Kill Bill: Volume 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kill Bill: Volume 1 Reviews

June 18, 2016
Quentin Tarantino at his finest proves that he can redefine any genre, even a martial arts revenge tale
June 11, 2016
Kill Bill is a fun and entertaining revenge story that perfectly mixes Japanese martial arts films with American martial arts films. Many have a problem with this film and that being that it's silly, but when you get deeper into the movie you realize that that's it's whole point is to be an awesomely silly movie that is riveting throughout the whole thing.
June 9, 2016
I like the plot and how it has lots of action but this movie is just too gory for my major liking.
June 9, 2016
Unbelievably well rounded and absolutely thrilling. What a film.
½ June 6, 2016
One of my least favorite Tarantino movies, but it was still very good.
May 21, 2016
i heard it was very bloody...or is that an understatement
May 21, 2016
Blood, blood spilling everywhere~
½ May 14, 2016
Revenge thriller that takes a lot from martial arts films and Japanese Anime all brought together with that classic Tarantino style of long dialogue chains shattered by epic bouts of violence. A lot of fun.
May 9, 2016
One of the most stylistic movies ever made. The dialogue is played straight and every scene is edited with precision. Transcends the kung fu genre.
May 8, 2016
Clever writing and beautifully choreographed fight scenes will keep anyone with a strong stomach for violence extremely entertained.
April 24, 2016
Man this one entertaining film and Quentin Tarantino does it again!
April 11, 2016
Kill Bill Vol. 1 is both funny and thrilling, with enough gut-wrenchingly gory action scenes to please all Tarantino diehards
½ April 10, 2016
if u r not into Kung fu, skip it...go right to volume 1 which sumarizes the small amount of story that happens in vol.1
April 9, 2016
Very good action homage to Asain martial arts films, Tarantino does it again with volume one of Kill Bill. the action is amazing, the soundtrack is great, the dialogue is ok (kind of a let down), and Uma Thurman is perfect as The Bride. extremely violent, sometimes in an entertaining way, sometimes in a hard to watch way, it's sooooooo bloody. if I wasn't bored for about 15 minutes in the movie it would have been great, but I do think Tarantino's trademark dialogue is a little lazy in this one. very cool and entertaining movie.

8/10
½ April 6, 2016
Pretty good revenge thriller that's full of action that is good but gets too silly at the end, I liked the story even though it's nothing new but it was acted well, The OTT blood was stupid at times and it was hard to take things seriously, But it's fun and entertaining most of the time.
April 1, 2016
this is the ONLY Tarantino movie I like next to Django unchained, just a really fun and gory nonstop action thrill ride for martial arts movie fanatics like me, and uma Thurman was an absolute badass in this film, she kicked so much ass and it was all fun to watch (I'm quite positive that arya stark is based off of Beatrix kiddo), and I like how you only heard bill himself in voice over and only saw his hands, he was much more intimidating in this than he was in part 2
½ March 29, 2016
Easily entertaining and stylish to a fault, Kill Bill is just badass.
½ March 28, 2016
One of the most stylish movies I have ever watched. People bag on Tarantino for having too much violence. Hey, if you can make a movie based around violence this artistic, then by all means stick to what you are good at.
March 27, 2016
How can you not love Quentin Tarantino! Even with a plot as unlikely and abstract as this, Tarantino uses different film tones and camera methods to blend a spaghetti western with a Japanese revenge story. Thurman and the rest of the cast seem to actually understand their characters and know each string to pull with them. From spewing blood, to silly humor, and interesting action, this is a must see!