Kill for Me Reviews

• Jul 17, 2020

I do not know if I should compare this to a movie I have not seen, especially if that movie is better or worse than what I have just seen. This is a modernized, low budget, CW style version of Strangers on a Train. Amanda, a young college-age woman has been having personal problems of late when she welcomes a new roommate at her school. Hayley, the new roommate, is an awkward peer who involves herself in Amanda's personal life that then leads to an incident that has Amanda incurring a massive debt that leads her to plot a murder upon Hayley's supposedly abusive father. I got to say it was great watching Katie Cassidy in something other than a television show and Tracy Spiridakos is a lovely woman that does a great job in playing an emotionally disturbed woman with murderous intent. But the movie drags at a slow pace, with numerous plot holes and terrible moments. Was it really necessary to add a sex scene or for one of the characters to commit a kidnapping? Some good and some bad but mostly bad stuff in this movie. No surprise this is straight to DVD.

• Feb 08, 2020

Director: Michael Greenspan Writers: Christopher Dodd (screenplay), Michael Greenspan (screenplay) Stars: Leah Gibson, Torrance Coombs, Shannon Chan-Kent, Katie Cassidy, Tracy Spiridakos, Donal Logue I've been sitting on Kill for Me for some time and now that I've seen it, I can't believe I almost let this one slip past me. The story is very well written, building up a lot of tension and tying all aspects of the story together to one climatic ending. The pacing was sluggish at first, but after watching it a second time I could see how it works to establish the relationship between Hailey and Amanda. Just when you think you've got this film all figured out, it goes and flips the script on you with a neat little twist. It's not a W.T.F. moment, but it serves its purpose well. Finally the acting truly compliment the film, with everyone bringing their A game to the table. Tracy Spiridakos... I enjoyed your performance in "The Boy She Met Online", but I was completely blown away by your psycho/abused Hailey; she's calculating and unremorseful, yet affectionate and caring. Kudos also goes out to Donal Logue, who played one crafty S.O.B. whom I enjoyed every moment your character was on-screen . Props goes out to Katie Cassidy, who flat out takes the award after that scene where she has to seduce Garret. So damn gorgeous it hurts! In the end, Kill for Me while I was considering not watching you after the first 15 minutes, I'm really glad I stuck with it and I was rewarded with a thriller that's well written, well acted and full of suspense. 8/10

• Apr 19, 2016

It is a thriller with no thrills.Predictable, cliché and a bit boring but the acting is quite good. Jack.

• Mar 17, 2016

• Feb 05, 2015

I did not see the ending playing out exactly as it did, but it was a good way to wrap up the story.

• Sep 10, 2014

This Is Why I Love Movies, I Was Totally Surprised In How Good This Was..Now Given, It Is A Little B-Grade Acting In Parts, Bit The Story & Soundtrack Are Pretty Solid Entertainment Offerings.

• Aug 20, 2014

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 (2013) Kill For Me SUSPENSE THRILLER Co-written and directed by Michael Greenspan with Amanda Rowe (Katie Cassidy) finally agreeing with former friend and young teenage landlord to rent out Amanda's best friend's 'Natalie Ross' bedroom since she's nowhere to found therefore, declared missing. By the time the new roommate, by the name of Hayley Jones (Tracy Spiridakos) moves in, it isn't too long that it becomes another Hitchcock's "Strangers On A Train" scenario with tiny glimpses of "Single White Female" with a twist. The movie depends more on circumstances, so to reveal anymore would pretty much ruin it for the viewers. One of my main problems is that it leaves me with more questions than answers as some of the main characters situations are not fully developed. 2 out of 4 stars

• May 18, 2014

The movie itself was great, it even had a bit of "Love" in it! But Katie Cassidy and Tracy Spiridakos were AMAZING!! Their scenes together were very... real. Very sad ending though, but watch it, you'll be glad you did.

• Jan 28, 2014

What starts as a sombre look at the affects of gender violence, quickly descents into formulaic set pieces and silly twists..

• Jan 09, 2014

The acting was good but not much else.

The acting was good but not much else.