Killing Season - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Killing Season Reviews

December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
August 29, 2016
Amazingly awful. Almost worth watching because it's so bad. Its kind of funny to imagine Travolta and De Niro are both secretly trying to make love to one another, because that's the only thing that makes sense in this retarded game of catch and release they're calling a movie.
½ August 15, 2016
Stupid. Why would these 2 actors stoop to crap like this.
½ May 11, 2016
Very good movie about the lasting effects of war. I caught one blooper when Travolta called De Niro's grandson his nephew.
April 6, 2016
Travolta and De Niro's tiny bit of chemistry cannot save this blacklisted screenplay from its garbled morality and inaccurate depictions of major historical events.
April 1, 2016
A decent flick with a decent story and acting
March 21, 2016
O produtor Paul Breuls faz uso da tipica estrategia para comercializar filmes cretinos, contratar grandes astros do cinema para interpretarem papeis imbecis em roteiros tolos. O roteiro imbecil e de Evan Daugherty e a direção medíocre e de Mark Steven Johnson. Robert De Niro e John Travolta são as iscas da vez, para atrair o publico avido por uma nova boa atuação de De Niro. O resultado final é pouco agradável diante da expectativa gerada pelos grandes astros, é um filme passatempo mas facilmente esquecível.
March 12, 2016
Big name actors making a junk movie ... ugh, waste of time.
February 15, 2016
This might actually be the worst movie ever made.
½ February 2, 2016
An almost decent story of revenge and the effects of war on both sides. An engrossing performance by John Travolta makes this worth a watch.
½ January 31, 2016
John Travolta is truly awful in this...I seriously think it's time he quit acting for good! With a better actor, this could have been a slightly better, more atmospheric movie but he just fails to bring any emotion or substance to the role. The script could also do with jolt of electricity here and there. All in all, this had plenty of promise and just failed to deliver.
November 29, 2015
engaging and breath taking. Wonderful and deep acting by both actors
½ November 18, 2015
Excellent movie very powerful acting. I fear this theme will be a reality. After the Iraq war and all the built up hate. Now that the Syrians are migrating here to the U.S.A and we all know most of these refugees are not Syrians they are displaced Iraqi's bath's and soldiers from Saddam's Military that fled to Syria are going to be coming here to the U.S a very bad move. What of some of them are looking for retribution of some kind
November 8, 2015
Travolta's accent is terrible and always distracting. Still this one has some worthwhile writing in parts and some decent action sequences. Production values could be worse.
½ November 6, 2015
It's not a masterpiece and it's actually right on the path of the movies that De Niro has been doing for the past few years. Despite it not being great, I really liked it for what it is. It's supposed to be a thriller with two war veterans and it's just that. It's nothing ingenious but it's a totally decent movie that would be a 6.5 in my book.

Travolta was good, De Niro is always great cause I adore him as an actor! The action was as much as I wanted, the scenes of the fighting were really realistic and kept me at the edge of my seat. Even this back and forth thing that one was freed and the other was freed and so on and so forth, was nicely done and was not tiring.

It's a nice rental for a relaxed week night, with some pop corn or a pizza, if you can handle eating with bloody scenes!
October 3, 2015
Not a total waste of time, Killing Season has a very good film hidden somewhere deep inside the pseudo-intellectual whining about war and countless over-gory capture/escape scenarios.
September 28, 2015
I think the critics are a bit too hard on DeNiro and Travolta. This one was pretty good. Kept my attention with an unpredictable ending. An accurate dipiction of the futility of war and the men back in society plagued by haunting memories and the difficulty coming home and adjusting.
June 16, 2015
Nice little quick movie that involves suspenseful performances of De Niro as a Bosnian war vet turned woodsman and Travolta as the well-played weapons maker bent on revenge. Good back and forth between the two.
½ June 13, 2015
Is the movie good? No, Is the movie historically accurate? nope, Does the movie have cool fight/torture scenes from De Niro and Travolta, surprisingly yes. The only other thing that would have made this movie fresh for me is less stupidity of the things that happen in this movie and better acting by Travolta, along with a better accent.
½ April 19, 2015
This movie would be better, if John Travolta was not in it.