Kill for Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kill for Me Reviews

½ April 27, 2013
Lifetime R rated material with laugh out loud stuff and hot lesbian themes. Very watchable.
½ April 7, 2013
Great story, definitely recommend
½ March 16, 2013
good cast but story thats been told many times before.
March 16, 2013
The trailer for this movie seemed very cool and interesting. Therefore I decided to watch it, and also because Katie Cassidy was in it. Kill For Me had a familiar plot about some roommates and secrets, but it had a cool twist to it. Even though it was predictable it became kind of unexpected at times, and more after the first kill. Everything was fine up till the end when everything became a mess and it had too many plot twists that ended up being unsurprising. Still it was a good thriller.
March 3, 2013
Pretty good. With a few twists..
March 3, 2013
a twisted plot at the end of the movie by avenging yourself
February 24, 2013
This is not a good movie. There are quite a few things wrong with Kill for Me, one of the main ones being the very beginning. There is no real reason why the viewer should care for the main character right away because nothing is really revealed, other than obvious visual cues. Now, if the story was a bit more creative, I would have forgiven the beginning but the story is so simplistic that you don't even need to guess what is going to happen. There isn't a whole lot of character development either, which is a shame because the characters could have been a lot more interesting. The two main characters have their development, but some events happen without real reasoning. The acting was pretty good. The best acting came from the leads, Katie Cassidy and Tracy Spiridakos. These two seemed to have pretty good chemistry on screen but that alone could not save this movie. Katie Cassidy gave the best performance, especially the few emotional scenes she had. The synopsis is promising but the movie just doesn't deliver. Definitely not worth the rent.
February 18, 2013
For some reason katie cassidy turns me the eff on and Im straight as hell. I dont give this up to too many but she could get it. Ever since I saw her on Supernatural then Melrose I thought this bada55 chick was sexy as hell. Its her natural bada55 status plus her look. Reminds me of me. Anyway the movie was ok I wouldnt rate it at all if Katie hadn't of been in it. But it gets 3 stars because she was. Good story kinda predictable but ends with a twist. The girl grl scenes could've been longer. Just saying. That chick turns me on like crazy. If you can do that to me. You're the shznit.
Matt S.
½ February 16, 2013
Kill for Me was a surprisingly efficient direct to DVD thriller, with shades of Diabolique, Wild Things and Monster. The film has an old-fashioned vibe about it and took its time developing the story and its characters. At the same time it didn't reveal too much, making the film very suspenseful, mysterious and sexy. The film didn't have too much violence but when it did it was shocking enough to make you feel uneasy. With all of the lousy thrillers being released to theaters every year, Kill for Me is a breath of fresh air even though it might be too straightforward sometimes for more hardcore genre buffs.

Katie Cassidy was absolutely stunning in this film; she gives her very best performance of her career so far! Katie plays Amanda, a college student who is trying to move on after her roommate and friend vanishes without a trace. Amanda is also dealing with an abusive ex-boyfriend who is now stalking her; she decides to look for a new roommate to help pay the rent. She soon meets Hailey who also is trying to movie on from an abusive and tormented past, they instantly become roommates and form a bond that leads to a sinister turn of events. Hailey is played by newcomer Tracy Spiridakos, who also stars in the series Revolution. Tracy gives a captivating performance and I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, she is a promising new talent to keep tabs on in the future. Donal Logue, who is from one of my favorite series that is now canceled, Grounded for Life, makes a surprising turn as Hailey's dad and was quite good.

Director, Michael Greenspan definitely improved his game here than his last effort Wrecked, which was a very disappointing movie and was on my bottom list of 2011. His latest film Kill for Me was atmospheric, suspenseful and has a great twist ending that was satisfying for the most part. Sure the premise is nothing all that new, but the way he handle it though, made it his own effective thriller of wronged women getting revenge. The writing wasn't fantastic but it's an improvement from his last picture as it's much more coherent with Christopher Dodd teaming up with him again since working on the film Wrecked. They definitely took a step in the right direction this time around.

Overall, Kill for Me is the first good thriller of 2013. It has two appealing leading ladies, brooding atmosphere, suspenseful story and a satisfying twist ending. Nothing too original here though, but still it's a well executed film. Recommended!

7 out of 10
February 13, 2013
A great thriller with extreme suspense and a great ending. Katie Cassidy really knows how to act. worth a watch.
February 12, 2013
Slow, boring, and predictable. Nothing you haven't seen before. Of course, it's going to be compared to Single White Female, because it's very reminiscent of that film. The only bright spot is Katie Cassidy.