Killing Season - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Killing Season Reviews

½ May 11, 2016
Very good movie about the lasting effects of war. I caught one blooper when Travolta called De Niro's grandson his nephew.
April 6, 2016
Travolta and De Niro's tiny bit of chemistry cannot save this blacklisted screenplay from its garbled morality and inaccurate depictions of major historical events.
April 1, 2016
A decent flick with a decent story and acting
March 21, 2016
O produtor Paul Breuls faz uso da tipica estrategia para comercializar filmes cretinos, contratar grandes astros do cinema para interpretarem papeis imbecis em roteiros tolos. O roteiro imbecil e de Evan Daugherty e a direção medíocre e de Mark Steven Johnson. Robert De Niro e John Travolta são as iscas da vez, para atrair o publico avido por uma nova boa atuação de De Niro. O resultado final é pouco agradável diante da expectativa gerada pelos grandes astros, é um filme passatempo mas facilmente esquecível.
March 12, 2016
Big name actors making a junk movie ... ugh, waste of time.
February 15, 2016
This might actually be the worst movie ever made.
½ February 2, 2016
An almost decent story of revenge and the effects of war on both sides. An engrossing performance by John Travolta makes this worth a watch.
½ January 31, 2016
John Travolta is truly awful in this...I seriously think it's time he quit acting for good! With a better actor, this could have been a slightly better, more atmospheric movie but he just fails to bring any emotion or substance to the role. The script could also do with jolt of electricity here and there. All in all, this had plenty of promise and just failed to deliver.
November 29, 2015
engaging and breath taking. Wonderful and deep acting by both actors
½ November 18, 2015
Excellent movie very powerful acting. I fear this theme will be a reality. After the Iraq war and all the built up hate. Now that the Syrians are migrating here to the U.S.A and we all know most of these refugees are not Syrians they are displaced Iraqi's bath's and soldiers from Saddam's Military that fled to Syria are going to be coming here to the U.S a very bad move. What of some of them are looking for retribution of some kind
November 8, 2015
Travolta's accent is terrible and always distracting. Still this one has some worthwhile writing in parts and some decent action sequences. Production values could be worse.
½ November 6, 2015
It's not a masterpiece and it's actually right on the path of the movies that De Niro has been doing for the past few years. Despite it not being great, I really liked it for what it is. It's supposed to be a thriller with two war veterans and it's just that. It's nothing ingenious but it's a totally decent movie that would be a 6.5 in my book.

Travolta was good, De Niro is always great cause I adore him as an actor! The action was as much as I wanted, the scenes of the fighting were really realistic and kept me at the edge of my seat. Even this back and forth thing that one was freed and the other was freed and so on and so forth, was nicely done and was not tiring.

It's a nice rental for a relaxed week night, with some pop corn or a pizza, if you can handle eating with bloody scenes!
October 3, 2015
Not a total waste of time, Killing Season has a very good film hidden somewhere deep inside the pseudo-intellectual whining about war and countless over-gory capture/escape scenarios.
September 28, 2015
I think the critics are a bit too hard on DeNiro and Travolta. This one was pretty good. Kept my attention with an unpredictable ending. An accurate dipiction of the futility of war and the men back in society plagued by haunting memories and the difficulty coming home and adjusting.
June 16, 2015
Nice little quick movie that involves suspenseful performances of De Niro as a Bosnian war vet turned woodsman and Travolta as the well-played weapons maker bent on revenge. Good back and forth between the two.
½ June 13, 2015
Is the movie good? No, Is the movie historically accurate? nope, Does the movie have cool fight/torture scenes from De Niro and Travolta, surprisingly yes. The only other thing that would have made this movie fresh for me is less stupidity of the things that happen in this movie and better acting by Travolta, along with a better accent.
½ April 19, 2015
This movie would be better, if John Travolta was not in it.
½ April 18, 2015
Killing Season featured 2 big time actors and they were the only characters in the film 90% of the time. Limiting the film to these two meant the plot had to be great to make it a good movie and unfortunately it feel short. After the beginning sequence it was pretty much a face off between the two and they were just trying to kill each other the whole time. There were some big set pieces that were very unbelievable because guys their age would of either died from the events or been so hurt they wouldn't be able to walk. There was a war story from the past thrown in and each guy tried to be sentimental at times but in the end it was just a weak movie even with the star power. The ending was boring and this one on one battle movie needed a lot more to make it worthwhile.
February 22, 2015
this movie was cool. It was good seeing De Niro and Travolta together in a movie
February 11, 2015
John Travolta plays the role of Vengeful Ex-Soldier who was shot during the Bosnian War in a war crime by some bad Americans shooting bad Serbian war criminals. Specifically it's suggested he may have been shot by Robert De Niro who plays Colonel Benjamin Something. Now 18 years later, Vengeful Ex-Soldier has bought some American military personnel files off a bloke in a pub. One of the files is on Colonel Benjamin Something. "I have been waiting 18 years to do a revenge film with De Niro" says Vengeful Ex-Soldier to the bloke in the pub, who seems to be losing interest.

Imagine if you will, John Travolta attempting a Serbian accent. Imagine what that would be like for 90 minutes. Yep, it's as bad as you just imagined. Travolta's awful accent competes for ridiculousness with his 'hair' which at times appears to be a specially designed swimming cap and at others a bald head that has been very neatly coloured in with very black permanent marker.

This is so rubbish in so many ways, it seems so little effort has gone into the enterprise, that it has an active contempt for the viewer. It openly defies you to bother summoning the will to dislike it. Or sit all the way through it. I managed it in three chunks. Both actors seem to be putting in the bare minimum effort; the extended dialogue scene between the two in Colonel Something's cabin looks like a half-arsed script read through/failed improvisation that got left in by mistake....The action is limp, the script is nothing, the performances are shambolic.

I expect this kind of nonsense from Travolta, but the disappointing thing is I have come to expect it from De Niro. It's sad and perplexing to watch him drive nails into the coffin of a once brilliant career that already has more nails in it than it could ever possibly need. Nothing is getting out of that coffin Bobby, why are you doing this?

Full review at ponderflix on wordpress.