Kill Switch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kill Switch Reviews

January 17, 2011
Ok Movie nothing great !
December 15, 2010
I think Steven Seagal films are getting worse. His later films have him talking like a hood rat and he has stand-ins for his fight scenes. As good as he is at martial arts you'd think he'd still do his own fight scenes.
½ November 7, 2010
A very past-his-prime Seagal tracks down a serial killer whilst using excessive force. This movie was written by Seagal, and it was entertaining, but it did have some *major* flaws.

1) Seagal himself. He was uber fat and bloated. He wore a tightly button trench coat the whole movie that looked like it may have had a built-in girdle. He constantly looked like he was sucking his stomach in (and therefore seemed very uncomfortable throughout the film).

2) The way the fight sequences were filmed. They showed every punch or KO about 5 times from different angles. The editing was crazy choppy. I'm sure they did this so you didn't notice Seagal shuffling around like an old man while trying to hold his stomach in.

3) The plot. Seagal couldn't seem to decide if he wanted to make this a macho shoot-em-up flick or a psychological thriller. They showed some brief montages of Seagal pouring over all kinds of astrological documents, but it wasn't convincing that he could really figure any of it out.

4) His accent. He uses a deep-Southern blackcent that is terribly unconvincing.

5) The ending. WHAT THE BALLS? He skips town and ends up in some other country (France? Russia?) where he pulls up to a fancy house and is greeted by a smoking young blond and two young boys who call him "papa". He gives them all Christmas present and the blond strips for him. There is no explanation as to who these people are or what he's doing there. Again, what the balls?!?
October 27, 2010
This movie was a bit of a change for me as I've not seen any of Seagal's movies for quite some time. If I recall his martial art style of combat was ikedo and it was great to see some hard-hitting fight scenes, very realistic, bloody and violent. The sequences even featured a kind of frame skip effect and replays, so when a thug got thrown through glasses and a table, he'd be going through another 3 or 4 times after. The menacing, suited and bulky Seagal talked in his hushed tones and his beady eyes and facial features were focussed on when he's waiting on bad guys to get up. Apart from a few knocks didn't seem like nothing could touch him. Besides the combat the rest of the story had a typical cops and detective feel to it, offices, paperwork and crime scenes and to buzz an interest a female FBI agent.
½ September 28, 2010
I only watched this movie because i was bored. It did not help. Steven Segal is old and fat and it shows. His stunt double is thinner than he is and it shows in all the shots. Whoever edited this used the same shot over and over again in long winded gun battles and chase scene to the point where it's embarrassing to watch. The actors are as convincing as cardboard cut-outs, Segal seems like a shakespearean thespian of classic training in comparison to his co-stars. I just turned it off, I just could not wait around watch to see what cliché ending they dreamed up. Do yourself a favour pass on this movie.
½ September 21, 2010
Hahahahahaha. The dvd cover says 'The best Steven Seagal movie for ages' Holy shit, İ would hate to see the others. This was supposed to be a serious crime/police/detective film. Actually, it's one of the best comedies, that İ have seen in ages. Seagal, please,please stop making movies. Who ate all the pies? Yep, Steven Seagal did and he still wasn't satisfied.

Apart from Titanic, this is one of the worst films, that İ have ever seen.
½ July 30, 2010
Not bad, but not brilliant.
½ June 3, 2010
Formulaic Seagal vehicle. Excess violence with hollywood's unique ability to human recuperation. Plot with twist and 'feminine interest' of the sharp confident FBI agent (for the girls) and plenty seedy T&A for Seagal and the guys.

Could be good but came out boring.
½ May 20, 2010
Seagal's movies are getting worst and worst. I rented this from a Red Box. The quality is very low, the fighting scenes are edit, it looks like its a stuntman, the fighting scenes are not clear becaused its zoomed in too close, you cant even see the techniques that are being used. The camera is very jumpy on the fighting scenes. Their accent was very irritating and it did not match Steven Seagels character. The story was quite poor too. My question is why would Steven Seagal have a stunt for his fighting scenes, isnt he a true martial artist himself? I'm just dissapointed with Seagal's quality. I give a negative Star
May 20, 2010
Not quite as 'hilarious' as other bad, sorry entertaining, Segal movies. The editing is different but gets a bit annoying, it's also quite unbelieving how many of Segal's punches the bad guys can take.

Was in stiches about the bloke complaining about his arm after Segal broke his arm, then his ribs followed by his kneecaps.... Personally i'd be unconscious or at least a little concerned about me knees.

The baffling bit though, the last scene? What? Eh? I don't get it.
½ May 20, 2010
I would have given this movie a -100 if they allowed it 'cause a 10 just seems too generous (I tried 0 but RT made me enter something).

After seeing this movie I've concluded Steven Seagal has become a fat has-been. The acting is horrible, he can't even pretend he's fighting without pretend hits being repeated about 3 times each.

I wish I would have checked with Rotten Tomatoes before renting this crap.

Hey Seagal - maybe you can get a part playing a alley drunk. PLEASE - don't try and make anymore movies pretending to be some tough guy cause you're washed up.

The only thing that made this movie even worse that it was is that fake "jive" accent Seagal tried to do. Give it up dude.
May 20, 2010
I am frustrated after waiting the entire movie for something good to happen. Kill Switch made no sense and the acting was terrible. I expected better from Segal, but this movie was choc-full of boring, unrealistic, fight scenes and middle school play quality acting. I advise no one wastes their time with this movie, i just wasted 2 hours of my life that i will never get back. Segal and whoever was involved with this movie should be ashamed.
May 20, 2010
From the fake accent, repeat editing, sick subject matter, no storyline, beyond belief ability to take and give a punch - well, the movie still sucked.
May 20, 2010
Yet another Steven Seagal action flick. His movies all seem the same to me. The acting isn't very good. Ordinary and uneventful. It never grabbed my interest. There are a few good action sequences, but that's about it.
May 20, 2010
The direction and editing completely destroy this Steven Seagal masterpiece.
May 15, 2010
Action was good... but acting and his accent was terrible, replays of blows was poor, it made no sence and was a pile of rubbish really. Dissapointing.
½ March 16, 2010
Such a crap film.....
March 2, 2010
Kyllä on Seagal vajonnut alas! Uskomatonta kuraa!! Kyllä näiltä elokuvantekijäpelleiltä pitäisi takavarikoida elokuvantekovälineet.
February 1, 2010
Not a bug Seagal fan. Aside from him, the movie had potential but that was about it. I pretty much fell asleep to it.
January 29, 2010
lord have mercy this movie is a piece of shit