Critics Consensus: Killing Them Softly Is Certified Fresh
Plus, The Collection improves a bit on its predecessor.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Beware Of Mr. Baker, a documentary about Cream's irascible drummer, is at 100 percent.
- Dragon, starring Donnie Yen as a family man who uses his martial arts skills to take on the mafia, is at 91 percent.
- California Solo, starring Robert Carlyle as an aging rocker in the midst of a personal crisis, is at 80 percent.
- Parked, starring Colm Meaney in a drama about a man living in his car who befriends a spirited younger man, is at 75 percent.
- Walk Away Renee, a documentary/fiction hybrid about a man's cross-country trek with his mentally ill mother, is at 71 percent.
- King Kelly, a comedy about an aspiring webcam celebrity who gets embroiled in a botched drug deal, is at 67 percent.
- Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning, starring Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren as marauding cyborgs intent on world domination, is at 55 percent.
- Back to 1942, a historical drama about a deadly famine in World War II-era China, is at 33 percent.
- Ex-Girlfriends, starring Jennifer Carpenter in a dramedy about an aspiring writer who hopes to win back his old flame, is at 29 percent.
- The Mystical Laws, a sci-fi anime about a resistance faction fighting a demagogic attempt for world domination, is at 20 percent.
- Addicted To Fame, a behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Anna Nicole Smith's final film, is at 17 percent.