Kill Your Darlings - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kill Your Darlings Reviews

½ March 18, 2013
It was ok. The ending lost me a bit.
September 22, 2012
Forgot I had already seen it... and it wasn't good the first time around.
½ August 25, 2011
OK didn't not really give a monkeys about the main character, which Im guessin was the writer, who funnily enough was called Eric, and was swedish, so got called a viking at one stage! Which is funny as one of the suicidal patients was a 6ft transvistite played by none other than Alexander Skarsgard, who along with Julie Benz and Fares Fares, are the only characters u kinda give a damn about, abit of a mess, but those 3 make it worth a look, not too bad for an indie movie, I've seen worse, but seen better too!
½ August 4, 2011
I think there were some interesting ideas here. I did not like or thought what happened to the writer was the way to go, it was a little too much, and a little too fake in my opinion. I really got to cared more about the suicidal characters, which I think were the best of the movie and pulled the movie together. It definitely needs some work but I enjoyed it, it was refreshing to see a movie that doesn't have the normal plot. We need more of these!
June 29, 2011
This movie is full of emotion and suspense and has characters that are from all walks of life that are going through very similar problems this is a great deep drama with some laughs though the story doesnt flow perfectly and the ending couldve been better 3.5 stars
April 12, 2011
As it turns out, suicide is not really funny, but Alexander Skarsgard in drag is.
½ October 24, 2010
Alex in drag....best thing ever!
½ August 16, 2010
This was worth watching just to see Alexander Skarsgård in drag! He?s actually kinda cute, and he?s nailing his part! He really is a good actor. It?s those small quirks and movements he adds to his character that does it. The movie in itself was rather boring, and all kinds of weird! It may have had a couple of half-good scenes, but they?re already forgotten. If it hadn?t been for my obsession with Alex and the fact that I always watch a movie till the end, I would have shoved it in the trash can after 30 minutes or so ? thankfully the virtual trash can seeing as I downloaded it.
½ December 27, 2009
Auch wenn die Story an sich ein bisschen sehr schräg ist und teilweise nicht richtig durchdacht wirkt, haut die Besetzung mal wieder alles raus. Julie Benz, Alexander Skarsgård, Fares Fares und alle anderen gehen perfekt in ihren Rollen auf und machen den Film sehenswert.
½ November 8, 2009
strange, amusing and slightly disturbing at times.
October 19, 2009
Absolutely brill! I usually don't like Alexander Skarsgård but he is really good in this one.
August 5, 2009
Freaky, messy & unorganized.
March 29, 2009
A strange but sweet Swedish suicide fable... It unfortunately doesn't work as whole - Lolita Davidovich's madcap turn is far too annoying - which is a shame. Had it focused more on the suicidal duo of Skarsgard's transvestite and Benz, and their mobster captor it would've been better entertainment as this trio provide most of the heartfelt moments and comedy.
½ March 17, 2009
It was ok. The ending lost me a bit.
½ January 28, 2009
no no no
a disgrace to road movies.
like an english cooking book of plots.
½ December 5, 2008
you can compare it to some of D.Lynch movies... excellent play of Alexander Skarsgard and Julie Benz!
November 9, 2008
interesting idea at first, executed poorly, just plain confusing in the end
October 8, 2008
The best thing about this movie was probably how overwhelmed I felt by each character's emotional state. I thought it was- heartfelt, sexy and totally disturbing.
½ September 4, 2008
Good story, bad accents :)
August 22, 2008
annorlunda och lustig film.. sömngivande och djup..