Killer Klowns from Outer Space - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Killer Klowns from Outer Space Reviews

December 4, 2017
Guilty pleasure for its over-the-top creative creepiness
October 24, 2017
one of my favorite PG-13 Horror movie of all time ever
October 15, 2017
I'd like to describe this as pure genius, the entire thing is just awesome!
September 15, 2017
its a kids movie thats too scary for kids. the clowns are really creepy!
September 13, 2017
Sometimes getting a small loan of 2 million dollars to make an instant Cult Classic like this is worth it.
August 25, 2017
Why would aliens look and act like clowns? Implausible.
August 13, 2017
This truly inspiring movie has made me completely rethink why we are here on this earth. With jaw-dropping special effects and academy award wining acting, "Killer Klowns from Outer space reminds me of my childhood and all the fun times I had with my best friend Bobo. The complexity of the plot left me in aw. This instant classic shows the true meaning of life, and how it should not be taken for granted. Settings and props We're decades ahead of their time proving that more money equals a better film. I am exhilarated to see the sequel and the wonders it will behold.
July 17, 2017
Not a great horror movie but it's fresh and hilarious to the point that you don't care when you realize it's more likely a parody of people being terrified of clowns.
½ July 3, 2017
Great horror among many others" this film does for sure deliver everything that it states" killer klowns from outer space" all the way through the film, its just so much enjoyable film, its uniqe, its off the wall crazie, its a film you must see, scary, stupid, and funny all of what you want.
June 27, 2017
Extremely corny and hilariously acted. This film is almost guaranteed to make one cringe and/or laugh at the over the top acting and clichés. However, with a good setup and great special effects, this film is still enjoyable.
June 25, 2017
Directed by, Stephen Chiodo, and written/produced by him and his brothers, Charlie and Edward Chiodo. This film was my childhood, and still holds up to my expectations. I loved this comedy horror film, and it's really a great watch.
June 11, 2017
With more hits than misses, this amusing alien monster movie looks great and does deliver a lot of funny moments and all the goofy fun that is promised in the title - even though it can be very silly at times, especially in its harmless ending.
June 2, 2017
remember watching this when I was a kid . classic .
May 20, 2017
Fun and creative, not much else needs to be said.
½ March 9, 2017
I needed this movie, especially after the previous movie I watched. It was called Before All Others and it's one of those horrible, preachy religious films (not my choice) that I wouldn't have been caught dead watching. I just needed something stupid to wash the filth off of that horrible movie. But I digress, a lot of people have phobias, it's one of those things that make us unmistakably human. For example, I fear airplanes, I wouldn't necessarily call it a phobia, as I don't feel like crying when I see an airplane on TV, for example. I've seen people whose phobia is to the point where they can't even see that specific thing on films or whatever. Sometimes they even cry when they see it. I'm not saying that to mock these people, it's just a statement of fact. That's how bad some phobias are to some people. If you were to take a sample size of 1500 and asked them to compile a list of their phobias, I'm sure a lot of those lists would include clowns as one of their main phobias. I had a friend in school that was terrified of clowns. I did some research on Wikipedia as to this phobia, but the review will last forever if I talk about that, so let's just move on. While I get it, at the same time I don't. This brings us to this film, which was, quite honestly, a little stupid. And I mean that in the most complimentary way possible, as that is what it was intended to be, just a silly horror-comedy that you can laugh at and with. Let's just get the negatives out of the way first, the movie isn't as consistently cheesy as I would have hoped. It's not that it's better than I expected, it's about the level I would have anticipated. There's some really funny gags early on in the film. Like, for example, the balloon dog that helps the clowns track our protagonists after they run away from the clowns' circus tent spaceship. That scene was, honestly, hilarious to me. Perhaps because I wasn't expecting it, but it legitimately made me laugh. I can't say that the rest of the film did much of that. I mean, I did laugh at some of the goofiness and the craptacular acting, but it was nothing like the balloon dog. That's the main problem, to me, with the movie. It just peaks too early. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think the movie was bad, it was average at best, but I felt that the consistency wasn't there for it to make this a good movie. That's not to say that there isn't some enjoyment to be had here. If you're looking for something that's downright goofy, something that you don't need to use your brain much for. If you can find a group of your horror geek friends to watch this with, then this movie is even better. It might not be because you all thought the film was great, but at least you'd have some fun watching this. One of the more genuinely surprising things about this movie is the fact that, really, it had very little of the way of gore. There's this scene where one of the clowns, literally, punches this dude's head clean off and it lands in a nearby trashcan. It's a really quick scene and it isn't even that gruesome. The rest of the film had some minor blood, like really minor. So, if I'm being honest, I have to applaud the film for managing to get by without much gore. Did they need it? I don't know, I think it might have helped with some of the sillier aspects of the film. But the clowns, mostly, just go around turning people into cotton candy cocoons that they then drink or something, with a silly straw of course. Like you can do much more with the clowns if they were actually more violent, but that's not the movie they wanted to make. And it's not my decision, since it wasn't my movie. With that said, while I had issues with the movie in terms of its consistency, I still thought this was a decent horror comedy. It might not be the best you will ever see, but you can still get some enjoyment from this film's absurdity. It's on Amazon Prime, if you're subscribed and interested in this. This is a must-watch if you've just seen a horrible and preachy religious film. Might not be a great, or even good movie, but this is exactly what the doctor ordered.
½ March 6, 2017
dream like world both scary funny goofy and laugh out loud moment
February 1, 2017
Cheezy B sci-fi movie greatness. Hilarious prank-like kills, cringe worthy puns and a great ending.
October 30, 2016
This cult classic had escaped me for a long time, it's a sci-fi/horror/comedy. It is super cheesy, but a lot of fun if you like that sort of thing. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, but still found it kind of fun. Listening to the commentary occasionally was also fun, the directors had a lot of passion for the film and it's infectious. Far fans of cult classic only.
October 29, 2016
This is a good "bad movie". Its a gag-filled cheese fest that pays homage to 1950s monster movies. The creators of this know exactly what it is that they made here, and it works very well as long as you take it for what it's supposed to be.
October 27, 2016
Goofy, gory, popcorn-fueled fun. Four of five stars.