Killing Bono - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Killing Bono Reviews

December 11, 2012
I love this movie! The story is so crazy an it even became crazier when I found out that the story was based on actual events! The McCormicks are really and so is Shook Up! Crazy!!!
November 8, 2012
A movie about two paths a schoolband can possibly experience. The 'U2' one and the other, unsucessful one. Don't expect many U2 scenes, in fact there are none (except one or two with Bono). However, the connection is significant and any pop-rock music fan should enjoy the movie. Not many backstage scenes too (stage constructions, backline, etc.) and...not much profound plot - expect regular band-in-the-garage and band-on-the-tour scenes, including a girl/manager/ego problem
½ November 1, 2012
Quite enjoyable although its hard to believe this occurred in real life.
October 11, 2012
Quite funny even if somewhat strained at times. It left me asking whether this is actually based on things that really happened, particularly because most of it is quite plausible.
October 2, 2012
Funny and interesting at times, but it's also a bit too goofy for such a dark premise, and it's never as deep as it should be.
½ October 1, 2012
I really enjoyed this film. I had so much fun watching this movie, and I personally found it fantastic. I have not read the book, but I loved what was done in this story. I am assuming that it did not follow the book very well by some of the fan reviews that I have read. The movie in itself was so enjoyable, that I don't really care that it took poetic license (as movie makers will do). I am interested, however, in reading this book now...
August 17, 2012
not as good as I wanted it to be. The early U2 stuff was pretty funny and well done.
August 5, 2012
wow what a brilliant movie 2 watch...........i have just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a truely brilliant under-rated gem of a movie........its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie..........i think that ben barnes, robert sheehan, krysten ritter, peter serafinowicz, pete postlethwaite, martin mccann, justine waddell, stanley townsend, charlie cox, lisa mcallister, luke treadaway, ralph brown play good roles/parts throughout this movie...........i think that ben barnes was so brilliant as neil mccormick/robert sheehan was superbly brilliant as ivan mccormick as they were just so funny 2 watch throughout this movie...................i think that the director of this comedy/drama/art house/international movie had done a brilliant job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie its a superbly brilliantly acted movie with a fantastic cast throughout this movie its such a brilliant movie 2 watch with an ace cast throughout
½ July 19, 2012
The story is pretty weak, I can imagine the book is as dull as dishwater - the story of a man who was nearly a rock start. To call this a comedy is not quite right either, as there are very few funny things going on. The fact that it is based on true events makes it slightly interesting. The interesting thing for me is that excerpts from this film would make it into a general character study of the ego and behaviour of lead singers, a documentary that really should be made.
July 13, 2012
a delightful biopic-true story. seems like Cameron Crowe and Quentin Tarantino mixture film!
½ July 7, 2012
Great premise and seriously funny at times thanks to a witty script and a great performnce from Sheehan as Ivan McCormick. Barnes is also good but I found his character to be very unlikeable and I struggled to see past that.
June 13, 2012
It's a classic story of what if
May 27, 2012
Nothing special with this one, but not a bad movie.
½ May 26, 2012
Would be real cool it was 100% true
½ May 25, 2012
Not bad. Not great. Interesting if you like U2.
½ May 19, 2012
A fun movie about a loser who dreams of rockstardom and always screws things up. And no, Bono is not killed....unfortunately
May 13, 2012
Characters more irritating than Bono himself.
May 10, 2012
Another "based on true events" just becomes repetitive and looses pace quickly. One of Pete Postlethwaite's last performances.
½ May 9, 2012
The premise of "Killing Bono" -- that teen classmates of U2 would simultaneously form their own band and struggle for recognition while jealously watching Bono and company conquer the world -- should be irresistible to rock-music lovers. That it's based on a true story adds even more allure. Unfortunately, the facts were obviously embellished to create a more entertaining screenplay -- the self-destructive choices of the rival band's singer (who also wrote the book that inspired the film) are so wildly stupid that credibility is shot. I mean, really -- what member of an unsigned club band would turn down a chance to open for U2? As for depictions of U2 itself, most fans will be disappointed. None of the group's real members appear. Just one U2 song ("I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For") is on the soundtrack. The simulated group is barely shown performing, and only the "Bono" actor has a substantial part. He is a poor physical match. Sadly, the film's most memorable performance comes from the late Pete Postlethwaite as a homosexual landlord and mentor. It was his final role.
May 9, 2012
Filmen viser hvordan U2 ble startet, og følger brødrene som ikke hang seg på bandet men startet sitt eget band, Shooked Up. Utrolig kjip for Ivan som kunne vært en av U2 gutta. Grei film.