The American voice talent is great and continues a long line of great voice casts by the studio.
June 6, 2016
This film highlights those special moments in one's life as they grow up and learn what it means to be alive. A great film for adults and children. This film takes us through a fun journey to a very climactic ending. A fun show for children but adults will take to heart the conversation between Ursula and Kiki as well as see into their own lives in many scenes. The portrayal of real life in Miyazaki's films is what makes them beautiful. Adults can relate to Osono and Bertha while reflecting on childhood crushes or the time they were a spoiled brat. This film also has subliminal messages showing the treatment of poor people in a rich consumerist society. I must praise Miyazaki for the real life in his films and to apply real life to fantasy worlds. This is a must watch film for all ages.
May 28, 2016
During my childhood, I enjoy to watch this movie along with Spirited Away and The Secret World Of Arrietty
April 21, 2016
A touching beautifully animated tale from the mind of Miyazaki.
March 31, 2016
My childhood has peaked by seeing this film, i'm in route one is cloudy raining sunny. Anytime of the day I put on on my VHS, I watch Kiki's delivery service over and over again. This is my first found I have her seen by Miyazaki. I was five when I first found this film. The lion King was the first, and this is my first anime film I have ever my seen. The best of the best always gets to me.

Grade
9/10
½ March 9, 2016
solid movie awesome animation but not one of the better Miyazaki movies
½ February 25, 2016
Kiki la petite sorcière est, à l'image du précédent film de Miyazaki Mon Voisin Totoro, un film qui n'a pas besoin d'une intrigue conventionnelle avec une héroïne et un bad guy comme Nausicaa et Laputa. Au contraire, Kiki la petite sorcière est un coming-of-age movie, tout ce qu'il y a de plus touchant, avec les habituelles intrusions de féerie dans un monde qui ressemble au notre inhérentes à l'oeuvre de Miyazaki, les personnages attachants comme Jiji le chat ou Tombo et les péripéties toujours drôle d'un personnage principal pour une fois réussi (là où Nausicaa et Sheeta étaient particulièrement agaçantes). Miyazaki rentre alors dans une période particulièrement faste de sa carrière et une certaine maîtrise de son art, que ce soit visuellement ou narrativement.
February 23, 2016
Another masterwork from Hayao Miyazaki. What more is there to say? Miyazaki is a filmmaker for all time. None of his films inhabit a single time or space, they transcend time, and exist as pure movie magic. Not too mention they're also visually wondrous from the word 'go'.
½ February 14, 2016
Kiki's Delivery Service is a really fun and enjoyable Miyazaki film. If you know Miyazaki at all, you know you're going to get a great experience from him pretty much every time.
February 11, 2016
While its pace is a little too slow for its own good it is still a wonderful movie with often beautiful looking animation and a very likable story about the coming of age of a young girl. Particularly it is so wonderful to watch a Miyazaki flying scene as his love of flight gives all the scenes a sense of wonder
February 8, 2016
Wonderful movie about a girl witch. I loved the movie.
January 27, 2016
I didn't love Kiki's delivery service as much as I thought I would. Hayao Miyazaki is a great director of animation but I much prefer the more fantastical and bizarre studio Ghibli films, this one seems a little tame in that sense. I still loved it though, particularly little Jiji who stole every scene!
½ January 22, 2016
Its relaxing take on a young witch's life is well-deserved, as Miyazaki focuses more on character-driven, heartwarming storytelling than his usual adventuresome taste.
January 22, 2016
Hayao Miyazaki does a magnificent film yet again. The flow and storyline was absolutely brilliant. There's never a dry moment.
½ January 1, 2016
another piece of my nostalgia this movie is a masterpiece of animation with brilliant writing and great characters not to mention it takes its audience very seriously this is in my opinion the ultimate coming of age story about a young witch finding her place in the world
December 29, 2015
Studio Ghibli have left me with high expectations. This is not their best but it's still quite good, just not as weird as usual.
November 23, 2015
This is one of the most special movies I've ever seen. It is so fun to watch, Phil Hartman is cynical as he is funny, even I enjoyed Kirsten Dunst which I normally hate, the animation is majestic. It's just so heartwarming for my taste
November 11, 2015
Miyazaki delivers another great animated delight for young and old viewers.
September 25, 2015
Vermakelijk Japans en zoals gewoonlijk van Gibli: prachtig!