Killer Rats - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Killer Rats Reviews

February 21, 2015
Thrilling in the least way, the rat monsters are cheesy looking and the plot is mediocre, even for a monster movie. The characters are lame, there's too much untouched backstory, and it follows most of the same low-budget paths other movies like these make.
½ September 10, 2012
Not bad, but has been done better in other films, such as Of Unknown Origin, Deadly Eyes, and The Rats.
½ September 2, 2012
My sister and I had to see this film for the tagline alone "it's too late to scream...they're already here". This had us laughing, but soon we were laughing much more when we started watching. Some of the rat attack scenes were so funny my stomach hurt from laughter. Some of the acting was decent but it was quite ridiculous. As well, the people didn't really scream when the rats were attacking them, which I thought was weird, so I suppose there was some truth to that tagline after all.
February 26, 2011
The cgi rats in this were hilarious. Especially the one that was bigger than a dog.
bbcfloridabound
½ November 2, 2010
A pretty good Rat Film, It has Ron Pelman (Hellboy) who plays a Doctor at a mental institution, Also a patient is an undercover reporter, trying to do a special on the hospital and its dirty deeds, as she is undercover we find giant rats in the cellar that feed on humans. The 2nd in my line of Halloween Movies, this one is creepy, and gets 3 1/2 stars
½ September 1, 2010
It builds to a climactic let down. What a shame.
July 25, 2009
I find the idea of being attacked by a bunch of rats really disturbing. It would suck, so much. This film failed to really disturb because of the funny looking CG rats. They were confusing more than scary. They moved awkwardly, looked fake and didn't interact well with humans. Perlman gives a decent performance, a performance above this films level of quality. The most original part is the Dr's and Nurses in the hospital not being complete arse monkeys. They actually seem to care for the patients. The script is a bit lazy, with doors being unlocked just as the heroes need them etc. If you're into B-Movie Maneater stuff, you would have seen better, but also a lot worse.
½ July 22, 2009
Vergonzosa y lamentable película que vi el fin de semana pasado en Cuatro, mientras intentaba dormitar sin mucho éxito tras haber cenado copiosamente sendas pizzas grasosas de Telepizza y una tarrina de medio litro de helado de nuez con nueces caramelizadas (que hambre me está entrando...).

Bueno, al lío:

Una institución psiquiátrica norteamericana, de alta seguridad, para jóvenes problemáticos, está llamando la atención porque últimamente se fugan mucho. Para investigarlo, una estudiante (porque dudo que fuese ya periodista) se infiltra en el psiquiátrico haciéndose pasar por una paciente más para investigar desde dentro.

Pronto se revela la verdad: el director del centro (Ron Perlman), hace años experimentó con ratas. Ahora, esas ratas, comandadas por una enorme mierda, quiero decir, deprimente rata hecha por telesketch (si utilizaron ordenador, le pego un tiro al técnico encargado de los efectos especiales) del tamaño de un pitbull que se comunica telepáticamente con el encargado del psiquiátrico (sí, no le busquéis la lógica) y dirige a las horas de ratas con ojos rojos de bombilla que se comen a quien le apetece. Esa es la horrible verdad.
Por suerte, el compañero de la estudiante de periodismo acude a rescatarla y tras caer en la trampa y morir todas las personas del centro, logran hacer explotar varias bombonas de oxígeno para destruir a la gata gigante mientras ellos se escoden tras una trampilla de madera que da a un altillo.
En medio del incendio, se salvan. Como no, las maléficas ratas también escapan por una alcantarilla, incluída la rata-gigante despelechada.

A parte de lo estúpido del guión, de lo poco devastadora que puede llegar a ser una explosión de bombonas de oxígeno comprimido, y de la deprimente rata, que mata a todo el mundo lanzándose sobre ellos como si fuese una fuerza de la naturaleza que no puede detenerse (con lo fácil que es coger un bate de beisbol y darle dos palos bien daos a la maldita rata las narices, se puede destacar que se ve un par de veces a Ron Perlman (Hellboy), actor que, dado que no es muy conocido pero que se tuvieron que ir a Bulgaria para rodar y los paupérrimos efectos especiales, tuvo que llevarse gran parte del presupuesto destinado a crear esta monstruosidad de film.
May 13, 2009
One of the most pointless movies I have ever seen. It was actually so bad and so silly that you will laugh unless you have a rat-phobia (like I have...). The filming, and the story make you think that it´s made in the late 1970s or in the 1980s. But then you start to recognise the leading woman and think. Where the h-ll have I seen her...? Then it hits you; It´s Shelly from Twin Peaks!

Then the whole carnival begins! Super mutant killer rats start attacking people. It soon turns out that they have their nest under the perfume section in a department store. The rats plan to take over the whole city!

This is best described as a pure waste of time...Do not watch it!
½ December 2, 2008
I thought this was a different rat crazy movie of a title I've forgotten, but still fun. I still feel they used too much cgi just for the rats. So I supposed this would be a different section in bad B-movies. Ron Perlman was good in a role that he was not ass-kickering.
August 25, 2008
vraiment pas terrible, queques efforts de scénar, mais bon !
June 21, 2008
haha, this is the stuff.
April 14, 2008
A most odious film...but Ron Perlman's in it.
½ December 23, 2007
Total crap. Dull, predictable story. Shitty SFX!
½ October 26, 2007
I never knew so much CGI would be cheaper than hiring like 5 rats.
September 21, 2007
The old saying "the nuts are running the asylum" was true in this movie...when you replace the nuts with killer rats. The storyline is a typical b-movie but it is kind of cool and you never know, this kind of thing might actually happen. Most horror movies can never happen in reality which is why you can sit back and go "its only a movie" but when you think about it, there could be a gang of mutated rats on the loose in an insane asylum because who would ever notice?

The plot is an undercover reporter is brought into the place to search for clues on the research done on rats from many years ago. Inside she meets the usual gang of rejects, druggies and weirdos. One of whom named Cypress has the biggest nose I've ever seen. Anyway, as the reporter begins to get settled, mutant rats start devouring everyone in their sight and its up to the reporter to save the day.

The rats were computer generated but I didn't find the movie too bad. Its pretty dumb but if you need to kill time, not a bad way to do it.

The highlight of the film is when Jennifer tries to convince Michael that there are rats on the loose by holding up a picture Cypress drew. Michael says "This is your proof??? This is a finger-painting!"

2 out of 5
September 19, 2007
I herd a friend talking about this..